The Make Me video would not have been as bad if...

neonxangel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah another vanity shoot video would've been lame. The narrative just didn't fit the song whatsoever. You could tell it was rushed and it looked cheap. The concept made the video inevitably cheesy but it's not like it hasn't been done before 

except the BSB video doesn't take itself too seriously and tries for the 'ironically cheesy' vibe. MM was just cringe-inducing right from the opening scene and dialogue. It was a disaster of a combination of the wrong concept for the song, and terrible execution - a great song ruined by a horrific music video

2 hours ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

Nah another vanity shoot video would've been lame. The narrative just didn't fit the song whatsoever. You could tell it was rushed and it looked cheap. The concept made the video inevitably cheesy but it's not like it hasn't been done before 

except the BSB video doesn't take itself too seriously and tries for the 'ironically cheesy' vibe. MM was just cringe-inducing right from the opening scene and dialogue. It was a disaster of a combination of the wrong concept for the song, and terrible execution - a great song ruined by a horrific music video

Yeah, also the cheesy BSB song matched the cheesy video!!

Whereas MM is a serious and sensual song! How could they have ever think that, a mess of try-funny crap would match the song! From what I've seen from the Original MM video, it would have been an absolute mis-match to the song as well (apart from the dance scenes), may I add! They really needed the quality, vision and workmanship that Colin Tilly brought to the table! 

But the top 3 things that ruined MM video for me:

3; Clapping and Cheering and Gigglin! *****, shaaat aaaap! That's enough outta you!

2; Cringeworthily obvious product placements. All 25 of them...

1; The cameo by

313493.jpg

Archived