Britney Spears almost made an appearance on the long-running ´´Home and Away´´.

one former cast member has revealed that pop superstar Britney Spears almost made an appearance on the long-running soap opera but “pulled out of it last minute”

Speaking on Hobart’s Hit 100.9 with Dan & Christie, Christie Hayes claimed that the Toxic hitmaker was “a fan of Home and Away” when she was in the UK.

“It was never on in America, but they said that she was a fan of watching Home And Away when she was in England, and she expressed interest to be on the show,” she said.

The actress, who played Kirsty Sutherland in the series between 2000 and 2009, went on to say that the show’s producer held a meeting with the cast to hear their thoughts on Britney making a cameo.

“Everyone said ‘yes’,” she recalled. “There was one person who was like, ‘Oh, probably not a great idea’ and that was Ray [Meagher], because he knew it would ruin the illusion of the show.”

‘I still remember the scene’

Christie said that the writers ended up including Britney in a small scene in the diner, and her character’s name was simply ‘Beautiful girl’.

“I still remember the scene,” she said. “She was sitting down in the diner having a burger and the characters Nick and Seb, who were my friends on the show, we were all meant to just walk past her.

“And they were going to check her out and be like, ‘Hey, what are you doing in Summer Bay?’ and then she was like, ‘Yeah it’s just a pretty town, I’m just dashing through’ and then that was going to be it.

“I was going to be in the scene with her, it was scripted, but then she pulled out of it last minute because sadly 9/11 happened.”

She added that although everyone was “so bummed” by the turn of events, it would have made “no sense” for her to appear on the show.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block