Will Britney be dragged because of POM Tour?

pbarcelos

The Asian tour last year had huge shows, with huge crowds (55k in Tel Aviv, for example) and very expensive tickets. Even though, the show was a mess.
The stage seemed small, empty and unprofessional, they didn't took most of the props, the outfits were those same cheap underwear (including the inovative AliExpress one), the famale dancers wore the same outfits in the first two acts of the show :imok:

giphy.webp 

1rtb8j.gif     giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(all those gifs are from Live in Concert :orangu:)

The same happend in the Apple Music Festival,  when Britney and her team knew the show was going to be filmed, and didn't care anough to improve anything. Remember the imaginary poles in the DWWCO performance? :gloria:
Now that they are taking the show to europe and other parts of the US, in theaters and fishing villages just like an indie artist, and I'm afraid she's being criticized by the media. I think that they are going to revamp the show because of Pepsi, what do you guys think?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I think it still looks incredible compared to almost anything else out there.

Apart from Beyonce and Madonna, who puts on a good concert anymore? 

Exactly! But keep in mind this is Britney! She is the one who used to give the big shows, the one who got people excited! The one people were eager to see what she will do. Now she is just a joke with her shows. I used to think that no matter how bad she would go, the production of her shows and costumes would always look good, but now it seems like a tacky high school show. Step up your game or Europe is gonna destroy you. 

2 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

Exactly! But keep in mind this is Britney! She is the one who used to give the big shows, the one who got people excited! The one people were eager to see what she will do. Now she is just a joke with her shows. I used to think that no matter how bad she would go, the production of her shows and costumes would always look good, but now it seems like a tacky high school show. Step up your game or Europe is gonna destroy you. 

The same could be said for Janet.

I saw Janet in concert when she was in her prime (just two weeks after seeing Madonna's Drowned World tour, and she blew Madonna out of the water!) But she doesn't entertain the way she used to. Yes, she still has the moves, but apart from a couple of articles and videos when her tour launched I haven't seen a thing about her since.

The music business had changed, and there really aren't many pop acts out there that are a "must see experience." So it could be that it's only really Britney's own fans who are so tough on her. Nobody else has such high expectations.

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I saw Janet in concert when she was in her prime (just two weeks after seeing Madonna's Drowned World tour, and she blew Madonna out of the water!) But she doesn't entertain the way she used to. Yes, she still has the moves, but apart from a couple of articles and videos when her tour launched I haven't seen a thing about her since.

The music business had changed, and there really aren't many pop acts out there that are a "must see experience." So it could be that it's only really Britney's own fans who are so tough on her. Nobody else has such high expectations.

Janet outperforms Britney (still) and she is 50-years-old. 

I suspect the tour will be dragged, especially if it's the same vocals being mimed. 

4 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes but the question still remains: WHY is Britney not one of those artists that delivers the great experience? The Circus Tour was EPIC despite her dancing. There are a lot of aspect that make a great show, some of them are the production and costumes, things Britney herself doesnt even need to do anything for, but yet they fail to impress lately.

1 minute ago, P'NutButterney said:

I suspect the tour will be dragged, especially if it's the same vocals being mimed. 

I'm talking the production of the tour itself -- staging, dancers, props.

Janet used to do HUGE tours...I know she's still got the moves, but I couldn't even tell you what her show looked like. 

1 minute ago, nakedsoldier said:

Yes but the question still remains: WHY is Britney not one of those artists that delivers the great experience? The Circus Tour was EPIC despite her dancing. There are a lot of aspect that make a great show, some of them are the production and costumes, things Britney herself doesnt even need to do anything for, but yet they fail to impress lately.

I suspect a lot of it is tied to promo. Britney refuses to do promo like most other artists do (e.g. SNL performance) so her record company won't fork out money for things like tour production.

It's a good sign that Pepsi is sponsoring the tour. A really good sign.

3 minutes ago, P'NutButterney said:

Even if she pre record the vocals, she doesn't care enough to mime the words propriety, 

she mimes the male vocals in DYWCO :orangu:

I feel like if she includes a live cover for this tour - thats all the media will talk about! 

It's not far fetched anymore because she did sing 'Something to Talk About' not so long ago.

I think it'd be really stupid if she didn't use this oppotunity to change people's perception of her 'not being able to sing'...

Just put that to rest please!! Now's the time!!

Tbh, haters are gonna hate, and lovers will spread the love.

I mean, when you purchase tickets to see Brit; you're not expecting a performance like Adele, you KNOW it will be lipsynch fest. And so does the GP.

So why do you go then ? To see a fun show and be entertained. Britne's POM = entertainment.

Archived