Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

7 minutes ago, glitch said:

OMG ITS ABOUT THIS IDIOT

AND NOT SELENA,

THIS THING IS UNDER LOU TAYLOR

AND SHE TRIES TO HAVE BRITNEYS PERSONALITY SOMEHOW

check her fallon interview from this week, can't stand her

Oh wow, that was hard to watch, can she calm down? She was a robot doing all the possible stereotypes. She shouldn't take herself so seriously, and she's always mentioning her family, I'm starting to find that weird somehow.

• Like 1

Everyone is dragging her unnecessary and immature Selena “drag” in the comments. She removed the caption - I hope she leaves Selena alone since she’s done nothing BUT support her and her fixation of Selena is scary.

Imagine if Madonna shaded and dragged Britney like this during the early 00’s. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Everyone is dragging her unnecessary and immature Selena “drag” in the comments. She removed the caption - I hope she leaves Selena alone since she’s done nothing BUT support her and her fixation of Selena is scary.

Imagine if Madonna shaded and dragged Britney like this during the early 00’s. 

she is well on her way to becoming female Kanye

All we are missing is an antisemitic rant and then...she's cancelled forever

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

she is well on her way to becoming female Kanye

All we are missing is an antisemitic rant and then...she's cancelled forever

Britney isn’t a racist so we don’t need to worry about that. She just picks some very random battles and it just..doesn’t make sense…

• Like 2

i love brit and have loved her for years, but this was too far imo.

that said, i get where she´s coming from. it´s incredibly hypocritical to (in so many words) tell someone not to post their naked body on instagram, and then go against everything they just preached.

but some of y´all need to realize: this woman wasn´t allowed to say much or do anything due to the c-ship. she´s finally able to say what she wants. even if you don´t agree with it, cool. but she´s being her true authentic herself, and speaking her mind. 

let britney be britney. 

19 minutes ago, easy said:

"she's literally harassing selena gomez" because that's what YOU'VE decided she's doing. you put 2 and 2 together and got 5 and are running with it to further the narrative that women should be pitted against each other. britney is pointing out hypocrisy in the world, with women, and empowering them to do whatever they like. as i said, while the message of "you don't have to show your body to be valued" is nice, it's also condescending. "whatever it is" exactly. none of us, you or i, know what sparked this message from britney. but it's much easier to try and figure out the "who" decide you absolutely know who it is (you don't) and create a narrative based off that, then it is to look in the mirror being held up with britney's message. take away who you think she's talking about and you take away your preconceived notions. then listen to what she's actually saying. 

Again, no point in trying to form a clear and concise rebuttal with you. First off, there were too many run-on sentences and grammatical errors which I didn’t quite understand. Second, I tried but the point is going across your head and that’s okay babes, you paint Britney as this sort of immortal goddess who can never do or say no wrong. People like Kanye also have those radical stans as well. The other day, I got into a small bicker over someone who was fighting arm and leg by defending Kanye. NOT saying that Kanye or Britney’s current situations are similar because it’s NOT but there will always be extreme fans within each fanbase and you are one of them for Britney. I’d suggest you try responding to me when your head is out of Britney’s *** and from when you are able to re-read what I had written without a pair of rose-colored lenses through a non-biased perspective. Anyway, I tried to get my point across with you but I got better things to do than go back and forth as if I’m taking to a brick wall. Have a good night. Xo

• Like 3

she needs to realize everyone is a person. If she wouldn't like Selena or some other celeb going after her appearance or actions, she should also cool it. If Selena actually did something horrible, sure, attack and chastise. But Selena is literally just hawking her make up and cooking show lol. She could go after Gwynneth Paltrow and Goop if she really wants to fight bad celebrities or something

• Love 2
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Greg Sargent said:

Before this, we assumed Britney was an above-it-all nice girl so...

We knew she was professional and nice but had a “drag” and “bad B” side of her. But she’s just choosing the most random people to drag…Selena is harmless and is was a BIG fan. Anyway whatever - I’m glad majority of fans agree that this isn’t right and is bullying. 

If she has a huge problem with Selena then just talk to her in private the clear up any misunderstandings. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Again, no point in trying to form a clear and concise rebuttal with you. First off, there were too many run-on sentences and grammatical errors which I didn’t quite understand. Second, I tried but the point is going across your head and that’s okay babes, you paint Britney as this sort of immortal goddess who can never do or say no wrong. People like Kanye also have those radical stans as well. The other day, I got into a small bicker over someone who was fighting arm and leg by defending Kanye. NOT saying that Kanye or Britney’s current situations are similar because it’s NOT but there will always be extreme fans within each fanbase and you are one of them for Britney. I’d suggest you try responding to me when your head is out of Britney’s *** and from when you are able to re-read what I had written without a pair of rose-colored lenses. Anyway, I tried but I got better things to do than go back and forth as if I’m taking to a brick wall. Xo

Would it help you if I typed like this? I'm sorry that you have no response to my valid points, so you want to nitpick irrelevant nuances instead. 

You don't know how I see or "paint" Britney. You try to paint me as a fan that sees no wrong in Britney, therefore my opinion, that doesn't agree with yours, is wrong. I very clearly told you to take away who YOU believe Britney is speaking about. Because guess what? At the end of this YOU do not know, with 100% certainty, that she was speaking about Selena. So, take that away, and you will have to take away your preconceived notions and feelings about Selena, Britney, and whatever feud they have that you've created in your mind. With that gone, all that is left is Britney's message. Which is stop being a hypocrite and empower women to post what they want. What's bad about that message?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.