Will Britney be dragged because of POM Tour?

pbarcelos

3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I don't understand what part, "isn't true."

I've heard nothing about Janet's tour, apart from what she posts on her own Facebook page. I have no clue if she's playing tiny venues or big stadiums. I've seen no media coverage about it. There is no buzz about it.

I still haven't seen in this entire thread more than 10 acts named that are big productions. 

I'm not saying that Britney's show is high quality as it is. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I saw the Circus tour, and I won't go to see her again until she ups her game. But I don't see that many other acts competing with her at any one time, either. There's not that much competition in terms of "big shows" that I'd want to spend my money on.

I’m talking about that ppl don’t care about quality. If that was the case Britney would be doing huge shows everywhere but most of these venues are small. So the demand isn’t there for a huge amount of ppl.

I disagree. Gaga, Selena, pink, halsey (even), biebs, Beyoncé I could go on all have huge shows. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Surely :sendinglove:

Will there be catwalk at least? :ineedthetruth:

800 front row? Who actually pays that? It' a plane trip all included to Hawaii :imok:

i dont think there will be

that view you see on the picture, that seat is being sold for like $1100

people are money hungry

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m talking about that ppl don’t care about quality. If that was the case Britney would be doing huge shows everywhere but most of these venues are small. So the demand isn’t there for a huge amount of ppl.

I disagree. Gaga, Selena, pink, halsey (even), biebs, Beyoncé I could go on all have huge shows. 

It might be an age thing. I'm probably Exhale's resident geezer. I just turned 41. I couldn't even name you a song by Halsey, except the ones she recently performed on SNL. And I only know a couple by Selena, so I damned well wouldn't pay money to see her in concert.

But I have seen a lot of others in concert...Bruce Springsteen, Tina Turner, AC/DC, U2 (twice),  Madonna (three times), Janet, Shania, Gaga (twice)...At this point I'd pay to see Beyonce, and I'd pay to see Pink. I'd probably even go to see Justin Timberlake. Or Bruno Mars. Or JLo, if it was in Vegas and the venue was intimate. But those are all artists who have been around for a long time. I can't think of anyone who is younger (like Halsey or Selena) who I'd care to spend my money on...There aren't a lot of big pop stars for people in my age bracket. :tiffcackle:

35 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It might be an age thing. I'm probably Exhale's resident geezer. I just turned 41. I couldn't even name you a song by Halsey, except the ones she recently performed on SNL. And I only know a couple by Selena, so I damned well wouldn't pay money to see her in concert.

But I have seen a lot of others in concert...Bruce Springsteen, Tina Turner, AC/DC, U2 (twice),  Madonna (three times), Janet, Shania, Gaga (twice)...At this point I'd pay to see Beyonce, and I'd pay to see Pink. I'd probably even go to see Justin Timberlake. Or Bruno Mars. Or JLo, if it was in Vegas and the venue was intimate. But those are all artists who have been around for a long time. I can't think of anyone who is younger (like Halsey or Selena) who I'd care to spend my money on...There aren't a lot of big pop stars for people in my age bracket. :tiffcackle:

It’s a personal opinion then. Just because you don’t listen to the newer ppl doesn’t mean their shows aren’t good quality.

To put into perspective. Selena and Britney both came to the same festival stage. Selena sang live and had all her props and visuals for the audience. Britney couldn’t have her catwalk so she just cut songs out. It’s just really unprofessional on how Britney and her team run her shows now and charging more money. 

Most  choose to go or not but she wouldn’t have a reason to be dragged if she cared and put more work into her shows. Circus and before was top notch. 

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It’s a personal opinion then. Just because you don’t listen to the newer ppl doesn’t mean their shows aren’t good quality.

To put into perspective. Selena and Britney both came to the same festival stage. Selena sang live and had all her props and visuals from the audience. Britney couldn’t have her catwalk so she just cut songs out. It’s just really unprofessional on how Britney and her team run her shows now and charging more money. 

Most  choose to go or not but she wouldn’t have a reason to be dragged if she cared and put more work into her shows. Circus and before was too notch. 

We're talking about two different things.

