Honest Question - How do you feel watching this?

MaPlayz

10 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

That's part of what I mean, though. That is the confidence/attitude I'm referring to; you can see her having to remember the steps despite being well rehearsed, whereas it used to be something that came naturally to her because of what you and others said, she was feeling the music. I know she's not anymore.

Also I feel like the reason live singing matters now is she used to connect to the audience with her dancing/attitude  but now she is disconnected completely from the audience. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PieceofBritney said:

Also I feel like the reason live singing is matters now is she used to connect to the audience with her dancing/attitude  but now she is disconnected completely from the audience. 

Exactly. But instead of addressing the problem we get the first handful of songs with pre-recorded vocals and the rest the studio vocals, with the older ones pitched up even higher now. :embarrassney: There is a very serious disconnect, undoubtedly.

'You never know what you've got till it's gone.' It seems with every phase Brit goes thru, we mourn her last incarnation. Kinda how I feel every time the Doctor regenerates! Hate the new, miss the old, the cycle repeats every time! Except the ninth Doctor.. didn't care for him too much.. 

5 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Exactly. But instead of addressing the problem we get the first handful of songs with pre-recorded vocals and the rest the studio vocals, with the older ones pitched up even higher now. :embarrassney: There is a very serious disconnect, undoubtedly.

Do you want to come over performance after an old song...really? She sounds 100% different. Like she is lipping to someone else's song. 

Guest ErJ Spears

After watching it, I really do miss that Britney...

That ''bad *****'' attitude, those moves... That Britney face.. It's just sad :otears:

Maybe she's in a better place rn, wish her luck, but I really do miss her old self :otears:

58 minutes ago, kasavas said:

Honestly? You ******* can downvote the **** out of me but imma be honest. :donewithit:

I feel like that screams Britney. Her face is real Britney and I miss that because she looks absolutely gorgeous now, but she doesn't look like Britney. 

Now y'all will be like "enough with the nose, the lips and the eyelift, she looks perfect"

She does look awesome, yes. But you can't deny the fact that she's another person, and in my opinion all she needed was bottox and to lose some weight and she'd look like primeney again. Take VMAs 2011 or x factor live shows as an example.

I can also accept, and be happy with the fact that her body looks flawless, her best body since 2003 tbh.

And I'm also happy with the fact that she dances really good.

But, what she misses is...this. This video. :rude2me:

The attitude, the fierceness. These are the things she doesn't have and she needs to bring back. 

When I'm watching videos from back then, she wasn't dancing as good as she does now, but I'm always like

"***** IS FEELING IT". :sobbing:

Now I'm like "Will she dance good? Will she give us sexiness? Will she be fierce? Will she miss that part?" 

I just... I'm truly grateful for her now, but I miss this. I feel like, she's so much better as a performer compared to 2011 but compared to that? I just don't know. She's a better dancer for sure, and she has a better body. But that's all. :mhm:

But, I'm so so so so much happy that she's clearly very happier now than she was back then. 

I even feel like she lipsynced better here than she does today..

Back then she knew how to put on a show

how to entertain people

it didn't matter whether the choreography is good or not 

:nothavingit:

now she is just following the shitty choreography 

she counts her steps

she repeats the same move over and over again 

you can't even compare POM to Circus 

I love this video.

I love the Circus era overall. 

Circus Tour was the best theatricals how she has ever done. THIS is something you bring to Vegas

7 minutes ago, Kuzco said:

That is the Britney that i fell in love with :otears:

literally me

i became a fan during this era

3 minutes ago, Kuzco said:

Back then she knew how to put on a show

how to entertain people

it didn't matter whether the choreography is good or not 

:nothavingit:

now she is just following the shitty choreography 

she counts her steps

she repeats the same move over and over again 

you can't even compare POM to Circus 

The best tour (not the best Britney, which is Onyxney).. the best POM performance... the best metaphor/analogy behind a performance (the prison she lives for being her, and no one can see this cause it's a golden cage, and she has a fierce attitude while inside the cage/prison of entertaining people wanting a "piece of her", then she gets out the cage/prison of entertain people by showing what they what to see from her, and just sits at the top and has a "I'm just gonna sit here, I don't care, deal with it attitude").... she is gorgeous... but its history now.... lets deal with it... and deal with currentney.. that has been improving for a while... but... bow down to Circusney...

:donewithit:

3 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Why did we think she has no fire in here back then?

She was really hit and miss back then. She only really gave it on a few nights.

I saw her on the opening night of the second North American leg and she seemed like a cardboard cutout at times. She really wasn't feeling it much that night at all.

Archived