Raccoon eyes vs smokey eyes?

brinty.spreas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 0happydancing0 said:

Like she told us, she hates being in the chair! 

I think for a lot of events she clearly does her own makeup.

But first picture is a music video shot and in fairness she still has fab makeup for music videos nowadays.

I was watching a few videos on youtube and how to achieve a perfect red carpet look and apparently it takes at least 3 hours, even if done by a professional. I can see why she wouldn't want to spend that much in the same place for every public appearance. I'd die of boredom. 

1 hour ago, 0happydancing0 said:

Her age isn't the difference in her eye makeup here. 

It's just that one is professionally done and one's not. 

actually it is bc the more you age, the lighter your makeup is supposed to be. if you use dark makeup the older you are, it does not flatter your face at all. also britney's makeup when she does it has no technique, she just freestyles it i think:tifflmao:

6 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I was watching a few videos on youtube and how to achieve a perfect red carpet look and apparently it takes at least 3 hours, even if done by a professional. I can see why she wouldn't want to spend that much in the same place for every public appearance. I'd die of boredom. 

oh absolutely! Someone posted about how they were confused because they couldn't imagine becoming bored of being glammed up. Imagine how many thousands of times Britneys been in the chair getting her makeup and hair done. 

The cool factor wears off quick. I've performed for just 2 years now using a makeup artist and i'm already over the sitting still for hours.Can't begin to imagine how she feels at this point 

9 minutes ago, MM said:

actually it is bc the more you age, the lighter your makeup is supposed to be. if you use dark makeup the older you are, it does not flatter your face at all. also britney's makeup when she does it has no technique, she just freestyles it i think:tifflmao:

Yeah I know, britneys smokey eye in that pic is very freestyle - looks like she just loaded the brush and went in and that was that. I just think the comparison isn't fair here. The thread is asking why can't she still have a nice smokey eye but she can and she has had just not when she does it herself haha

11 minutes ago, 0happydancing0 said:

oh absolutely! Someone posted about how they were confused because they couldn't imagine becoming bored of being glammed up. Imagine how many thousands of times Britneys been in the chair getting her makeup and hair done. 

The cool factor wears off quick. I've performed for just 2 years now using a makeup artist and i'm already over the sitting still for hours.Can't begin to imagine how she feels at this point 

In order to enjoy it you have to be very into yourself, unlike other celebrities Britney is not overly arrogant and self-obsessed. I can imagine Jlo enjoying it because she wants to maintain her "perfect" image at all times but Britney's proved to us many times her idea of perfection is not flawless appearance. 

I of course love love absolutely love the Do something look but I think there are some differences between the photos related to:

1) lighting  (first one looks very flattering while the other is really harsh)

2) airbrush video look  (perfection) vs. real-life appearance

3) technique: professional vs. non-professional  (products, blending, shaping etc)

4) age: young age vs. more mature age. young age can pull off absolutely any makeup because of firm skin, plump face, usually no visible eyebags, no fine lines,  no wrinkles while the same makeup on a more mature face can be very harsh. As someone said above with the passage of time makeup should become more subtle  (I think Angelina Jolie has a simple yet gorgeous makeup style)

5) eyelids work  (dramatic change)

Smth very interesting: 

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/scarlett-ballantyne/smoky-eyes-over-40_b_8584262.html

I will come back these days with some exemples. :D

Britney, if you see this, you are beautiful any way. :bgrin:

Archived