BTS is overhyped

Please do NOT invalidate the preferences of their fans, which are not only girls, but also women and guys of DIFFERENT NATIONS AND AGES. Hype is being decided by people, and America isn't the only country in the world. My nephew is an ultimate fan and he's 8. He learned to dance at a very young age because of them. My mom is 60 and she doesn't sleep without watching a BTS performance.

Next, if you only listened to their English songs and have no idea about Asian art and literature, then you can probably appear less racist and ignorant if you won't make presumptions and assumptions. Their songs are deep, inspiring, rebelling, and innovative. The lyrics, when understood, makes you push yourself to break the status quo and be the better version of yourself without mentioning slur or using ***** and s** to sell. It's like a mine you have to dig to get the gold; but once you do, it's worth it. Because honestly, a huge portion of humanity still prefer cleaner way of being explicit, and if you can't be like these people, at least respect them by not criticizing their preference, as they don't criticize us with our Britney.

If BTS isn't cute for you, is it because of their East Asian features? Then which boyband is cute for you? I want to see if your contention is based on racism; cos you either hate Asians or hate boybands, both of which would explain why you don't get the hype.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Willson Saints said:

Please do NOT invalidate the preferences of their fans, which are not only girls, but also women and guys of DIFFERENT NATIONS AND AGES. Hype is being decided by people, and America isn't the only country in the world. My nephew is an ultimate fan and he's 8. He learned to dance at a very young age because of them. My mom is 60 and she doesn't sleep without watching a BTS performance.

Next, if you only listened to their English songs and have no idea about Asian art and literature, then you can probably appear less racist and ignorant if you won't make presumptions and assumptions. Their songs are deep, inspiring, rebelling, and innovative. The lyrics, when understood, makes you push yourself to break the status quo and be the better version of yourself with mentioning slur or using ***** and s** to sell. It's like a mine you have to dig to get the gold; butnonce you do, it's worth it. Because honestly, a huge portion of humanity still prefer cleaner way of being explicit, and if you can't be like these people, at least respect them by not criticizing their preference, as they don't criticize us with our Britney).

If BTS isn't cute for you, is it because of their East Asian features? Then which boyband is cute for you? I want to see if your contention is based on racism; cos you either hate Asians or hate boybands, both of which would explain why you don't get the hype.

Half this forum hates Gaga, is it because they don’t like European Americans? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Like 1

They are absolutely unbearable. Sure they can dance, but they can’t sing to save their lives. Truly unbearable to hear their annoying music with just god awful lyrics. Really can’t stand them. Nothing to do with their looks, and I’m sure at least some of them are nice good people, but based on talent alone, they got to go.

2 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

Half this forum hates Gaga, is it because they don’t like European Americans? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Please. Not with the white fragility. Gaga was never minimized into 'cuteness or non-cuteness' here as a reason to be liked or disliked. And out of all that I said, you hit the racism part? I will pretend that I didn't read this because Britney Armies are better than that. I'd like to know the answer of the person who insensitively posted it; it will reveal my point.

23 hours ago, Muzac87 said:

They are absolutely unbearable. Sure they can dance, but they can’t sing to save their lives. Truly unbearable to hear their annoying music with just god awful lyrics. Really can’t stand them. Nothing to do with their looks, and I’m sure at least some of them are nice good people, but based on talent alone, they got to go.

Yeah,

to choreograph a lot of their own dances,

to write most of their own songs,

to edit/produce a lot of their own music,

to win artist 'sports' competitions and competition that tests intellectual abilities,

*to graduate from college and take "Master's degree" despite all the success,

to train other groups and produce music for them,

to actively destroy traditional stereotypes and boxes that the global culture has made thus welcoming the wallflowers, like many of us, and giving them spotlight from where they are,

To be the only Eastern celebrities to enter the western market with real success despite the fact that we've always welcomed the Westerners with open arms, 

to releasing eye opening songs about oppression, empowerment, and friendship (without fear despite the government of South Korea's effort to shut them up),

to personally "respond" to fans while doing live using social media platforms unlike many hard-to-reach artists nowadays...

Sure, they aren't better than your favorite artists and they got no talent. 😂 just because you dislike them, it doesn't mean they are who you think they are. I don't know about your standards, but it's nice to look up to artist who would encourage, inspire, improve, and motivate you from simply being happy to growing talent and maximizing your being as a human person.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block