The moment I was done with stanning Gaga

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've never stopped stanning her, because I've never been her stan :duh: 

I didn't like her first album, except for Paparazzi and Poker Face. Then I did like Bad Romance and Telephone, but it didn't last long. When Born This Way came out, it's like I forgot about all her previous songs I liked. I really like that record. Then ARTPOP was kinda strange, I liked some songs and not others. I really don't know the chronology of her career, I think she did that jazz thing, then Joanne which I listened to just once, and never ever cared to listen to it again, I was bored to death with that album. And now I'm about to listen to her latest album to see what she got.

But besides the fact I've never really been caught by her music, I never crave for it, I just think she tries too hard. And I know that that should be something positive, like, I guess most of us would wish that Britney tried a bit harder, and believed a bit more in her artistry and her career and was a little bit less humble and owned her status, but Gaga is like the opposite of that. She's very talented, but she tries ssoooooo hard to be iconic with everything she does, not just the songs, but the performances, the outfits, the red carpet appearances, and she's tried so hard to be relatable as well, and also tried so hard to picture her personal life as this tragedy that culminated in her becoming a superstar, that I don't know, it feels too fake to me. Like, with her talent and her creativity, she should let her art and her products speak for themselves. If her music and performances and outfits were as iconic, she shouldn't have to move a finger for it to happen, for people to notice, it would occur naturally, like it did with Britney, but she tries ssoooooo hard that just makes me want to roll my eyes.

When she appears and looks like this and makes that face

maxresdefault.jpg

it kinda makes me roll my eyes because I can imagine her like thinking how each of these moments are gonna be recreated in 50 years when they make a movie about Lady Gaga's life and how "iconic" each of them have to be, but the reality is that very few people will remember all of her appearances. 

But that doesn't prevent me from enjoying her songs every once in a while. It's undeniable that all the effort she's put and all the hard she's tried to make her superstardom happened actually gave her results, so there's that. Again, we all wish Britney had a bit more confidence, not so much in herself, but in her career, in her catalog, her artistry, as Gaga does. I think both are at extreme opposites, and the ideal would be to be in the middle of that, to find a balance between self-esteem and humbleness, but between the two, I prefer Britney's attitude. 

So it's great if her fans and people from the GP have connected to her and have found in her and her music what makes them feel good. She's talented, and I see it. To me, I just will never have that connection to her, because she just doesn't inspire in me that kind of admiration or idolization that Britney evokes. 

Now, if you actually used to stan her before this clip you posted, and stopped just because of it, I just don't think it makes a lot of sense :yaknow:

Yasssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Just now, bas che said:

I’ve never been a fan of her, and I’ve known her since her underground pre-Fame era. 

as mentioned above, she looks like a total try hard. And her music especially her vocals aren’t my cup of tea. 

Her vocals would SLAY broadway, but pop music? No ma’am, no sir. And I think she said one of her teachers told her that her voice was meant for theater, not pop music. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

Thanks!  I woke up feeling horrible this morning - it cheers me up to see y'all today.  

I was reading your exchange and i LOL-ed at your joke but didn't want to insert myself. But after seeing your next post, I had to come in to save your feelings. :barbie:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I was reading your exchange and i LOL-ed at your joke but didn't want to insert myself. But after seeing your next post, I had to come in to save your feelings. :barbie:

Aww thanks.  I woke up feeling yucky this morning. I think I had an allergic reaction to dinner or something.  Feeling a lot better now this but still dizzy. 

• Love 1
Just now, jordeezy said:

What was the culprit?  Mine was either raw avocado or raw jalapeno pepper

I have no idea actually. :deadbanana: I just noticed like my face was having an allergic reaction and I panicked. But I just took an anti-histamine and like in 2 days it was gone. :imacat:

• Haha 1
Just now, Roxxy said:

I have no idea actually. :deadbanana: I just noticed like my face was having an allergic reaction and I panicked. But I just took an anti-histamine and like in 2 days it was gone. :imacat:

Mine was in my throat and head... Like I woke up at 2 am and had a temperature of 99, my throat felt closed and my head was pounding.  I took 2 benadryl, ate a chopped clove of garlic, drank coffee and took a hot shower.  Feeling good now, thank the Lord!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Mine was in my throat and head... Like I woke up at 2 am and had a temperature of 99, my throat felt closed and my head was pounding.  I took 2 benadryl, ate a chopped clove of garlic, drank coffee and took a hot shower.  Feeling good now, thank the Lord!

You took benadryl? Wait, what for? I forgot what it's for but I take it for when I want to sleep. :haha:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.