Will Britney be dragged because of POM Tour?

pbarcelos

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Creative Director Phil Harvey; Production/Lighting Designer Paul Normandale;

Production / Set Designer Misty Buckley and Video Director Ben Miles.

it was such a pretty stage too. I hope Britney works with them someday. Everything is so colorful and pretty.

CmtcWDXWgAAI4hz.jpgtour.png13rsjg2gyigz.jpgcoldplay-headline-glastonbury-festival-2IMG_7492.jpg

Damn that looks amazing, too bad they didn't have this production/lighting/design during their SB Halftime performance. They clearly could've given an incredibly impressive show but unfortunately essentially wound up as the opening act for Bruno Mars and Beyonce, for some weird reason.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LostInAnImage said:

Damn that looks amazing, too bad they didn't have this production/lighting/design during their SB Halftime performance. They clearly could've given an incredibly impressive show but unfortunately essentially wound up as the opening act for Bruno Mars and Beyonce, for some weird reason.

The main reason they got it was that nobody wanted to do the show because it wasnt dark outside. You can have all the lighting in the world it wont matter if its not dark outside. It just wont look as epic. Imagine Beyonces show without all of the visual effects. still good but not as interesting to look at. They invited Bruno and Beyonce because it was the 50 year anniversary so they wanted to invite some previous performers (They also showed others on screens during Fix You)

Yeah I was kind of sad for them. But honestly they arent a Superbowl group. I love them but even I thought wtf??

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

The main reason they got it was that nobody wanted to do the show because it wasnt dark outside. You can have all the lighting in the world it wont matter if its not dark outside. It just wont look as epic. Imagine Beyonces show without all of the visual effects. still good but not as interesting to look at. They invited Bruno and Beyonce because it was the 50 year anniversary so they wanted to invite some previous performers (They also showed others on screens during Fix You)

Yeah I was kind of sad for them. But honestly they arent a Superbowl group. I love them but even I thought wtf??

That's right, I only saw the performance that one time as it was aired live; I forgot it was actually still light outside. That's a shame. I just thought the SB committee hadn't planned it well at all; those three artists just didn't mesh well together.

42 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Creative Director Phil Harvey; Production/Lighting Designer Paul Normandale;

Production / Set Designer Misty Buckley and Video Director Ben Miles.

it was such a pretty stage too. I hope Britney works with them someday. Everything is so colorful and pretty.

CmtcWDXWgAAI4hz.jpgtour.png13rsjg2gyigz.jpgcoldplay-headline-glastonbury-festival-2IMG_7492.jpg

Thanks! I'll have to look them up to see what other shows they've worked on.

Miley has worked with Moment Factory, so I'm kind of hoping Britney picks them for her next tour. They did Madonna's Super Bowl show, and most recently worked with RHCP, Arcade Fire and Ed Sheeran

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Thanks! I'll have to look them up to see what other shows they've worked on.

Miley has worked with Moment Factory, so I'm kind of hoping Britney picks them for her next tour. They did Madonna's Super Bowl show, and most recently worked with RHCP, Arcade Fire and Ed Sheeran.

Yeah as long as its bright and vibrant and interesting im good. I just dont like when the stage is just  a black borin hole (Like the RIR Onyx show)

Just now, The Greatest Show said:

Yeah as long as its bright and vibrant and interesting im good. I just dont like when the stage is just  a black borin hole (Like the RIR Onyx show)

I forgot...Moment Factory also did Rebel Heart tour and the MDNA tour!

I think Britney's problem is Baz Halpin...Silent House Productions...I don't like their stuff. It's pretty old school. :gross:

I have to be honest, I've never actually watched POM in its entirety online, only snippets or short videos. Is the production bad? 

I always thought it seemed pretty good from what I have seen anyways. Now that I get to see it im actually really happy I never watched in full, although now I'm more tempted than ever:imok:

12 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I have to be honest, I've never actually watched POM in its entirety online, only snippets or short videos. Is the production bad? 