All I''m saying is that I still haven't seen more than 10 pop artists named in this thread who could be considered to have big productions. You've named Selena and Halsey. Who else? Other than the people named in this thread? Not many people tour at any one time with a troupe of dancers, props, sets and multiple costume changes. 

14 hours ago, P'NutButterney said:

Janet outperforms Britney (still) and she is 50-years-old. 

I suspect the tour will be dragged, especially if it's the same vocals being mimed. 

Yes! Britney has almost the same amount of Privilege as Justin Timberlake.  She gets a slight pass to drag her ***. While Janet Jackson slays at 50, AND she's using her original moves! Not some watered down, hair flip, knee drop, clinch waist super combo, like Brinny.  Not to mention her live vocals (I'm sure they mix from time to time) live nonetheless, she is slaying.

And her outfits are professional concept, concert grade, and she's consistent with the looks.  

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We're talking about two different things.

All I''m saying is that I still haven't seen more than 10 pop artists named in this thread who could be considered to have big productions. You've named Selena and Halsey. Who else? Other than the people named in this thread? Not many people tour at any one time with a troupe of dancers, props, sets and multiple costume changes. 

Beyonce, Justin x2, Katy, Taylor, halsey, Demi, Selena, pink, Bruno, Gaga, Janet, Madonna, rihanna, 5H, Ed,. All the big names. That’s not even including rappers that have dancers and huge productions. 

But these are all mainstream ppl. Even little ppl have good production. 

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm talking purely pop concerts.

My last concert was Bruce Springsteen. :yesokay:

Coldplay  is  pop. :sendinglove:

If you are talking about big production, they have that too. You dont need 20 backup dancers and choreo to have a great production. And believe me they are fantastic live.

tumblr_ocfg8pQdBD1r549mqo3_540.gif

tumblr_may7zwKVkc1r1t8yho6_r1_500.gif

LDWZten.jpg

coldplay_voir-25;1200x768.jpg

Coldplay-Hospitality-Tickets-Gallery-4.j

fa9bdfc5aa2b88d200fd5a7ae2ddc0d6.jpg

Coldplay even had this epic idea that Taylor stole

original.gif

40236dd4-fbfd-4589-a9db-2ea9becb5762.gif

The last time we got those "Epic" pictures from Britneys tour was during FF because the stage was beautiful. in her current pics the stage is just a black hole (apart from the jungle section)  If she doesnt sing and only dances ok she should at least have a great stage.

I dont know maybe its just because for me you have to do at least 1 thing PERFECTLY in your tour. For Katy its production, for Adele its singing, for Pink its acrobatics and for Beyonce dancing mixed with SOME live singing. Britney currently doesnt do anything perfectly. Everything is just ok or bad.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Beyonce, Justin x2, Katy, Taylor, halsey, Demi, Selena, pink, Bruno, Gaga, Janet, Madonna, rihanna, 5H, Ed,. All the big names. That’s not even including rappers that have dancers and huge productions. 

But these are all mainstream ppl. Even little ppl have good production. 

There we go. :rihclap:

But it took us four pages to be able to name that many.

I think that's why Britney is still selling like hotcakes, even though her show is so bad. Out of all those people you mentioned, there's only a handful that are touring at any one time. So people see the name "Britney Spears" and see that she still has the dancers and costume changes and props, and still want to see it no matter how bad it really is. There's not a LOT of competition in any one year when it comes to big productions. People will make room for her because they want to see her live in person, even if she is getting dragged.

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

Coldplay  is  pop. :sendinglove:

If you are talking about big production, they have that too. You dont need 20 backup dancers and choreo to have a great production. And believe me they are fantastic live.

tumblr_ocfg8pQdBD1r549mqo3_540.gif

tumblr_may7zwKVkc1r1t8yho6_r1_500.gif

LDWZten.jpg

coldplay_voir-25;1200x768.jpg

Coldplay-Hospitality-Tickets-Gallery-4.j

fa9bdfc5aa2b88d200fd5a7ae2ddc0d6.jpg

Coldplay even had this epic idea that Taylor stole

original.gif

40236dd4-fbfd-4589-a9db-2ea9becb5762.gif

The last time we got those "Epic" pictures from Britneys tour was during FF because the stage was beautiful. in her current pics the stage is just a black hole (apart from the jungle section)  If she doesnt sing and only dances ok she should at least have a great stage.

