Mexican Pop Princess Fey celebrates 25 years of career with concert from home

fey.jpg.9c3060b17be92da702fef3db5125ff9b.jpg

So probably, most of you have never heard of Fey, but she once was our Mexican version of Britney Spears back in the 90's (well, before Britney was even Britney lol). She ruled that decade with her first three albums, that were packed with bubblegum, teen pop jams, but also had a lot of Euro and Dance influences. Her career has had many up and downs ever since she decided to explore new sounds and was forced to quit the major record labels to go independent (even though she went back to Sony for a while when she released her acoustic album in 2012).

She released her first album Fey in 1995 so this year was supposed to be the celebration of the 25th anniversary, but due to our current situation, she decided to record this sort of concert at home.

This is Me Enamoro de Ti, the fifth single from her debut album.
Edit: so this is actually part of the 90's Pop Tour concert from home where other artists participated, but she's using it as part of the celebration of her career.

A few weeks ago, she had already recorded another video from home, for the anniversary of her debut single, Media Naranja.

A peculiarity about her career was that she was forced to lie about her age when she came out, saying she was 17 years old, when in reality she was 22. She's actually older than her peers from back in the day, Shakira and Mónica Naranjo, which were already singing for a more adult audience since the beginning of their careers while Fey kept appealing to teenagers and kids. She was a trendsetter when it comes to fashion, with all the girls trying to dress up like her and wear the same accessories.

486701_531897226824395_2067712955_n.jpg

Her debut album Fey sold more than 2.5M copies worldwide and her second album Tierna la Noche, more than 4 million. She's often nicknamed the Queen of the 90's.

In recent years she's became quite the sensation due to the pictures she's been sharing on her Instagram, which show her in a more provocative way, different than anything she's ever done in her career.

Vértigo (2002)
Image-003.png

This is when she decided to change her sound, and was ultimately dropped from her label. The album was recorded both in Spanish and English, but obviously wasn't a commercial success, since she wasn't receiving the support from her label, who wanted her to keep the bubblegum pop sound. This is the "Blackout" of hers for most of her fans. It remains a fan favorite (not mine personally) and she knows it, yet she barely performs songs from that album.

38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:
She hasn't released another studio album in more than a decade now, besides the live albums.

She said albums were a thing from the past so she would start releasing sparse singles, but she's only released four so far :britdrown:

For some reason I can't edit it anymore, but here are the singles

• Content Curators

This thread is amazing. Fey an Icon of pop, she is one of my most cherished singers ever. Her music is such a part of me. Her entire discography is so emblematic, who doesn't know her hit Azucar Amargo from her very successful album Tierna La Noche.

She along with Thalia are my two favorite Mexican pop stars ever. I will never be able to tell you who I love the most. I don't think I myself will ever be able to answer that haha.

My favorite songs by Fey are Me Enamoro De Ti, Desmargaritando El Corazon, El, Noche Ideal, La Fuerza Del Destino, Como Un Angel, and Lentamente. I honestly love all her music she is one of the greatest Mexican artists in pop music ever, her energy and charisma are incomparable.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

4 minutes ago, Midnight said:

This thread is amazing. Fey an Icon of pop, she is one of my most cherished singers ever. Her music is such a part of me. Her entire discography is so emblematic, who doesn't know her hit Azucar Amargo from her very successful album Tierna La Noche.

She along with Thalia are my two favorite Mexican pop stars ever. I will never be able to tell you who I love the most. I don't think I myself will ever be able to answer that haha.

My favorite songs by Fey are Me Enamoro De Ti, Desmargaritando El Corazon, El, Noche Ideal, La Fuerza Del Destino, Como Un Angel, and Lentamente. I honestly love all her music she is one of the greatest Mexican artists in pop music ever, her energy and charisma are incomparable.

:mhm: I grew up with her music because of my cousins. There are videos of me somewhere singing and dancing to Media Naranja when I was like 3 years old :haha:

Her music was always so fresh and fun. There are very few album tracks that I don't like from hers.

Tierna la Noche is my favorite album.

• Content Curators
19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:mhm: I grew up with her music because of my cousins. There are videos of me somewhere singing and dancing to Media Naranja when I was like 3 years old :haha:

Her music was always so fresh and fun. There are very few album tracks that I don't like from hers.

Tierna la Noche is my favorite album.

Yes those amazing times with our primos :overwhelm: I haven't seen any of them in like 4 years. I miss those times. 

I discovered Fey a little later on but OMG when I saw her dance It was like the same effect with Britney and Gaga I was like she dances, she dances yeeesss haha.

I always thought she had some of the most beautiful artwork too. Tierna La Noche is so artsy. El color de los suenos 3D art amazing. The photoshoot for Vertigo so dark and liberating. The beautiful cover for La Fuerza Del Destino with that amazing and iconic blue dress designed by Dragonetti ( I think ) haha. But the cherry on top is Faltan Lunas so simply beautiful the combination of colors, the aquatic vibe the polka dots, I live for that album art.

Edited by Midnight

I wanna be there when you touch fire

8 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Yes those amazing times with our primos :overwhelm: I haven't seen any of them in like 4 years. I miss those times. 

I discovered Fey a little later on but OMG when I saw her dance It was like the same effect with Britney and Gaga I was like she dances, she dances yeeesss haha.

I always thought she had some of the most beautiful artwork too. Tierna La Noche is so artsy. El color de los suenos 3D art amazing. The photoshoot for Vertigo so dark and liberating. The beautiful cover for La Fuerza Del Destino with that amazing and iconic blue dress designed by Dragonetti ( I think ) haha. But the cherry on top is Faltan Lunas so simply beautiful the combination of colors, the aquatic vibe the polka dots, I live for that album art.

Yeah, Tierna la Noche's cover is very iconic. Well, all of her albums are really good in terms of design, probably just the first one and Dulce Tentación are kinda weird lol

And yeah, she used to be so energetic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block