In The Zone 5.1 Surround Sound

DMVofficial

Hey, so I was buying tickets to see the movie IT next week and I was just thinking it would be cool to listen to an album in a 5.1 surround sound theater. Then it got me wondering- do surround sound albums even exist? So I did my research and it turns out Britney released a special edition on In The Zone with one disc being the album, and another disc being the album in surround sound.

Spoiler

ebda3597-728c-4385-9c48-f64d068754ea.jpg

I was wondering if any of you own this, and if you do can you tell a difference in the sound?
Also does anyone know where I'd be able to download it? I have really high quality headphones and also have a great sound system in my bedroom so I'd love to listen to this album with immersive 5.1 surround sound experience, while high off my mind,  of course.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Surround sound albums were a thing in the early 2000s, Not so much today. But the quality is very good on a nice system.

Technology has advanced so much in the last 15 years, they should bring it back! Lots of people have great sound systems I'm sure there would be a market for it.

I wanna buy this version and rent out the theater at my school. Fully THX Cinema certified theater. Music majors rent it out all the time to listen to their work. I wanna rent it out and bump Toxic omg I would die

11 hours ago, MiriHaii said:

Thats something i dont know :( I guess there is some kind of player 

I listened to each individual channel and then the complete song and it was still really cool!

Early Mornin' (C Stem) is gorgeous! The drum line reminds me of something Tame Impala would do.

The DJ scratches and flute in Early Mornin' (FR Stem) literally are so beautiful. I love this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/31/2017 at 6:45 AM, DMVofficial said:

I think that's the same version I'm talking about! What happened to your copy? Did you rip the audio at all?

nope, its not the same thing, I remember Nick• explaining the difference between those two. Anyways, I borrowed it and never got back

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2017 at 10:30 PM, DMVofficial said:

Hey, so I was buying tickets to see the movie IT next week and I was just thinking it would be cool to listen to an album in a 5.1 surround sound theater. Then it got me wondering- do surround sound albums even exist? So I did my research and it turns out Britney released a special edition on In The Zone with one disc being the album, and another disc being the album in surround sound.

Reveal hidden contents

ebda3597-728c-4385-9c48-f64d068754ea.jpg

I was wondering if any of you own this, and if you do can you tell a difference in the sound?
Also does anyone know where I'd be able to download it? I have really high quality headphones and also have a great sound system in my bedroom so I'd love to listen to this album with immersive 5.1 surround sound experience, while high off my mind,  of course.

I have it... I recently bought a home that has a built-in surround system and it sounds amazing. I really enjoy it. :yesplease:

The only thing I wish is that it had all the bonus tracks :qtbrit:

Archived