The I love New York reunion special happens tonight

Spicechinodiva

In the mid to late 00s VH1 was a pioneer in the celebrity reality tv. 

All of them was actually spoofs of Iconic tv shows.

The Surreal life spoofed the real world (which that was a pioneer of the reality TV shows in it's era as it introduced people to all walks of life).

Flavor of love was the spin off of the Surreal life and The Flav and Bridgette show which spoofed Newlyweds, so flavor of love spoofed the Bachelor.

A lot of these was basically created for Comedy and making fun of people's obsession.

Tiffany pollard was one of the few that became a huge star at This time..

Rock of love and others followed..

Charm school spoofed Bad girls club.

I love money spoofed both the challenge and Survivor..

Unfortunately vh1's Celebreality came to crashing halt when it was revealed a contestant did a ****** suicide and it was pretty Controversial.

It ended up causing the second season of Megan wants to be a millionaire to actually stop airing, rumors was the guy won that show as well as the abruptly cancelled third season of I love money, it basically also revealed that Vh1 failed to get Access to his criminal records and such. 

Thus basically cancelling the beloved Era of Vh1 at the time. 

The fact is an I love New York Reunion special on it's original home 13 years after the second and Final season aired on VH1, some people and media speculate that VH1 is finally acknowledging an era that was pretty successful but never given it's rightful ending, due to the cancellation and abruptly fast ending due to a backlash that nobody could justifiably get out of. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived