The VMAs were so much better than the Grammys

When I was watching the Grammys I got bored after only watching 30 minutes I felt like I was watching someone say who the winner is and the winner gives a speech with some performances (some good some boring)

But the VMAs were really exciting the place was really cool the artists there were more well known

The beggining with Jack Harlow in the airplane, Johny Depp was the moon guy, Nicki Minaj slayed, Avril Lavigne was there

The whole show felt energtic

• Haha 1

Probably an enjoyable show for Nicki fans but I thought the VMAs this year felt really dragged out. Especially for what was supposed to end at 11pm EST, it went on for much longer. It felt like there was more performances than awards being given out when there should be a balance between the two. I switched off with an hour and 15 left to go and just checked social media for news. I also wanted to listen to Britney's audio recording too and that was 22 minutes. 

I was disappointed with Eminem and Snoop Dogg's performance which was basically just a glorified NFT. But I did enjoy BLACKPINK's performance, Lizzo's was okay (although I missed the last minute because my stream died).

Considering they were held in the midst of the pandemic and the presentation was 'virtual' the 2020 VMAs were so much better and were a decent amount of time (think 2 hours) and it didn't feel dragged or rushed.

The Grammys this year were better, they're longer than the VMAs but it's one of the biggest award shows so it's understandable. Did MTV really think the VMAs were worth three and a half hours this year?

I’ve always liked them both.

The Grammys felt important and grand and the VMA’s had the iconic moments people talked about years later.

Both have deteriorated so much. The Grammys have not been as meaningful and have fallen. The VMA’s aren’t significant anymore or essential viewing. Most of the VMA performers this year were not huge names and not a single one of the performances were memorable or iconic. The general public just do not care anymore. It also seems as though the artists do not choose to put in much time anymore to perfect performances. It all seems so sloppy now when you compare to the standards of the early 2000’s.

It’s all very sad….

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I thought it was kinda cool. Just something extra to add to the show to make it somewhat more memorable and give people something to talk about. It’s just about the only thing from the show people remember and it made headlines. They needs things like this. 

I understand the marketing element of it, but I wish the VMAs could find a way to stay relevant without hiring toxic men as their mascot. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Awards shows have kinda gotten boring since like 2005 in my opinion, I mean there are some great moments but they all just kinda seemed wild and out of control. In my personal opinion, I think mostly the VMA's have gotten boring because Britney isn't there. And some other artist but mostly brit brit. She was/is the STAR of MTV VMA's. But I will say, this year I was shocked, it was actually decent (I don't think last year was that great). I will say my favorite performance was probably Jack Harlow's first class only because he got the Queen Fergie up there. (I really don't like him that much so I was happy when ferg came on) 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block