Is it wrong to not want to be someone's friend anymore after a bad travel experience?

CantGetNoSatisfaction

I hate to say it, but some people are so bad to travel with it makes me like them a lot less as a person honestly :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

When I was studying abroad, me and my friend booked several trips, to Paris, Madrid, and Rome. She was so passive agressive during every trip and in general just not pleasant to be around. Honestly it made me pretty sad and really kind of put a damper on the experiences. After we got back, things just haven't been the same anymore. I don't really want to be her friend anymore, and I know she feels it, because she's gone around to my other friend saying "___ cut me off, i think he hates me". I don't hate her, but every time I think about her I can't help but feel upset and angry at her for having ruined these trips.

Am I wrong for not wanting to be friends with someone because they were bad to travel with? Or is it something they just can't control and something that I shouldn't hold against them? Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CantGetNoSatisfaction said:

I hate to say it, but some people are so bad to travel with it makes me like them a lot less as a person honestly :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

When I was studying abroad, me and my friend booked several trips, to Paris, Madrid, and Rome. She was so passive agressive during every trip and in general just not pleasant to be around. Honestly it made me pretty sad and really kind of put a damper on the experiences. After we got back, things just haven't been the same anymore. I don't really want to be her friend anymore, and I know she feels it, because she's gone around to my other friend saying "___ cut me off, i think he hates me". I don't hate her, but every time I think about her I can't help but feel upset and angry at her for having ruined these trips.

Am I wrong for not wanting to be friends with someone because they were bad to travel with? Or is it something they just can't control and something that I shouldn't hold against them? Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

This a very polarizing way of thinking. Why don’t you just take some time from each other and it will swing back around. You don’t have to cut them off, if you take a break, come back to it and still don’t want to be friends..tell them, explain why so they don’t fee like crap. Tell them honestly what you’re feeling and they will either understand or not.

Archived