Is Britney the modern day Marilyn Monroe?

• Super Mods

Oh yes definitely.

I heard that they are actually somewhat related.

It makes sense though considering they even looked alike especially when Britney was younger.

They both had similar lives:

• They were both natural brunettes who changed their hair to blonde for fame
  • They both got nose jobs
  • They both were the biggest sx symbols of their era
  • They were both treated like dumb blondes even though they were very smart
  • They both had a fun and sxy persona.
  • They both were unlucky in love

I also think that Britney was doing a homage to Marilyn in the Lucky video.

She looked just like her.

They are basically the same except the only difference was that Marilyn died

while Britney is still alive.

Although honestly its like Britney's dead because of how Team Con treated her

and all the abuse and trauma she had to endure.

15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yes definitely.

I heard that they are actually somewhat related.

It makes sense though considering they even looked alike especially when Britney was younger.

They both had similar lives:

• They were both natural brunettes who changed their hair to blonde for fame
  • They both got nose jobs
  • They both were the biggest sx symbols of their era
  • They were both treated like dumb blondes even though they were very smart
  • They both had a fun and sxy persona.
  • They both were unlucky in love

I also think that Britney was doing a homage to Marilyn in the Lucky video.

She looked just like her.

They are basically the same except the only difference was that Marilyn died

while Britney is still alive.

Although honestly its like Britney's dead because of how Team Con treated her

and all the abuse and trauma she had to endure.

This is tbh true 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I agree with some of it but dying your hair blonde and getting a nose job was like a Hollywood requirement and goes for so many starlets. Marilyn was actually truly a intellectual, Britney love her but I’m always amazed with her lack of common knowledge. It’s true they were both the biggest s** symbols of their time and I would add they were both very insecure despite outward appearance. Before all the surgery they did have similar faces. 

Hm true and lol at what u said about Britney.

Yeah I feel like if the #FreeBritney movement didnt happen,

Britney would've suffered a similar fate like Marilyn.

In a way, we saved her life.

Just imagine if back in the 50s/60s, that there was movements like #FreeBritney,

Marilyn Monroe probably would've still been alive.

But then again dont take my word for it, Idk since obviously I wasnt alive back then.

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

Marilyn wasn’t in a c-ship- her situation was not like Britney’s at all she was addicted to prescription pills and she was hooking up with JFK she had her free will to live her life how she wanted…now if you get involved with the President of the United States who is married then you are playing a risky game. Her whole life is truly different from Britney’s. The two situations are not comparable. If anything Judy Garland’s story is more what Britney went through.

What kinda movement would be for Marilyn? She was always a free woman. She chose her decisions to self medicate, I believe at one point choice turned into addiction, and she chose to sleep with JFK the married President of The United States of course she didn’t choose to die (or she might have depending what you believe) if you believe the Kennedy’s killed her or in other case she took too much medication. Personally I think it was the Kennedys. 

True.

Idk I guess I just thought they were similar cause of how fame destroyed them.

You do bring up a good point that Marilyn basically in too deep by the time she started sleeping with JFK.

The one thing I will say though is at Britney got her dream to have kids,

Marilyn never did.

I bet if she did, she would've been happier and maybe lived longer

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

I didn’t even think of it until I read a comment here

Judy Garland died officially in 1969, at 47 years of age. It might be argued that some part of her died earlier: at 2 years old, say, when the mother she called “wicked witch” first put her on the stage, or at 13, when she was put on diet pills by MGM. At 17, half-loaded on a cocktail of amphetamines and barbiturates, playing Dorothy in Oz as if she were a wide-eyed child and not halfway to womanhood. At 18, engaged for the second time and living on black coffee, chicken soup, and 80 cigarettes a day. At 19, coerced into having a backstreet ******** by the studio and the “wicked witch.” At 25, tossed in a sanatorium after a total nervous breakdown. When she came back, only a year later and with a newfound drinking problem, she was there and not-there, a star and a genius, and also a suicide risk who routinely received electroshock therapy. 

“Judy Garland,” the actor’s sometime-agent wrote in a salacious tell-all, “[was] a demented, demanding, supremely talented ****-addict”.

I thought about Judy Garland last month after finding out that Britney Spears had once again been institutionalised for what was described on Instagram as "me time", and what TMZ described as treatment for “a mental health crisis”. Debate has since raged as to whether Britney -- who has been subject to a conservatorship at the hands of her father, Jamie Spears, for just over a decade -- jumped into rehabilitation, or was pushed. Debate has raged, too, as to whether she is being forced to stay on medication, and as to whether or not she still belongs on stage.

Précis of what is being referred to as the “Free Britney” movement tend to focus on her father’s litigiousness, her various public references to wanting to be free and her uncharacteristic use of punctuation and emojis. They do not paint a pretty picture, and they do not make a sympathetic case for the decision to expose your pre-teen daughter to the vagaries of fame. All of this is not to say that Britney Spears and Judy Garland are exactly analogous in their talent, or in their particular ill-treatment by the media, their handlers, or their parents. It is only to say that both women -- sick but totally iconic, medicated and manipulated -- are to some degree casualties of a similar disease. 

More than in music or performance, it has always seemed to me that where Spears excels is in her ability to exist simultaneously in two states: as a sweet virgin and the most desired s**-object in American music; as a down-home Southern girl and the most famous woman in the world; as a mother and an exploited former child star; as a billionaire mogul and a woman legally considered too unwell to spend her own money responsibly. As with Garland, some essential part of her often appears to be dead while the rest of her performs in Vegas, or shows up on a red carpet with a smile that does not reach her eyes.

you can read the rest here there are some pretty strong parallels I’d say 

https://i-d.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/a3x4pp/what-do-britney-spears-and-judy-garland-have-in-common

also here’s a blurb from another article

Jessica Ford, a University of Newcastle lecturer in film, media and cultural studies, says the toxic trend reaches much further back to 1920s and 1930s Hollywood. “Probably the most famous example is Judy Garland, who was given ***** at a very young age as a teenager to allow her to continue to perform at quite a high standard and quite a rigorous schedule ... and [who was] essentially thrown out towards the end of her career, once she was no longer manageable and no longer profitable,” says Ford.

She notes that Garland’s fame was linked to her being an ingenue, in movies like The Wizard of Oz. Garland, like many stars at the time, was reportedly compelled to have an ******** by the Hollywood studio to which she was contracted because it went against its desired image of her. She was addicted to *****, penniless and virtually homeless before dying at 47.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/lifestyle/gender/britney-young-women-and-the-damaged-goods-narrative-20210303-p577eh.html

Damn thats really horrible!
I wouldnt be suprised if Britney's team drugged for she can work.

But then again its obvious in the Femme Fatale era that something was up.

And wow Judy Garland got shock therapy!

I know someone who did that for depression.

Its called ECT now.

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

Electric Shock Therapy was an awful thing back then, it was used as a threat and punishment to control mental health patients back in the day. Like in “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.  I’ve heard it’s useful when voluntarily used these days, I don’t know much about it’s current use.

Yeah its still a pretty awful thing cause it messes up your memory permanently.

Its really intense tbh

• Like 1
14 hours ago, lucho pedres said:

Marylin was a tr**ny, so no. Stop comparing Britney to other people :gunriah_mariah_carey:

You feel better after behaving so?! Are you 10 grown in a **** family?! Get the if you see Kay out of here, then! Come back educated! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Shame on you, learn to live and respect every person! :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.