EXHALE TOP 20 - Week 0: suggest your songs for the first voting

9 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I think you should keep this open to more than 2. Probably a maximum of 5?

I don't know, I think that would be too much, I mean, 5 songs would be 1/4 of the entire top. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

If any I think that gives more room for more songs of that album to shine throughout the year. For example an artist releases an album, their fans should focus on just one or two songs at the time, then when those get retired, they start voting for other two, etc. That also gives time to see if one of those songs gets released as a single later in the year. 

Otherwise, they would all be competing against each other, and they all would be retired at the same time. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, I think that would be too much, I mean, 5 songs would be 1/4 of the entire top. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

If any I think that gives more room for more songs of that album to shine throughout the year. For example an artist releases an album, their fans should focus on just one or two songs at the time, then when those get retired, they start voting for other two, etc. That also gives time to see if one of those songs gets released as a single later in the year. 

Otherwise, they would all be competing against each other, and they all would be retired at the same time. 

If you put it that way, that makes sense.

• Like 1

Also I forgot to add, we need to find a way to break the ties, it could be either for youtube views, or spotify plays, or a combination of both.

Once the voting progresses, the position from last week will give them extra points, so that can kinda help, though there could still be ties, but during this first week we don't have that, so I need a way to sort them in case all the songs get the same  votes lol

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Also I forgot to add, we need to find a way to break the ties, it could be either for youtube views, or spotify plays, or a combination of both.

Once the voting progresses, the position from last week will give them extra points, so that can kinda help, though there could still be ties, but during this first week we don't have that, so I need a way to sort them in case all the songs get the same  votes lol

We do a poll. This is Exhale Top 20 after all not global top 20. There are already charts for that :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

We do a poll. This is Exhale Top 20 after all not global top 20. There are already charts for that :orangu_orangutan_ape:

but the poll is gonna be multiple choices, so a lot of songs may end up with the same amount of points. And it has to be exactly 20, because that's the limit of options per question that Exhale's polls allow. So I need an objective way to break the ties if there's any, so there's only 20 songs each week and not more. And not just that, but each song needs to have a unique position, because the amount of points they receive next week will depend on that:

Starting on Week 2, the previous week Top 20 will get an advantage:

• #1 song gets 19 points, #2 gets 18, and so on. Only the #20 won't receive any points. 

There'll be at least two polls: the first question will have the last week's Top 20, then a second question will get the ones that didn't make the list, but are still trying, plus any new songs released that week. For the aspiring songs there could be more than 20, we'll just keep adding questions. Each question can have only 20 options.

It's gonna be the poll where you can pick as many as you want, then on the comments you can give an extra point to one song, and subtract one point to a song you don't like, though the comment points are not obligatory. 

It sounds complicated but I think it'll make more sense once we get to that point. Depending on how things develop, how many people participate, etc, we may start tweaking the rules or adding extra mechanics to keep things interesting and fresh.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.