Beautiful BOMT Cover

hleeeee

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna get dragged for saying this, but here goes...

Am the only one that is 250% over these "I sing like I'm so sad and emotional" whiny male singers? I hate to say it, but I feel like female singers offer so much more variety in terms of vocal styling. Meanwhile, all these guys out there sing like they're trying to emulate the 90's boy band sound which was cute, but let's be honest, that style of singing gets old. Where are the full voices? Where are the male power singers? Everyone just sounds so whiny. Bieber, Mendes, Zayn, etc. they could seriously all sing the same song and it would sound the same.

I know I'm gonna get dragged, but am I alone here?

8 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Am the only one that is 250% over these "I sing like I'm so sad and emotional" whiny male singers? I hate to say it, but I feel like female singers offer so much more variety in terms of vocal styling. Meanwhile, all these guys out there sing like they're trying to emulate the 90's boy band sound which was cute, but let's be honest, that style of singing gets old. Where are the full voices? Where are the male power singers? Everyone just sounds so whiny. Bieber, Mendes, Zayn, etc. they could seriously all sing the same song and it would sound the same.

IA completely.....especially the highlighted part. Its so much different with female singers. You can differentiate between Britney singing, Ariana Grande singing or Madonna singing. Its all the same with Mendes, Bieber and all other new male singers.....

3 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

ik What you mean gurl im not a fan of whiny male voices, Ne-Yo is like THE poster boy for that. :awkblink: Ricky Martin and John Legend might be the only mainstream singers i can think of rn. Maybe Bruno Mars cause he has power to his voice. Most of the male singers i listen to are non english singers lol

This was kinda cute tbh, but a lil Z.Z

2 minutes ago, (IDont)KnowU said:

ik What you mean gurl im not a fan of whiny male voices, Ne-Yo is like THE poster boy for that. :awkblink: Ricky Martin and John Legend might be the only mainstream singers i can think of rn. Maybe Bruno Mars cause he has power to his voice. Most of the male singers i listen to are non english singers lol

This was kinda cute tbh, but a lil Z.Z

Exactly, it's sad because the few male singers I can think of that have different voices aren't even that popular (in the states anyway). Michael Buble, Ricky Martin, John Legend are good examples.

It's just this sitting around the campfire with a guitar music craze that's breeding this faux singers. Yes, I called them faux singers because underneath it all, there's nothing that special about them.

1 minute ago, GypsyWoman said:

Exactly, it's sad because the few male singers I can think of that have different voices aren't even that popular (in the states anyway). Michael Buble, Ricky Martin, John Legend are good examples.

It's just this sitting around the campfire with a guitar music craze that's breeding this faux singers. Yes, I called them faux singers because underneath it all, there's nothing that special about them.

I think teen girls love that whiny still not done with puberty sound TBH. I usually find the best male vocalist come from the UK now, if u want powerful vocals.

2 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

You should listen to male artists from other genres. Male dance / pop artists these days are very bland compared to the girls. Try checking out more Rock / Alternative / Alt-Pop artists like Marilyn Manson, Prince, Gorillaz, Fall Out Boy, 5 Seconds of Summer, John Newman, etc.

2 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

You won't get dragged, I agree. Especially me... I love me some real men, but all the male stuff out there are just a bunch of ******* if you ask me.

BTW: i think this approach is not original. Everyone is making these type of covers of songs. They probably all have Tumblrs.

30 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You should listen to male artists from other genres. Male dance / pop artists these days are very bland compared to the girls. Try checking out more Rock / Alternative / Alt-Pop artists like Marilyn Manson, Prince, Gorillaz, Fall Out Boy, 5 Seconds of Summer, John Newman, etc.

You know who I love? Chris Cornell!

Archived