Oops I Did It Again World Tour

Itachi

it's friday night and because I'm a mom boring person now staying home, I decided to have a flashback friday instead and watch this

this is only the second time I have watched this tour in full. i embarrassingly cried in the presence of my sisters, they thought i was watching a drama film. :orangu: i live for the moments she interacted with her audience, and her excitement to have a world tour seemed really genuine. :otears: i guess she sang live a lot in this tour, her voice cracks are very noticeable, yet the transitions to pre-recorded vocals are observable. but that is very forgivable because her stage presence was really something. the dancing is so energetic i mean, hello it's Primeney, *****. :gobaby: the whole concept is okay, kinda cheesy in retrospect, but i think this is more of a coming of age performances than DWADT as it did play with a mixture of childish and **** themes. in fact, i think it's quite similar to DWADT in terms of choreography, and some themes of the performances; only that DWADT had a more elaborate staging and special effects but less live singing. i cackled when NSYNC appeared in one of the interludes to host a game with the fans. overall, i'd rate it 9/10. :tiffanynod: the only criticisms i'll have is the setlist is too short, and the songs are too all too bubblegum pop; but i appreciate that she did less covers here compared to Baby tour. also the background vocalists doesn't seem to compliment Britney's voice, a lot of times they cannot harmonize properly and sound even flatter than Britney. I loooove the live band though, the dancers rock as well - they don't look like they outdance Britney or outshadow her in any moments of the show.

Highlights: Stronger, FTBOMBH, Sometimes, DLMBTLTK, Satisfaction, Baby, and Oops

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man she could do no wrong :ehum:From BOMT  to OIDIA to Slave to Toxic, from vma 00 to vma 01 to vma 03 and finally from OIDIA tour to DWAD tour to OH tour.

I would sell my soul just to live during her prime:ehum:

I hate y'all lucky mutherfukers who got the chance to experience this perfection:chershade:

8 minutes ago, STARTWINK said:

Man she could do no wrong :ehum:From BOMT  to OIDIA to Slave to Toxic, from vma 00 to vma 01 to vma 03 and finally from OIDIA tour to DWAD tour to OH tour.

I would sell my soul just to live during her prime:ehum:

I hate y'all lucky mutherfukers who got the chance to experience this perfection:chershade:

I was a blossoming gay in her prime but i never saw her live too. :crying1:

are there any of you here who was able to see this tour live? Can u share your experiences to us unlucky sinners :wendycry:

44 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Well, she only had two albums and both were bubblegum pop mainly so of course the setlist was shorter than usual and bubblegum pop. Thats what she was then.

yeah, that's why even though it is superior in terms of energy, passion, live singing, and interaction, in other words general performing abilities (I think this is the best version of Britney as a performer), I wouldn't say it is better than OHT and DWADT.

6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

The Oops Tour slays me every time. But that What Would You Do To Meet Britney game is extra cheesy.  :sofedup:

it is, especially the picture taking part. :haha: and i'm so ******* amused seeing ramen-haired Justina :shadelaugh:

This tour is really underrated imo. I have heard rumours the vocals were prerecorded but it does sound like Britney is singing live to me. If she did prerecord the vocals it was obviously specifically for this tour unlike on POM where she uses the original vocals :orangu: I always really liked Britney's entrance in that orb thing, there were some great performances as well and the costumes were on point (I love the cheerleader outfit from the BOMT performance especially)

7 minutes ago, Isla. said:

This tour is really underrated imo. I have heard rumours the vocals were prerecorded but it does sound like Britney is singing live to me. If she did prerecord the vocals it was obviously specifically for this tour unlike on POM where she uses the original vocals :orangu: I always really liked Britney's entrance in that orb thing, there were some great performances as well and the costumes were on point (I love the cheerleader outfit from the BOMT performance especially)

Yeah i guess it is underrated because it is overshadowed by the 2 tours that followed it, which for me was a sign that Britney was progressing in terms of showmanship... only to regress afterwards :mcorangu:

i especially liked the ballads she performed, they're so full of emotions. :tifftear:

2 minutes ago, Itachi said:

Yeah i guess it is underrated because it is overshadowed by the 2 tours that followed it, which for me was a sign that Britney was progressing in terms of showmanship... only to regress afterwards :mcorangu:

i especially liked the ballads she performed, they're so full of emotions. :tifftear:

She performed BTMYH which is one of my faves :crying2: I love that performance and the dance breakdown halfway through it. And yeah you're right, obviously this tour isn't as good as DWADT/OHT but I appreciate it for what it is - Britney looks and sounds great and the show was a lot of fun so I don't think it should be forgotten!

Truly one of her best and very underrated shows, this tour alone cements the Janet Jackson comparisons.  She dances her *** off without dying down, while playing both sides of her sweet & **** personas with charm and great costumes.    This was her first world tour and she delivered, if I can go back and watch only one Britney show live it would be this one.  :surprisedney:

3 hours ago, Isla. said:

The vocals were definitely prerecorded and I wish this was a practice she continued doing.  (Janet Jackson has mastered this art form.)  But there were nights that were live:

This version of "Crazy" doesn't sound like the one in London or Rock in Rio.  She sounds better, IMO, than the prerecorded vocals she used (which were mostly flat and off-key in  spots, tbh).  

26 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

Truly one of her best and very underrated shows, this tour alone cements the Janet Jackson comparisons.  She dances her *** off without dying down, while playing both sides of her sweet & **** personas with charm and great costumes.    This was her first world tour and she delivered, if I can go back and watch only one Britney show live it would be this one.  :surprisedney:

The vocals were definitely prerecorded and I wish this was a practice she continued doing.  (Janet Jackson has mastered this art form.)  But there were nights that were live:

This version of "Crazy" doesn't sound like the one in London or Rock in Rio.  She sounds better, IMO, than the prerecorded vocals she used (which were mostly flat and off-key in  spots, tbh).  

She sounds so good here :lemmetellu:

7 minutes ago, Isla. said:

She sounds so good here :lemmetellu:

I agree and I think she sang this show in LA mostly live, here's another video:

Another video from the same LA show, this is live (her loud *** backup singers are doing the most) especially the bridge.  She actually sings it, verses the album track kicking in like on other dates, and nails the high note.  :slayney:

2 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I agree and I think she sang this show in LA mostly live, here's another video:

Another video from the same LA show, this is live (her loud *** backup singers are doing the most) especially the bridge.  She actually sings it, verses the album track kicking in like on other dates, and nails the high note.  :slayney:

Can barely hear her over that backing vocalist tbh :mcorangu: 

43 minutes ago, Itachi said:

I know I'm a flop fan. I have another confession to make, I haven't watched BOMT Tour in full yet :mcorangu::meltdown:

that you get a pass because it's very hard to find a good BOMT tour show complete

i think it's pitched up on purpose to keep it on youtube

this Oops Tour special was pretty good, surprised it wasn't a dvd (ironically the version that aired in the US was missing more songs)

Archived