Missed Britney Singles

iZacaree

There have been so many missed opportunities for hit singles over the years. Team B has always ****** everything up. :meltdown:

1. Baby One More Time -

Born to Make You Happy should've been released as a single in the U.S! It was a BOP! Also, "I Will Be There" would've been a great single because it showcased more of Britney's natural voice and vocal ability.

2. Oops!... I Did it Again -

SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES HERE! WHY WERE THERE ONLY 4 SINGLES??? This is arguably Britney's most iconic and best-remembered album.

Can't Make You Love Me, Don't Go Knockin' on My Door, What U See (Is What U Get), and One Kiss From You are all iconic BOPS! Even (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction would've worked as a single, especially after Britney opened her iconic VMA performance with it (I know there might've been issues because it was a cover). There should've been way more singles from this album than just the 4 we got.

3. Britney -

This could've been Britney's Come On Over album. Literally every song should've been released as a single, but the BEST ones IMO are Cinderella, Bombastic Love, Lonely, Let Me Be, and That's Where You Take Me. Honestly, I could've done without Anticipating being a single at all; Cinderella would've been the better option. That song is pure early-2000's dance GOLD.

4. In The Zone -

I've always HATED Outrageous, and I could've done without it ever being a single. Breathe on Me, Touch of My Hand, and I Got That (Boom Boom) would've been WAY better. Honestly, WHY was Breathe on Me never released as a single? HUGE missed opportunity.

5. Blackout -

Radar should've been released as a single from this album instead of Circus. Even if it didn't get a proper video, it should've been released as the 4th BO single. There are a few other great single choices from BO, as well - Get Naked (I Got a Plan), Heaven on Earth, and Toy Soldier would've been great.

6. Circus -

Out From Under should've been the 4th single from this album instead of Radar... in fact, Radar shouldn't have ever been recycled, it's place is on BO.

7. Femme Fatale -

I don't hate Criminal as a single, but I don't love it either. I think the more upbeat radio mix of the song should've been the actual album version. Inside Out or He About to Lose Me would've been better choices for 4th or 5th single... maybe even (Drop Dead) Beautiful.

8. Britney Jean -

I typed this section in red because BJ should be confined to the fiery pits of hell. Ugh... Work ***** is the only good thing about this album. Maybe Alien should've been a single? I can't really recommend any of the other songs since I'm talking about promoting BRITNEY'S singles and not Myah Marie's.

9. Glory -

SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES. SUCH A MESS. LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ERA WAS A MESS EXCEPT FOR THE ACTUAL MUSIC. Liar, Man on the Moon, Do You Want to Come Over,  and Better could've been great singles.

AS FOR PRETTY GIRLS..... :idkha:

Thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AP by you

Pretty much everything from the first 3 albums were not missed opportunities for singles, imo. The singles released were quite the strongest tracks from those albums.

I agree though for ITZ, Blackout, and to a lesser extent, Glory that indeed there were quite many singles that are single-worthy from those albums. For Circus, yes and I'm still salty about it, Radar should not have been recycled and released as a single off Circus. While for FF, I may agree that Criminal is a weak song that could have been replaced by the other 2 mid-tempo tracks you mentioned.

BJ though should have been scrapped because Myah's vocals didn't work. Larry always mistiming his scraps. :staysalty:

Mine: 

Baby: Soda Pop and Thinkin' About You.

Oops: What U See (Is What U Get) and Can't Make You Love Me.

Britney: Lonely, Let Me Be, What Its Like To Be Me,

Blackout: Freakshow, Toy Solider, Hot As Ice, Ooh Ooh Baby.

Circus: Any/all. Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass, Mannequin.

Femme Fatale: Trouble For Me, Selfish, He ABout To Lose Me, Don't Keep Me Waiting, Inside Out

Glory: Any/all. What You Need, Liar, Love Me Down, Clumsy, Better, Change Your Mind.

:feelingmyself:l

Archived