A Plan for 2018: 20th Year Anniversary of Britney Spears

Kiey

She just needs to post a photo in a schoolgirl outfit on Instagram in HQ with a caption about how it's been 20 years and new music is coming. Instant press. Zero effort.

And then go all out for B10. Four singles, four music videos. On brand POP ANTHEMS, no faux R&B **** that she won't sing live and can't perform convincingly. Don't let fans vote for or have any input in ****. Release every album in a vinyl box set like Rihanna's, world tour and then take a gigantic break until mid 2020s.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I'd like it more if they will do another round like with circus album which was released in 2008 when Britney had a 10 year anniversary and then a year later in 2009 they released the singles collection. I think it would be amazing if she continued her pom show until late 2017, take a little rest, and work on her new album , release it in late 2018 and it better be on another level since it's her 10th, go on a world tour for that album (and this time I hope she chooses the name!!!) and a year later she'll release a box set of all of her singles plus a new single like she did with "3" . but I'm just fantasizing :unreal: 

12 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

Did she care much about BJ and Glory? Will she care that much about B10? Doubt it. 

This is giving eras with 2,3 singles a chance to be more completed 

so now ITZ, BO will have 4 videos while BJ and Glory will have 3 each!

:queenriri:

hmm..... she only started flopping after the vegas residency , she must get out to the world and hear new sounds I dunno , I feel like she's being lazy and in her comfort zone now so she lets (the wrong) people do all the job for her and they screw up , she needs to get a grip on her career finally by being more independent but honestly I don't think it will even happen anymore she's tired of all the bullshit of music industry I guess.....

49 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

She just needs to post a photo in a schoolgirl outfit on Instagram in HQ with a caption about how it's been 20 years and new music is coming. Instant press. Zero effort.

And then go all out for B10. Four singles, four music videos. On brand POP ANTHEMS, no faux R&B **** that she won't sing live and can't perform convincingly. Don't let fans vote for or have any input in ****. Release every album in a vinyl box set like Rihanna's, world tour and then take a gigantic break until mid 2020s.

:ponderney: You realize how old she'll be in mid 2020's right?  :weirdmeout:You also realize that the gp dont think she's been active and doing music for the last ten or so years... :ponderney: So why would a break be good? She only does a little bit of performance with pom a year as it is.....:squintney:

13 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

Maybe not her first three eras

but she is still perfoming BOM TOMH, mentioning Early Mornin and doing Freakshow and Get Naked in POM. 

Still, what's the point of recording videos for old songs? Nobody will care for that and it will be a waste of money. The last thing I want is another video like that BOM one she did last year that was trashy as **** and made her look desperate. I want new music.

9 hours ago, Justney said:

:ponderney: You realize how old she'll be in mid 2020's right?  :weirdmeout:You also realize that the gp dont think she's been active and doing music for the last ten or so years... :ponderney: So why would a break be good? She only does a little bit of performance with pom a year as it is.....:squintney:

The GP doesn't think she's been active for ten years? Wtf? Femme Fatale's SMASH singles, Scream and Shout and Work ***** were 2011-2013. That's five years ago. Britney Jean and Glory are irrelevant but let's not get dramatic.

A break is obvious as her boys will be entering high school and graduating and maybe going to college by mid 2020s. If you think Britney will want to be busy and working during that period, then LOL. 

B10 is the perfect time for her to go all out and then take a break.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:35 PM, Pedro Dantas said:

Plus, those videos would only show to the world how much she's aged, how bad her lip fillers are and how flat her butt is right now. :arianabye:

I'm so ******* tired of you idiot! Get the hell out of this website!

britney_criminal_video.gif

9 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

The GP doesn't think she's been active for ten years? Wtf? Femme Fatale's SMASH singles, Scream and Shout and Work ***** were 2011-2013. That's five years ago. Britney Jean and Glory are irrelevant but let's not get dramatic.

A break is obvious as her boys will be entering high school and graduating and maybe going to college by mid 2020s. If you think Britney will want to be busy and working during that period, then LOL. 

B10 is the perfect time for her to go all out and then take a break.

I mean yeah they were hits but that doesnt mean the gp recognized that those hits were Britney and success doesn't mean long term recognition--it is a fact that most of the GP remember her last hits being from the early 2000's because she had bigger impact on those singles/albums in that era of her career. I, personally, am the only Britney fan of any of my friends ever, and even the ones who liked her only liked her super casually (as GP tend to) and none of them knew any of her songs since Toxic. I'd argue Gimme More and maybe Womanizer even but they are pretty oblivious to any of her hits since then. Scream and Shout is Will.I.Am's song. I dont know why everyone tries to make it about Britney, she's just a generic woman feature doing a British accent for most of her parts and she's barely in it really. It could have been Fergie on a BEP's track for all anyone cared (obviously they said It's Britney ***** but a lot of people didn't even know it was HER).  I know her albums and singles were a success especially compared to her last two albums but it is very unfortunate that a lot of things revolving around her personal life made her career more or less invisible to the general public.

I strongly disagree with your opinion that she needs or should take a break after B10. That would actually be the opposite of a good thing for her career. As it is, she makes more "comebacks" than a freshfaced Kpop band does in a year--where every new thing she does is a comeback. So if she lead strongly with B10, which she should definitely do, reinvent her brand, establish her passion for her work and performance once more then it would be more ideal to follow up with an equally as strong era...or she'll disappear and her brand and career will keep weakening every time she pops back up to make another weak "comeback". Having this residency was an equivalent of a break tbh... she was still working and had to keep her name as relevant as possible but she wasn't really a pop star during this time. She didn't do tours, she didn't promote very much until this last year and she was able to have a very stable time with her boys.

I dont really know what you mean by her boys going to highschool/college being a reason she wouldn't want to work or keep busy.... if anything she's more busy now being a semi soccer mom to two kids who aren't as independently minded as teens or young adults. They will grow, they will want to date, have friends, explore their own creative outlets probably.. she isnt going to be sitting around waiting for them 24/7 just because they might have soccer practices she'll want to go to and some beginning and end year counselor meetings she'll be involved in (with Kevin might I add, since the boys have two parental households they go between)...she already does that now. I'm just saying that career wise, a break would be suicidal (career suicide). She is not getting any younger, you realize, and she is only going to be this young and have this energy now... let's face it, her energy has gone downhill over the last ten years compared to other women who perform at her age, and there is nothing that says she can't perform as she grows a lot older, of course she can, but right now is going to be her last youthful peak until she hits 40-mid forties and from there....I don't know but she should absolutely make the best of her years now and not put off and wait until shes nearly 50 to make yet another comeback to the GP.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:27 PM, AndrejBLV said:

The idea of new MVs for biggest hits is not bad, but I would not recreate new MVs for already iconic videos. 

It would be better if she record acoustic MVs, simple videos where she would sing live with her band in the studio.

Maybe they can invite duo 2Celios to help her create new acoustic versions.

I think she will gain some extra respect from gp and her fan base.

acoustic MVs will also be super good, but if she's gonna do that she might as well pick Glory songs

Archived