"It's Not Britney, *****" - An article we should all read.

Chaoscontrol

Hey ya'll, came across this article years ago and bookmarked it. Every now and then I check back and re-read. It came out right around the time of FF. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autostraddle.com/its-not-britney-*****-84052/amp/

I think everyone should read it. I'm not sure I agree with everything 100% (they paint her father in a kind of negative light, but I pretty much do agree with the money machine comment.), and regardless of our individual thoughts on her situation, it is an overall good read.

I just really do want to say, I know exhale makes jokes and jabs, and overall is unhappy with the current state of her career, but look at where she is now compared to when this came out. She has life back in her eyes, and she truly does seem much more grounded and happy and I really can't help but feel as if Vegas helped her reach this point.

For a while, it seemed that Britney was over being Britney Spears. It truly looked as if she wanted to be anyone else, but now I'm not sure if that's the case. It truly does seem nowadays that she has found some solace and peace in her crazy life, and I truly couldn't be happier for her because of that. 

Thoughts on the article? Was it lame, or did you enjoy it? Discuss! 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where’s the surly gum-snapping blonde who ‘wrote’ “Touch of my Hand” and “I’m a Slave 4 U”?

Who’s responsible for Femme Fatale‘s lyrics?

“I wanna go ding-ding when I hear that bass”?

“Spark and it’s like gasoline / I start pumping like a machine / my heart only runs on supreme /so hot, give me your gasoline”?

WHAT? I mean seriously, I’d prefer “E-Mail my Heart” to this crap.

:urite:

2 minutes ago, BreatheNormally said:

Nobody here cares about Britney the human they care about Britney Spears who owes them better performances, hair, makeup, outfits, etc. because they are fans... Great article. Sad her hoards of "fans" are nowhere to be found when she needs them. 

The human is fine, the human is happy.  But if you're gonna be on stage, give it your all, not your half assed bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

:urite:

I liked that part too:yesokay:

1 minute ago, BreatheNormally said:

Nobody here cares about Britney the human they care about Britney Spears who owes them better performances, hair, makeup, outfits, etc. because they are fans... Great article. Sad her hoards of "fans" are nowhere to be found when she needs them. 

I think her fans here truly do care, and want the best for her. We all want to see her suceed, but I can truly understand why she's over it and handles things the way she does :( 

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I liked that part too:yesokay:

I think her fans here truly do care, and want the best for her. We all want to see her suceed, but I can truly understand why she's over it and handles things the way she does :( 

Me too, which is why I don’t ***** as much as others. Obviously it’s frustrating but there’s a reason behind it not that she woke up one day and decide to be like that. She has many more years in her and it’s important she take care of herself first otherwise it’ll just be a constant cycle of her pushing her feelings aside and then to blow up later.

Just now, puppylo16 said:

Me too, which is why I don’t ***** as much as others. Obviously it’s frustrating but there’s a reason behind it not that she woke up one day and decide to be like that. She has many more years in her and it’s important she take care of herself first otherwise it’ll just be a constant cycle of her pushing her feelings aside and then to blow up later.

I agree. The thing that sucks is her situation isn't like a normal celebrity (the conservatorship).

Is Britney a slave to the system? Or does she actually make her own choices in her career? Truthfully, we will never know, and it's probably a mix of both with a **** ton of politics in between. 

All I can wish is that she is truly happy for once in her life. I do feel like she's in a good place right now

Archived