Jump to content

Does Anyone Else Watch BL Dramas?


Recommended Posts

I'm not too hopeful since I've only seen like one user on Exhale with a BL-related avatar, but I thought it'd be worth making a thread since it's that time of year when I binge-watch BL dramas one after the other. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: What dramas have you watched? What dramas are you looking forward to? :typing_keyboard_computer: Here's a list of dramas I've watched (I probably forgot some, but whatever):

  • 2gether
  • Still 2gether
  • Lovely Writer
  • Love By Chance
  • Love By Chance 2 : A Chance to Love
  • HIStory2 : Crossing the Line
  • HIStory2 : Right or Wrong
  • A Tale of Thousand Stars
  • Until We Meet Again
  • Water Boyy
  • Theory of Love
  • Fish Upon the Sky
  • Golden Blood

 

My favorite is probably A Tale of Thousand Stars. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Golden Blood, Until We Meet Again, and 2gether were really good too. And Lovely Writer stood out because of its self-awareness and lack of toxic and unhealthy relationship dynamics. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: Currently, I'm watching Bad Buddy, and it's already up there as one of my favorites. I'm glad I started watching it now instead of waiting for it to finish airing (so far, 8 episodes have aired). If I binge-watch a drama in like 2 days, I get too invested and feel dead inside once I'm done. Sh-t ain't healthy. :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

I've only watched a few of them. 2gether was the first one I discovered and I fell in love with main characters but I found the plot a little stupid, tbh. Then I watched Together With Me and liked it a lot better, but still preferred Tine and Sarawat as a main couple. The most recent BL I've watched is TharnType, it's nice but I found it a bit problematic. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, HauntedCircus said:

I've only watched a few of them. 2gether was the first one I discovered and I fell in love with main characters but I found the plot a little stupid, tbh. Then I watched Together With Me and liked it a lot better, but still preferred Tine and Sarawat as a main couple. The most recent BL I've watched is TharnType, it's nice but I found it a bit problematic. 

2gether was adorable, but yeah, BL plots are often kinda weird, and 2gether was no exception. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: As for TharnType, I totally agree that it's borderline problematic. In the first 2-3 episodes, there were quite a few moments that made me genuinely uncomfortable. The whole point is to dispel the myth that gay men are predators and lust after straight men, but then Tharn literally assaults Type in his sleep in the very first episode. What the actual f-ck? :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands: And don't even get me started on all the domestic abuse that is shown so casually. Type physically assaults his own boyfriend multiple times over the course of the first season, and every time it's treated like nothing serious. There's nothing wrong with having flawed characters. In fact, that's what makes shows realistic and interesting, but don't romanticize it and treat touchy subjects with the level of nuance and seriousness that they deserve. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

2gether was adorable, but yeah, BL plots are often kinda weird, and 2gether was no exception. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: As for TharnType, I totally agree that it's borderline problematic. In the first 2-3 episodes, there were quite a few moments that made me genuinely uncomfortable. The whole point is to dispel the myth that gay men are predators and lust after straight men, but then Tharn literally assaults Type in his sleep in the very first episode. What the actual f-ck? :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands: And don't even get me started on all the domestic abuse that is shown so casually. Type physically assaults his own boyfriend multiple times over the course of the first season, and every time it's treated like nothing serious. There's nothing wrong with having flawed characters. In fact, that's what makes shows realistic and interesting, but don't romanticize it and treat touchy subjects with the level of nuance and seriousness that they deserve. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

Definitely. I hate the fact that Type was never held accountable for the way he treated his boyfriend. He didn't even apologized for everything he did. And yes, those scenes where Tharn assaults him are so cringe. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I'd watch it again, tho. Just because I liked it despite all those things. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Tine and Sarawat remain superior in terms of cute couples, with Knock and Korn coming right after. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, HauntedCircus said:

Definitely. I hate the fact that Type was never held accountable for the way he treated his boyfriend. He didn't even apologized for everything he did. And yes, those scenes where Tharn assaults him are so cringe. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I'd watch it again, tho. Just because I liked it despite all those things. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Tine and Sarawat remain superior in terms of cute couples, with Knock and Korn coming right after. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

I think TharnType is only so popular because it's rather spicy compared to your typical BL, and they have good chemistry. :typing_keyboard_computer: I checked Google and apparently Knock and Korn are from a BL called Together with Me. I've never seen it. Might have to add it to my list. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I think TharnType is only so popular because it's rather spicy compared to your typical BL, and they have good chemistry. :typing_keyboard_computer: I checked Google and apparently Knock and Korn are from a BL called Together with Me. I've never seen it. Might have to add it to my list. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

OMG yesss. Please check it out. It's so good :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Together with Me is my favorite BL to this day. I haven't watched many, but if I had to recommend one, it'd be that one. Please let me know when you watch it, I'd like to receive some feedback and we could discuss it. 

I'm going to select one from your list to give it a chance as well. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, HauntedCircus said:

OMG yesss. Please check it out. It's so good :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Together with Me is my favorite BL to this day. I haven't watched many, but if I had to recommend one, it'd be that one. Please let me know when you watch it, I'd like to receive some feedback and we could discuss it. 

I'm going to select one from your list to give it a chance as well. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

Lovely Writer is very cute and non-problematic, but one of the characters is very tsundere, so if you're not into that, don't watch it. :typing_keyboard_computer:Until We Meet Again and A Tale of 1000 Stars have really unique plots compared to other BLs (they revolved around reincarnation and soulmates), so if you're looking for a breath of fresh air, watch one of those. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...