Do we live in ''5 minutes of fame'' era?

I expect this thread to flop cause it's late night but whatever :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

Fame is different now because of social media. Literally some random, basic people become famous for nothing. When actors, singers become famous nowadays I feel they disappear quickly. 

From actors that had their 5 minutes of fame and disappeared quickly: Regé-Jean Page, Katherine Langford, Noah Centineo (maybe I'm wrong but I literally don't see people talking about em anymore, there's probably more examples) 

Singers: Billie Eilish :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: I feel like she fell off so hard after Happier Than Ever. I honestly kinda expect the same thing happening to Olivia Rodrigo.  

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Henry. said:

Singers: Billie Eilish :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: I feel like she fell off so hard after Happier Than Ever. I honestly kinda expect the same thing happening to Olivia Rodrigo.

Billie is still relevant (not as much as she used to be tho) I don't think her next album will be as succesful as her previous ones and her career will probaly die within the next 5 years

Olivia is already forgotten there was so much hype surrounding her 2nd album after Sour but everyone forgot about her

I think the only "new singer" that can make a succesful album in the next decade is Dua Lipa

1 hour ago, Henry. said:

I expect this thread to flop cause it's late night but whatever :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

Fame is different now because of social media. Literally some random, basic people become famous for nothing. When actors, singers become famous nowadays I feel they disappear quickly. 

From actors that had their 5 minutes of fame and disappeared quickly: Regé-Jean Page, Katherine Langford, Noah Centineo (maybe I'm wrong but I literally don't see people talking about em anymore, there's probably more examples) 

Thoughts? 

Time is not kind …. We are so addicted to immediate gratification 

I hope the best for everyone and after all I have learned I can only hope that others hold themselves in a higher priority than punching out material based on the needs of others.. art is art 

I agree that social media changed the game and fame looks different these days compared to pre SM. 
But I also think it’s always been this way to an extent. Fame is a fickle friend is an old turn of phrase. Lots of artists and actors burn bright and fast with few standing the test of time. I think it’s probably a bit harder to stand out and maintain long term fame these days though. 

• Like 1

Billie was on a sold out tour, it's not the angle,  looking at it wrong.

The industry is in trouble,  because of streaming platforms..

In the music,  new tracks get introduced every day, but most get unheard of cos the marketing and budget goes into established talent..

Even Babyface Said acts like Kehlani would have made it In the 90s, but it's odd she can sell out shows, but can't chart on billboard,  and he states it's the current generation backlash protest to the millennials culture of fandoms which he states is to blame for toxic Twitter becoming popular..

He said 20 to 30 years ago it was about a&r, and radio and press interviews. 

Now it's let's market an artist to establish a Fandom , that is where it went wrong,  and is hurting the industry,  plus he states are shows really that expensive or is the artist behind the 3000 dollar concert tickets, Kid rock does 20 dollar tickets and sells out even with non fans. 

20 dollars sure is more wallet friendly and the Normal price in the hey day of concerts. 

It's like this competition to out do one another by tours and Fandoms hurts music industry as for movies, he said that's dying when Netflix has more diverse content than theatrical releases..

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.