Will they ever release her albums on vinyl?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

they have vinly of Glory tho

I know she already has loads of singles on vinyl and thankfully, we have glory on vinyl too but I would love a Rihanna style box set (even if it is over $300!)

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Maybe for her 20th anniversary. Or at the least they're gonna release Baby.

I hope so. I know her team isn't the best but surely they have to have big plans for her anniversary? I can dream...

1 minute ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I know she already has loads of singles on vinyl and thankfully, we have glory on vinyl too but I would love a Rihanna style box set (even if it is over $300!)

I hope so. I know her team isn't the best but surely they have to have big plans for her anniversary? I can dream...

They released TSC for her 10th. I'm sure we're getting another surprise for the 20th.

@Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes But then again that was JIVE. This is RCA now... so we'll have to wait and see. :mattafact:

I have been saying this too but 300 bucks like riri asks, is not worth it. CD has got overall better quality than vinyl, some come even with an slurfing S speach and yet they are more expensive than a CD...

Anyhow if even Xtinas team know how to pull this off, B's team must too....

13 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I have been saying this too but 300 bucks like riri asks, is not worth it. CD has got overall better quality than vinyl, some come even with an slurfing S speach and yet they are more expensive than a CD...

Anyhow if even Xtinas team know how to pull this off, B's team must too....

Most music enthusiasts would disagree with CD sounding better than Vinyl records. 

2 minutes ago, Britneysfreak said:

Most music enthusiasts would disagree with CD sounding better than Vinyl records. 

Not for computerized / manufactured pop music like Britney, Christina, etc.

This isn't a 1960's Elvis master we're talking about here.

It's mainly for trendy and aesthetic purposes now.

6 minutes ago, Britneysfreak said:

Im a fan myself. But the price they ask for vinyl simply is not worth it as the quality often ain't good. Lots of record companies just want to make quick bucks and tend not to check the quality at all. If they did care then it could be awesome but they don't care about the pressing at all. 

Even the boxset of TSC contains misspelled tracks or even missprinted tracklistings, do we trust them to massproduce all her older stuff on vinyl?????? They probably won't even remaster them at all:uknowit:

5 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Im a fan myself. But the price they ask for vinyl simply is not worth it as the quality often ain't good. Lots of record companies just want to make quick bucks and tend not to check the quality at all. If they did care then it could be awesome but they don't care about the pressing at all. 

Even the boxset of TSC contains misspelled tracks or even missprinted tracklistings, do we trust them to massproduce all her older stuff on vinyl?????? They probably won't even remaster them at all:uknowit:

I do agree with you. I bought the Rihanna boxset and the sound isn't great. It's kind of grainy and no doubt this would happen with a Britney boxset too but I would just love it too much to care. And the artwork.... I don't want to spend hundreds on vinyl but I'm dull enough lol.

20 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Not for computerized / manufactured pop music like Britney, Christina, etc.

This isn't a 1960's Elvis master we're talking about here.

It's mainly for trendy and aesthetic purposes now.

A lot of artists regardless of their sound have Vinyl records whether there's studio manipulation or not.

20 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

While I understand, it would be nice in a fan perspective to have her albums on Vinyl to collect. I'm not saying to rush and get them right away though.

I have TSC and while that's true the Femme Fatale DVD/Blu-ray also has a misspelled tracklist so it could just be her label not knowing her stuff as opposed to those in charge of engineering the Vinyls because even TSC as a whole I'd give a B+ to and FF DVD I'd give a plain B only because it's dubbed and pixelated in a few spots.

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I know. But that doesn't mean electropop music sounds superior on vinyls than CD's.

Vinyl has the capacity to hear more of the sound. Granted CDs are clearer in the sense that it's pristine and there's no grain but it's kind of like watching a 30 year old movie on Blu-ray and everyone looking wax because of too much DNR instead of leaving the grain and natural film elements alone because that's what the original negative had. 

I get what you're saying but I'm an old soul I suppose.

Archived