Britney is a legend compared to her contemporaries

monalisaney81

I was watching this video of Jessica

How tragic.....

And then Christina with the Oreo thing last week...

A lot of you complain about Britneys career but lets face it, out of all the girls she competed with in the late 90s shes still the most successful.

Shes the only one who still has a career in music, though Mandy is doing good wih acting rn. 

Her label actually allows her to put out albums, gets funded for music videos, gets songs sent to radio, gets to perform at whatever award show she wants, gets icon awards, gets to be on whatever tv show she wants. Sells out stadiums all over the world. Has had consitant sold out shows for 4 years in Vegas. Shes doing pretty damn good. All these other hoes could never.

Maybe shes not selling rn what she use to, but shes anything but a hasbeen. Tons of people go crazy to see her still. Shes a superstar and we are lucky to stan a skinny fit legend. 

2-2017-1.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Aussieney said:

Can't wait for the Radiance (Choose Your Own Destiny) Yoga Studio to open and welcome the next stage of her career :mattafact:

No joke, I wouldn't really hold it against her ;) brit should TOTALLY tap into the fitness industry. Do you wanna come over could've been sponsored by orange theory 

"you wanna hot body like Britney? You better come over to Orange Theory!"

1 hour ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I mean true but also Beyoncé and P!nk were her peers too

Beyonce lacks of memorable performances... people may remember her medley at the VMAs last year but there's nothing iconic about it. I don't even remember what she did exactly  :calculating:

Resultado de imagen de britney vma 2000 gif

Resultado de imagen de britney vma gif

Resultado de imagen de britney vma 2003 gif

the same thing happens with her music videos...cool visual album but nothing that sticks on people's minds :outwithit:

5 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Sure, let's disregard other late 90's artists like Mariah, J.Lo, Bey, JT, and so many others who are still exceptionally relevant today.:outwithit:

But among the virginal, blonde pop princess clique, Britney obvs. outlasted all of them solely because she has the biggest legacy and worked her *** off.

Mariah debuted in 1990 and Britney has long surpassed J.Lo :usher:

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

But considering the route she’s going in, I just see her staying a pop legend only :crying1: hopefully I’m wrong and she brings it these next eras

Well, Elvis had similar things happen to his career before he passed away. Obviously, I don't want anything bad to happen to Britney but I feel like even MJ's reputation was bad until people remembered how legendary he was when he died. I definitely want Britney to be alive for a 100 years and make her career worthy in the public's eyes again by her efforts but even if she doesn't, people will still remember how much they love her when they let go of all the baggage against her. 

2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

But Mariah was still a force in the late 90's, especially with Butterfly and Rainbow cementing her status as a legend. :usher:

And J.Lo remains a massive force. :usher:

Yes I know but Mariah had impact since the beginning so I don’t consider her a late 90’s artist, that’s like saying Britney’s a early 2010’s artist because she had a hit era with Femme Fatale :usher:

and where is J.Lo still a massive force?:usher:

45 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Beyonce lacks of memorable performances... people may remember her medley at the VMAs last year but there's nothing iconic about it. I don't even remember what she did exactly  :calculating:

Resultado de imagen de britney vma 2000 gif

Resultado de imagen de britney vma gif

Resultado de imagen de britney vma 2003 gif

the same thing happens with her music videos...cool visual album but nothing that sticks on people's minds :outwithit:

That's actually very true. Despite being more relevant than Britney these days, Beyonce is not as iconic of a performer like Britney is. 

2 hours ago, Britney's cheese grits said:

>she has a dwindling music career :outwithit:

At least she still has a music career, considering how little she promotes I would say she's still extremely successful. 

>mandy was the voice of Rapunzel in Tangled and is continuing to voice act in a very successful animated series spinoff on Disney Channel :flawlessbye:

Look what you are writing...the voice of Rapunzel, groundbreaking stuff....

>her label doesn't "allow" her to put out albums, she's under a contract :sofedup:

Christina is under contract too.......when did she release her last album?

>her music videos almost always are sponsored by other companies not so much the label (Eos, Orange Gym etc) :nicki2:

Make no difference who funds it, at least she gets funding and is able to release videos for her singles, and work with great directors like Dave LaChapelle 

>if songs are getting sent out they are barely getting any airtime cause I barely heard MM on the radio and never once heard SP :beyfedup:

MM was played occasionally, but my point was at least her songs are heard on the radio at some point, the others haven't heard radio play since mid 2000s. 

>how do you know it's her that chooses which award show she gets to perform at and not her team/label? :xcuseme:

Does not matter if it's her or the team/label, my point is, she's relevant enough to book award show performances such as The VMAs and BBMAs. Only relevant artist are given slots on these shows. And Britney has no trouble booking these gigs.

>again, how do you know it's her deciding which shows to be on? I know damn well Carpool Karaoke wasn't her idea :hahaha:

Yet Jane The Virgin was most likely her idea. Stop acting like it's not an honor for Britney to be on anyones show. 

>an Asian tour isn't a "worldwide" one (and even if you were talking about FFT a lot of those shows weren't sold out even after tickets were placed on groupon) :weusay:

Its not in the U.S, so yes it is wordwide. She has also performed in the U.K  for the Apple Music Festival.

>her Vegas shows are far from being consistently sold out, I mean they're not empty if that's what you mean :ricackle:

It does well enough to warrant it as best show in Las Vegas multiple times, and has been able to keep its run over 4 years. Get back to me when Mariah or JLO are able to keep their show alive 4 years.

literally everything I listed kinda makes her a hasbeen and I haven't even dug into her tragic dancing on stage :whitneyshade: why would these "hoes" even want the hot mess Britney is serving right now??? I mean yeah she has built herself more of a "legacy" then any of her peers (and has also tarnished it way more than any them:tiffcackle:) but putting others down in order to build her up makes you look desperate :gross:

stay delusional fam :madonna:                                                       

I feel bad for you, so pressed Britney is a legend.  If you think she's such a hasbeen why are you on this forum? Leave, no one wants you here loser. :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, Britney's cheese grits said:

who said I was I pressed she is a legend??? She's a sad a excuse of legend at this point fam :tiffcackle: literally hanging by a vein :tiffcackle: I can still love Britney without dragging other artist as some pathetic coping mechanism :tiffcackle: try again fam :begone:

I’m not your “fam”, stop calling me that. :girlwhat: I’m not dragging anyone, i’m staying the truth. Her contemporaries are not in her leauge anymore, get over it. 

Archived