Throwback: Fake outtake "Turn It Up" + Original version found

The time where some people was losing their mind about a Britney Spears track about falling in love with a girl

[Long Thread]

Around 2010 and 2011, a supposed track sung by princess of Pop Britney Spears titled "Turn It Up" appeared on the internet. The track talks about a person falling in love with another girl in a party, where they tries to talk and meet more of her by asking the DJ to turn the volume up of their favorite song.

The track was a supposed outtake from Britney's 2011 album "Femme Fatale" (while others sources citing the album as the 2008 release "Circus"). Following its apparition, various sources actually believed it was Britney singing the song, while others thought it was another person, usually pointing to singer and former backing vocalist Myah Marie. Actually she's not and was not involved in any way on the track.

Since the time the track popped up, i don't think nobody even knew what was the person behind it, i was only able to find that someone here did the track by pitching the audio but i was not able to find any thread or something about it. (it's probably buried somewhere if that actually exist). Then i found that the name of the real artist was "Richard", which doesn't really help with a lot of people called Richard in the world.

Recently, i decided to hear the track because despite sounding like a unmastered mess i thought it was somehow good. And i went to check the comments in the video up and found an account called "richluv0715" claiming to be the one who sent the song to Britney's team and that Britney wanted it in its original state (aka the original lyrics about a girl). Of course this is not true and this track was never sent to her and probably to any singer.

spacer.png

Searching in their channel i found that is name is Richard Valley (also known as Richie Valley), and that they had a SoundCloud account linked there. So i went there in hope to find the original version of the song, and eventually, there it was.

First of all, the "Britney" version (released on December 2, 2011) is actually a re-recording of the original song (released on March 11), since both songs have differences on how the words are pronounced and some minor lyrics can be noticed. Also it seems that this Richard guy was the one who created (and probably sung following a theory about the vocalist being a male voice pitched up to sound Britney) the Britney version since the song can be also found on their SoundCloud account:

At the end, Richard should have been choosen instead of Myah on Britney Jean, jk "Turn It Up" ends in the void of fake songs and fake demos involving the name of Britney Spears, but this unmastered mess sounds way better that certain chill track you need to agree.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

The time where some people was losing their mind about a Britney Spears track about falling in love with a girl

[Long Thread]

Around 2010 and 2011, a supposed track sung by princess of Pop Britney Spears titled "Turn It Up" appeared on the internet. The track talks about a person falling in love with another girl in a party, where they tries to talk and meet more of her by asking the DJ to turn the volume up of their favorite song.

The track was a supposed outtake from Britney's 2011 album "Femme Fatale" (while others sources citing the album as the 2008 release "Circus"). Following its apparition, various sources actually believed it was Britney singing the song, while others thought it was another person, usually pointing to singer and former backing vocalist Myah Marie. Actually she's not and was not involved in any way on the track.

Since the time the track popped up, i don't think nobody even knew what was the person behind it, i was only able to find that someone here did the track by pitching the audio but i was not able to find any thread or something about it. (it's probably buried somewhere if that actually exist). Then i found that the name of the real artist was "Richard", which doesn't really help with a lot of people called Richard in the world.

Recently, i decided to hear the track because despite sounding like a unmastered mess i thought it was somehow good. And i went to check the comments in the video up and found an account called "richluv0715" claiming to be the one who sent the song to Britney's team and that Britney wanted it in its original state (aka the original lyrics about a girl). Of course this is not true and this track was never sent to her and probably to any singer.

spacer.png

Searching in their channel i found that is name is Richard Valley (also known as Richie Valley), and that they had a SoundCloud account linked there. So i went there in hope to find the original version of the song, and eventually, there it was.

First of all, the "Britney" version (released on December 2, 2011) is actually a re-recording of the original song (released on March 11), since both songs have differences on how the words are pronounced and some minor lyrics can be noticed. Also it seems that this Richard guy was the one who created (and probably sung following a theory about the vocalist being a male voice pitched up to sound Britney) the Britney version since the song can be also found on their SoundCloud account:

At the end, Richard should have been choosen instead of Myah on Britney Jean, jk "Turn It Up" ends in the void of fake songs and fake demos involving the name of Britney Spears, but this unmastered mess sounds way better that certain chill track you need to agree.

It's great that you take some time to research this, thanks for collecting this information,after years we know who is the guy/person behind this fake Britney demo, good work.. keep it up!

• 1 year later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.