Why do you like Slumber Party?

PerfumeGuy

1 hour ago, SelcukSercan said:

I love Slumber Party bcause it gives me vibes of early 2000's r'n'b songs... it sounds very modern but still got that extra thing... 
that "we got them candles hangin'... hangin' from the ceiling low..." part gives me chills and of course that saxophone in the background...
yeah so it's a mix of Caribbean, R'n'B and Urban style.. :thirsty:

This. The song is so 90's - 00's yet at the same time it sounds so current and different. With Better or LMD, Britney will never change the music scene - she just follow, but with Slumber Party, she's definitely a game changer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QuitmanDJ said:

It's so different for Britney. Her voice is so **** and it carries through the song well without it being too overbearing and try hard. It fits in with today's sound but also sets itself apart. This song could be a trendsetter on the radio for fall because nothing really sounds like it? I love it.

This, basically.

2 hours ago, RafaelSpears said:

This. The song is so 90's - 00's yet at the same time it sounds so current and different. With Better or LMD, Britney will never change the music scene - she just follow, but with Slumber Party, she's definitely a game changer.

game changer? I can't point out exactly what, because I really don't listen to that kind of music, but I'm sure I've listened something like that in these past years. Probably something like Magic! or so.

In order to be a game changer, it should be something completely different, and the only songs I find totally different from the current scene, are DYWCO, MOTM, IID, probably Just Like Me, but even when I like them, I don't think any of the tracks are strong enough to be come a "game changer".

She could only start a new trend if she worked with producers from other parts of the world, or at least not what all the other artists have been working with lately; or if she worked with Max Martin again, they can always cook a new, catchy, trendy sound :mhm:.

It's extremely current and modern yet has a little bit of a sound from the early 2000s. Just the right amount though so it just hits you with a little bit of nostalgia instead of seeming like it's trying to recreate the past. It's very chill but still catchy which is rare for a more low tempo song. I love the production of the song and I love her voice. I love the lyrics. It's **** without being trashy or gross. .

None of my friends liked it when I forced them to listen to Glory. They didn't hate it but they didn't speak out, like they did with Better/LMD/IID/MR

I was hyped for slumber party since it was rumoured in like April because the title, and then I remember when it was "confirmed" someone said, "It sounds like it will be a filler track" in August when the track list was officially released. 

Boy were they wrong. Also the title will gain some attention with the GP and it has a slight hotline bling sound to it

So good so good so damn so good so right so good so damn so good:saycheese:

jk,its fresh and has tropical vibes, also the last chorus (its not repetitive as LMD or JLM) and the adlibs are HEAVEN. The lyrics and really good! And its a trend that britney has never been used to, so it fits really well

Archived