Is it 1999 again?

Pp35

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Maybe they trigger bad memories? Because it's like she is trying to distract herself from the song (rather than feeling it) when she is lipsyncing..

In a way, that could be said for almost all of the songs she's performing. It's as if she's always on the verge of feeling it, but doesn't quite allow herself to "go there."

The only times she does "go there" are the moments that fans seize on and turn into gifs...One day we may get a full performance of her going there, and fans are going to absolutely lose their minds. :blol: 

8 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

In a way, that could be said for almost all of the songs she's performing. It's as if she's always on the verge of feeling it, but doesn't quite allow herself to "go there."

The only times she does "go there" are the moments that fans seize on and turn into gifs...One day we may get a full performance of her going there, and fans are going to absolutely lose their minds. :blol: 

Let's be real after her prime she fell out in a different world, rihanna and beyonce are still in their "prime" they are hungry. Now new songs excite Britney you can see it. 

3 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Let's be real after her prime she fell out in a different world, rihanna and beyonce are still in their "prime" they are hungry. 

I still think there's a chance that hunger will return. She just needs to be in the right headspace for it.

For an example...I just completed my Masters in May, and for the last six months have felt so mentally burnt out that I'm just now starting to feel my ambition return. Can you imagine being Britney and working non-stop from such a young age, for so many years? At a certain point it's like she just mentally crashed, and needed a nice long break from "not caring" so she could recover.

She's such a head strong person...I'm hoping once she feels she has enough freedom to take her career by the horns that she'll start to feel proud of her past work again.

6 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I still think there's a chance that hunger will return. She just needs to be in the right headspace for it.

For an example...I just completed my Masters in May, and for the last six months have felt so mentally burnt out that I'm just now starting to feel my ambition return. Can you imagine being Britney and working non-stop from such a young age, for so many years? At a certain point it's like she just mentally crashed, and needed a nice long break from "not caring" so she could recover.

She's such a head strong person...I'm hoping once she feels she has enough freedom to take her career by the horns that she'll start to feel proud of her past work again.

She will get there but she won't be hungry like that ever again. No one can, for example even Madonna can't go back to her prime..but she will reach a good position soon that we will hopefully call Prime 2.0. Also she is more driven to get pregnant again than to sell cds now. 

1 minute ago, WootsWow said:

Definitely isn't ashmed of her past work when she can lip synch to 1998 vocal:quirkney:

Ha ha. Totally get your point. :ricackle:

I don't know...If she was truly proud of it I feel like she'd want to do it justice and perform it the way it should be performed. The same goes for all of her songs. I feel like right now Slave, TOMH and BOM are maybe the only performances that truly capture the spirit of the song. And maybe Toxic, when she's up in the tree. :idkney:

7 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

She will get there but she won't be hungry like that ever again. No one can, for example even Madonna can't go back to her prime..but she will reach a good position soon that we will hopefully call Prime 2.0. Also she is more driven to get pregnant again than to sell cds now. 

Yes, I'm hoping she gets to the spot where Madonna is now (and has always been) -- having true pride, putting out quality albums (let's just ignore MDNA), still giving it her all on stage even if it means pairing semi-live vocals with simplified choreo, and just truly connecting with fans. She's already there with the new music, and almost there with the fan connections (if not already there), so it's just the performances and the overall sense of "being in control" that's missing.

3 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

Maybe they trigger bad memories? Because it's like she is trying to distract herself from the song (rather than feeling it) when she is lipsyncing..

Nah I think it is because she feels awkward lip syncing to her own voice I know some people that sing and whenever they hear their own voice they feel awkward, let alone lip syncing to your own voice 

Archived