2019's Top 10 Global Artists

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Here are the Top 10 Global Artists of 2019. 

Taylor Swift leads the pack! Her new album Lover may not have had the same impact 1989 or Reputation had, but she's still on top. Literally.

Ed Sheeran coming in at #2 is actually a little surprising to me. I know his music is the definition of mainstream, but even still... To be fair, No. 6 Collaborations was actually one of my favorite records of 2019, and it appears a lot of people agree with me.

We also see Billie Eilish, Ariana, BTS and Gaga. 

The Beatles are the only act ~from the past~ who maintain undeniable relevancy. 

Thoughts? Is the list missing anyone?  

1. ⁠Taylor Swift
  2. ⁠Ed Sheeran
  3. ⁠Post Malone
  4. ⁠Billie Eilish
  5. ⁠Queen
  6. ⁠Ariana Grande
  7. ⁠BTS
  8. ⁠Drake
  9. ⁠Lady Gaga
  10. ⁠The Beatles

global-artists.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ariana is only at #6? Outsold by Billie? This isn't shade, FYI. I just thought between the two of them, Billie is more of a stateside success and Ariana is the global one.

I guess Drake is the real stateside success, dominating every year in the US - but only #8, globally. Moreover, outsold by BTS.

:letitburn:

• Leader
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ariana is only at #6? Outsold by Billie? This isn't shade, FYI. I just thought between the two of them, Billie is more of a stateside success and Ariana is the global one.

I guess Drake is the real stateside success, dominating every year in the US - but only #8, globally. Moreover, outsold by BTS.

:letitburn:

I am astounded by BTS. It's showing me such a blinding glare in where my generation is at in life. I don't know anyone that knows them, yet they're smashing sales. I suspect their fans are 25-years-old and under generally. 

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

I am astounded by BTS. It's showing me such a blinding glare in where my generation is at in life. I don't know anyone that knows them, yet they're smashing sales. I suspect their fans are 25-years-old and under generally. 

Well, I'm not surprised cause I've been listening to k-pop since 2006. It was when Britney was doing nothing that I found refuge for my popstar heart in South Korea. :bcutelaugh:

I discovered/reintroduced myself to a lot of artists during those times when Britney wasn't active. My music became a wide variety when before that, it was just Britney and Christina and Jessica and Mandy and Destiny's Child and Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne and Stacie Orrico. The usual queens of pop. This was the time i got to really dive into Madonna's discography and met the real queen of pop. Good times. :crying1:

You should start getting into BTS because they might be the future, and you'll be writing more articles about them on BH in the future.

Archived