I always thought it seemed pretty good from what I have seen anyways. Now that I get to see it im actually really happy I never watched in full, although now I'm more tempted than ever:imok:

the opening is horrendous

the everytime part is pretty and looks gorgeous

baby and oops has a nice backdrop thats about it

the slave section is uncreative and boring

the matm section is terrible

the circus section is ok

the neon section is visually nice but the lack of good choreo ruins it

Same goes for the jungle section.

I mean how emty and boring does this look??

web1_rsp_5877_6970553.jpg

VS

38.jpeg

the circus section is ok

the costumes used to fit each section but now they don't anymore :(

47 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I think POM 1.0 was a very good show, with different thematic sections, matching outfits and props.

POM 2.0 was a mess, they reordered the setlist, changed some props and the sections wasn't thematic anymore. But planet holywood theater had those big screens that made the show beautiful for who was there

58 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

the circus section is ok

I mean how emty and boring does this look??

web1_rsp_5877_6970553.jpg

VS

38.jpeg

Okay fair enough XD I was actually thinking of the jungle section when I wrote out that post, and I agree the neon section always looked cool too. Either way I'm stoked I get to go and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself either way:myjam:

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Okay fair enough XD I was actually thinking of the jungle section when I wrote out that post, and I agree the neon section always looked cool too. Either way I'm stoked I get to go and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself either way:myjam:

same. I dont care how much I hate POM I will see someone I have loved since 1999. Sure Im one of the more outspoken negative fans here but I do still love her. Even if its more nostalgia now.

16 minutes ago, RafaParker97 said:

I think POM 1.0 was a very good show, with different thematic sections, matching outfits and props.

POM 2.0 was a mess, they reordered the setlist, changed some props and the sections wasn't thematic anymore. But planet holywood theater had those big screens that made the show beautiful for who was there

I agree with the costumes sadly :( it's like 1.0 hardly looked like Britney (at least the first few shows, those wigs will forever haunt me.) but the Setlist was overall better and there was a cohesive reason for everything. 

2.0, she looked phenomenonal for it, but it lacked the consistency that 1.0 had. If we could combine the best parts of each, it would be an amazing show

same. I dont care how much I hate POM I will see someone I have loved since 1999. Sure Im one of the more outspoken negative fans here but I do still love her. Even if its more nostalgia now.

Hey, you know what at least you're honest with your feelings and you can own it lol. Who knows maybe she will blow you away when you see her:jamout: Have you seen her live before?

5 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

It was better in person because the screens added a lot to the show. This is what concerns me. She will not have those screens for the tour so she needs to make up for that with better lighting and other things to make it more exciting. 

48 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

It was better in person because the screens added a lot to the show. This is what concerns me. She will not have those screens for the tour so she needs to make up for that with better lighting and other things to make it more exciting. 

true, without the screens and props it's just a school talent show, as the asian tour proved :orangu:

On 1/25/2018 at 6:15 PM, RafaParker97 said:

The Asian tour last year had huge shows, with huge crowds (55k in Tel Aviv, for example) and very expensive tickets. Even though, the show was a mess.
The stage seemed small, empty and unprofessional, they didn't took most of the props, the outfits were those same cheap underwear (including the inovative AliExpress one), the famale dancers wore the same outfits in the first two acts of the show :imok:

giphy.webp 

1rtb8j.gif     giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(all those gifs are from Live in Concert :orangu:)

The same happend in the Apple Music Festival,  when Britney and her team knew the show was going to be filmed, and didn't care anough to improve anything. Remember the imaginary poles in the DWWCO performance? :gloria:
Now that they are taking the show to europe and other parts of the US, in theaters and fishing villages just like an indie artist, and I'm afraid she's being criticized by the media. I think that they are going to revamp the show because of Pepsi, what do you guys think?

she won't be dragged, the media loves her now, esp billboard

maybe that's why they scraped the original MM

On 1/25/2018 at 5:55 PM, BritLOVER said:

I feel like if she includes a live cover for this tour - thats all the media will talk about! 

It's not far fetched anymore because she did sing 'Something to Talk About' not so long ago.

I think it'd be really stupid if she didn't use this oppotunity to change people's perception of her 'not being able to sing'...

Just put that to rest please!! Now's the time!!

She needs to start doing at least ONE ballad live. Even half the song. I think people become impressed when she sings live and it can only help her credibility

Archived