the onyx hotel tour aesthetic

mannequinn

most of britney’s tours have had themes and aesthetics behind them which i found really cool like how dwad was essentially dreams/nightmares/wet dreams that had a ton of surrealism and circus was yk a classic circus :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:but has britney ever spoken about the ideas behind the aesthetic of the onyx hotel tour? i know it’s a hotel obviously but there’s just something about the costumes/set pieces/interludes etc that has this cool mysterious vibe that always made this tour stand out compared to the others imo

the closest thing i can think of that resembles it is the 1997 batman movie :orangu_orangutan_ape:maxresdefault.jpgMV5BODUzYmUwMmQtNzFhOS00ZjRkLWFkN2YtZDM3

not sure why tho i guess it’s cuz of the black suits , poison ivy and environments :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

There was a rumor that Britney was in early talks to play cat woman before Halle Berry got the role. Think it goes with the toxic video and pre femme fatale vibes

i feel like that would’ve been iconic but also a rly big mess:orangu_orangutan_ape:

but yea it definitely gives off spy/gotham city vibes

13 minutes ago, dojaknee said:

i feel like that would’ve been iconic but also a rly big mess:orangu_orangutan_ape:

but yea it definitely gives off spy/gotham city vibes

Would of been Amazing! Britney is athletic and a great actress. 
 Halle costume looks like its a Britney outfit. Bell bottoms and a bra with straps. And they both were on SNL together around that time too.

8 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

Would of been Amazing! Britney is athletic and a great actress
 Halle costume looks like its a Britney outfit. Bell bottoms and a bra with straps. And they both were on SNL together around that time too.

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

better than josiane lindtt for sure :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Well I know the photoshoot she did for the tour's advert/commercial, Britney channelled Marilyn Monroe and her outfit/look gave me 1950s Hollywood vibes, so I think that was meant to be a reference to the cabaret section of the tour.

And then there's that other photoshoot from 2004, one image was used for the tour's official poster and another for the Everytime CD single cover, where Britney is pictured in some sort of enchanted/mystical forest, I think was meant to reference the mystical garden (I think that's what it was called?) section of the tour. 

So I think the 'aesthetic' for the tour was a mixture of things. It obviously played up to the whole idea of the show taking place in a hotel though, with different rooms/sections of the hotel catering to different themes. Britney also combined the Onyx stone which I think added to the 'mystical' elements of the whole concept. 

The main concept was the experience of being in many hotels, and Tokio “aesthetic”, I remember some interview where she said that the buildings and LCD screens in the center of Tokio inspired her to make the theme, and she wanted that people in the show (especially the ones in the back) can see the stage like a big city with screens and lights. And the costumes was inspired in the different sections of the show. 

37 minutes ago, blackoutinthezone said:

I went to the Onyx tour and the set was gorgeous. The guy who introduced the tour ("Welcome to the Onyx Hotel, hahahaha") and came back intermittently scared me back then, lol.

UR SO LUCKY OMG!! i i would literally do anything to travel back in time and get to see it in person

i liked the guy tbh his outfit was pretty cool everything about that tour was perfect  

2 hours ago, dojaknee said:

UR SO LUCKY OMG!! i i would literally do anything to travel back in time and get to see it in person

i liked the guy tbh his outfit was pretty cool everything about that tour was perfect  

It was this one: https://xray.britspears.net/thumbnails.php?album=1351

I got to see dark haired Britney in person :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:  I'll never forget the feeling I experienced when that screen rose up and she was standing on the metal platform dressed in a cape  :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised: 

Archived