I dont know maybe its just because for me you have to do at least 1 thing PERFECTLY in your tour. For Katy its production, for Adele its singing, for Pink its acrobatics and for Beyonce dancing mixed with SOME live singing. Britney currently doesnt do anything perfectly. Everything is just ok or bad.

Do you know who designed that show?

I did an internship with Moment Factory a few years back, so I'm super into the tech end of concert productions. 

14 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I did an internship with Moment Factory a few years back, so I'm super into the tech end of concert productions. 

The Femme Fatale stage was quite nice until they started picking away pieces of it when it overseas.

I remember when they basically recycled the same stage concept for the BOMT, Crazy2K and OIDIA tours. Stair cases on the sides & in the middle, screen in the back.

I'm a huge sucker for good lights though. The Demi/Nick tour from Honda Civic was just a giant screen, but the lighting was INCREDIBLE.

What makes me really sad is the fact Britney has always been a big production type of artist, it was always a big part of her performance’s appeal. She needs a big production to back her up since people don’t go to her concerts to see her singing, they go for the whole experience. How could they let things get so cheap?

If we had a proper production she would slay people’s lives, Currentney is still a great performer if you’re not a Stan who has been comparing every damn performance for the past two decades. Nobody puts a show like her based solely on dancing and repertory, she’s an icon ffs. I get really frustrated seeing artists like Katy Perry, who struggles selling albums and tickets and is still trying to build a legacy, having amazing productions and marketing. I’ve been in Tokyo for the past months and now I’m back in Rio and I kept seeing her face everywhere in ads for the tour all the time in both cities, while we’ll be luck if we get a few billboards here and there for Britney’s indie tour. Can’t wait till she’s headlining indie festivals like Burning Man and Lollapalooza since her team seems to be aiming for her to become a indie act so they won’t have to invest. 

:bang:

1 hour ago, andrewmo said:

I remember when they basically recycled the same stage concept for the BOMT, Crazy2K and OIDIA tours. Stair cases on the sides & in the middle, screen in the back.

Back then she didn't need an amazing stage or production though, because she was such an electrifying performer and fantastic dancer (although, of course, it's best when you have all of those elements, à la DWAD Tour). I think that's what people are saying, right now she's neither a fantastic performer nor accompanied by a fantastic production. So something should really change, or she does risk getting terrible reviews. :ehum:

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Creative Director Phil Harvey; Production/Lighting Designer Paul Normandale;

Production / Set Designer Misty Buckley and Video Director Ben Miles.

it was such a pretty stage too. I hope Britney works with them someday. Everything is so colorful and pretty.

CmtcWDXWgAAI4hz.jpgtour.png13rsjg2gyigz.jpgcoldplay-headline-glastonbury-festival-2IMG_7492.jpg

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

What makes me really sad is the fact Britney has always been a big production type of artist, it was always a big part of her performance’s appeal. She needs a big production to back her up since people don’t go to her concerts to see her singing, they go for the whole experience. How could they let things get so cheap?

If we had a proper production she would slay people’s lives, Currentney is still a great performer if you’re not a Stan who has been comparing every damn performance for the past two decades. Nobody puts a show like her based solely on dancing and repertory, she’s an icon ffs. I get really frustrated seeing artists like Katy Perry, who struggles selling albums and tickets and is still trying to build a legacy, having amazing productions and marketing. I’ve been in Tokyo for the past months and now I’m back in Rio and I kept seeing her face everywhere in ads for the tour all the time in both cities, while we’ll be luck if we get a few billboards here and there for Britney’s indie tour. Can’t wait till she’s headlining indie festivals like Burning Man and Lollapalooza since her team seems to be aiming for her to become a indie act so they won’t have to invest. 

:bang:

Exactly say what you want about the Fat Fatale tour but the stage and design was amazing

tumblr_maknhzep6w1qcn6xro1_500.gif

dvd-britney-spears-the-femme-fatale-tourbritney-spears.jpg

MV5BMGUwMmQyMjItNmIzMy00NTYwLThkZjMtZmYz

Archived