POM 1.0 or 2.0

Michaelgiftos

POM 1.0 or 2.0  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A combination of the two. POM 2.0 was actually well-thought out and had good costumes right after it was first revamped, but all of that seems to have pretty much declined over time. And, it's hardly a greatest hits show at this point since it's missing two of her #1's ("3," "Hold it Against Me"), her biggest radio hit ever ("I Wanna Go,") and most well-known and beloved classics ("Lucky," "Sometimes"). Additionally:

1.0: The entrance was much better. Had the inclusion of (some) of the aforementioned hits on the setlist; less random songs that are either unknown to the public or not even hers (Missy Elliott interlude). The BTI choreography. The water in "Toxic."

2.0: The initial revamped costumes. "Womanizer" dance break, TOMH back walkover. ILRnR; great utilization of a prop and one of few songs that has some element of audience participation. More energy and confidence overall.

2 hours ago, Dripping For Britney said:

The absolute PEAK of POM was when she wore these costumes. The attitude, the energy, the body, the setlist: Iconic 

tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif

tumblr_o2l5m9m7d01qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_o5kypuitXF1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

48 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

A combination of the two. POM 2.0 was actually well-thought out and had good costumes right after it was first revamped, but all of that seems to have pretty much declined over time. And, it's hardly a greatest hits show at this point since it's missing two of her #1's ("3," "Hold it Against Me"), her biggest radio hit ever ("I Wanna Go,") and most well-known and beloved classics ("Lucky," "Sometimes"). Additionally:

1.0: The entrance was much better. Had the inclusion of (some) of the aforementioned hits on the setlist; less random songs that are either unknown to the public or not even hers (Missy Elliott interlude). The BTI choreography. The water in "Toxic."

2.0: The initial revamped costumes. "Womanizer" dance break, TOMH back walkover. ILRnR; great utilization of a prop and one of few songs that has some element of audience participation. More energy and confidence overall.

All of this, but POM 2.0 was really good initially.  :yay:

58 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Wow, I’m surprised how much of a blowout this is. POM 1.0 had a lot more dancing than 2.0, especially in the first few months. Then she cut choreo in Piece Of Me, Break The Ice, Circus, etc.

POM 1.0 had the dancing and the pre-recorded vocals

POM 2.0 had the energy/spark

The original POM had more choreographed sections (that did not suit Britney's body flow), and was more cohesive as a show, and planned out, the different sections were clearer, and all had a specific theme, and was a greatest hits show. The problem was Britney, who appeared only slightly more brightly eyed than she did during Femme Fatale. There was no interaction, no spark, she wasn't in shape. The outfits were questionable at best too, most of which didn't look expensive or thought out and were incredibly simple (the neon leotard, the weird fit circus costume, the ill fated nude two piece, the black jumpsuit she wore for far too long). The staging was made for Britney to own it, which at the time she didn't.

POM 2.0 brought a far more engaged Britney. The original costumes (and through 2016) were more professional looking (the army leotard, the 17 outfit, the black strappy body suit she wore, the punk bra/skirt etc), the worst costumes were no worse than what she had wore before.  The setlist wasn't so much a ''greatest'' hits, as it was a Britney show, but between setlist changes and costume changes that didn't match, the cohesiveness of the show got lost in translation. Charm (and Chase) being made choreographers (and dance captain) were questionable choices, as their choreography had an initial umpph that fizzled fast, due to them being very isolated movements(see the second verse of Gimme More). Either the show's original choreographies (with her current energy), original choreography (or revised versions) or stuff along the lnes of Toxic BBMA's would've worked better. The staging is lacking in comparision as Britney is always in the same place (Center.....for every song.) which reads as lazy.  The choreography has too many mixed styles in songs (MATM, currently has the original Brian Friedman, Squared Division, and Chase dancebreak). The show also suffers from team b not investing enough into it.

The problems in both are that the choreography has always been questionable, Britney suffers from mixed energy levels, and the costuming. The original show was planned out more so that Britney looked more engaged, as opposed to now where she just stands, and bends her knees because no one knows whats going on. However, what's clear now is that Britney is more interested, but has grown bored of this show, and is going through the motions (which isn't surprising after 4 years), and no one really cares anymore

I would like to think that, given her input in glory, and the delivery she gives to big events, that her next era will be better, and given current Britney's levels and abilities, I'm gonna say POM  2.0 is a better sign for things to come and now! 

K tnx bye

Guest $elfish

1.0 cuz the costumes were much better and the set list and the original break the ice choreo that brit cut out:meltdown: also the props

Both of them, the intro of POM 1.0cwas the best cause it had the most memorable moments from Britney's career and it made you feel like it was a celebration of her career. Also the show looked more expensive, it had the water effects, etc. But her energy in POM 2.0 was beyong good

Archived