What Should JayTawndré Do for His 30th?

As you all now know I'm turning 30 😭!!!

I am in Orange County area, Anaheim, to be specific. I'm new to this area. I don't know any of the "happening" hot-spots, yet. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I know @SlayOut and @MikeHunt and @CrazyButItFeelsAllrightare in this area.

Where do the Gayz and their homegirls go out here? 

in Las Vegas the gay nightlife is iconic 😍😍😍... 

I am doing my birthday planning last minute since nobody was thoughtful enough to plan something for me 🙄🙄🙄!!!!

• Love 2

Well there’s not many gay places in OC, but here’s my recommendations:

1) Tin Lizzie: this place is fun but more like a dive bar. It’s always a chill mix crowd in the sense of race, orientation, and gender. After lockdown, they opened up the back patio area, so it’s nice to have more room. I think they have a DJ on certain nights, but when they don’t I like that they have a jukebox and I can pick whatever songs I’m feeling (downside the old gays like to play sad Bette milder music for an hour straight until people scream for the bartender to skip the song lol). Free admission.

2) Strut: I did bottle service this year for my bday there. This place is more of a club and probably the closest we have to a L.A. gay nightclub. It’s more spacious and trendy looking than Tin Lizzie. DJ plays good music all night. The dance floor gets pretty tight, so having my table was a plus. Friendly service, hot gogo dancers and some staff. The crowd there was younger and more of the “traditional” L.A. muscle dudes. They had this cool mirror/disco balls room for a photo opt. I believe it’s free before 9pm.

3) Donkey D’s: Never been there but I’ve heard that it’s similar to Tin Lizzie but trendier. It’s owned by the same dude who owns Strut. He’s trying to make that area, the new WeHo. Not sure about admission $$

4) Frat House: 

spacer.png

I had a friend who loved going there. The place is old and rundown looking. The drinks were cheap but they tasted so. The music is so inconsistent. One minute they’re playing Britney, than some traditional sad Spanish song, then hip hop and techno. I don’t mind a mix of genres but only when they blend well so it doesn’t ruin my dance groove. I will say they had the hottest gogo dancers out of any place I’ve been to in OC. The crowd is mainly latin, trans, drag queens, and it’s a sense of men that are really on the hunt to get laid, which creeped me out; men literally staring at you like a piece of meat. They always charge admission but idk prices. 

4) Bravo: I went there once years ago on Latin night. It looks older but not as run down as Frat House. The drinks were cheap. I almost want to say they had two dance floors. I had no big complaints about the place, it was just very chill, like going to a dive bar vibes. This place is in Anaheim. So depending on what day you go, you might want to see what theme that night is. 

There’s a few more gay places in OC but they’re further away and idk how far y’all wanna drive cuz literally if you’re gonna make the drive to the other places, you might as well just go to WeHo. 

So overall, if you want a more dressed up, feeling yourself moment- Strut is the place to go IMO. If you want a fun, low key night where you can actually hear your friends while talking- Tin Lizzie. Donkey D’s and Bravo are a gamble for me. I don’t recommend Frat House for your bday. Maybe check it out on a random week. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

1) Tin Lizzie: this place is fun but more like a dive bar. It’s always a chill mix crowd in the sense of race, orientation, and gender. After lockdown, they opened up the back patio area, so it’s nice to have more room. I think they have a DJ on certain nights, but when they don’t I like that they have a jukebox and I can pick whatever songs I’m feeling (downside the old gays like to play sad Bette milder music for an hour straight until people scream for the bartender to skip the song lol). Free admission.

2) Strut: I did bottle service this year for my bday there. This place is more of a club and probably the closest we have to a L.A. gay nightclub. It’s more spacious and trendy looking than Tin Lizzie. DJ plays good music all night. The dance floor gets pretty tight, so having my table was a plus. Friendly service, hot gogo dancers and some staff. The crowd there was younger and more of the “traditional” L.A. muscle dudes. They had this cool mirror/disco balls room for a photo opt. I believe it’s free before 9pm.

3) Donkey D’s: Never been there but I’ve heard that it’s similar to Tin Lizzie but trendier. It’s owned by the same dude who owns Strut. He’s trying to make that area, the new WeHo. Not sure about admission $$

4) Frat House: 

spacer.png

I had a friend who loved going there. The place is old and rundown looking. The drinks were cheap but they tasted so. The music is so inconsistent. One minute they’re playing Britney, than some traditional sad Spanish song, then hip hop and techno. I don’t mind a mix of genres but only when they blend well so it doesn’t ruin my dance groove. I will say they had the hottest gogo dancers out of any place I’ve been to in OC. The crowd is mainly latin, trans, drag queens, and it’s a sense of men that are really on the hunt to get laid, which creeped me out; men literally staring at you like a piece of meat. They always charge admission but idk prices. 

4) Bravo: I went there once years ago on Latin night. It looks older but not as run down as Frat House. The drinks were cheap. I almost want to say they had two dance floors. I had no big complaints about the place, it was just very chill, like going to a dive bar vibes. This place is in Anaheim. So depending on what day you go, you might want to see what theme that night is. 

There’s a few more gay places in OC but they’re further away and idk how far y’all wanna drive cuz literally if you’re gonna make the drive to the other places, you might as well just go to WeHo. 

So overall, if you want a more dressed up, feeling yourself moment- Strut is the place to go IMO. If you want a fun, low key night where you can actually hear your friends while talking- Tin Lizzie. Donkey D’s and Bravo are a gamble for me. I don’t recommend Frat House for your bday. Maybe check it out on a random week. 

Thanks so much for this review! Stru definitely sounds like the best choice. Frat House also sounds slutty and fun. I do want some D 😂😂😂!!!

What about a good place for dinner? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

Thanks so much for this review! Stru definitely sounds like the best choice. Frat House also sounds slutty and fun. I do want some D 😂😂😂!!!

What about a good place for dinner? 

That’s where another h03 needs to come in. I don’t really do dinners with friends. I know downtown Santa Ana has some cool restaurants. In Costa Mesa there’s two lil plazas that within have restaurants called The CAMP and The Lab. I’ve eaten at this Cuban place in The Lab. Food was good! I’ve only gone to the Camp for wine tasting. And those places aren’t too far from Strut. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

That’s where another h03 needs to come in. I don’t really do dinners with friends. I know downtown Santa Ana has some cool restaurants. In Costa Mesa there’s two lil plazas that within have restaurants called The CAMP and The Lab. I’ve eaten at this Cuban place in The Lab. Food was good! I’ve only gone to the Camp for wine tasting. And those places aren’t too far from Strut. 

I am excited to try! Exhale is invited 💅

40 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

4) Frat House: 

spacer.png

Just wanna say how awesome for someone to take time to explain this much. Wow. U have lucky friends :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block