Her 1st week sales compared to other current Pop Girls...

CharlieBlue8

People like to say that Glory flopped or that she's not as relevant in general as the other pop girls on the scene today.  Comparing each artists last album or current single let's see if they're right or wrong.

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman : 175,000

Rihanna - Anti : 166,000

Katy Perry - Rise : 137,000

Selena Gomez - Revival : 117,000

Britney Spears - Glory : 111,000 

Meghan Trainor - Thank You : 107,000

Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion : 100,000

Demi Lovato - Confident: 98,000

Gwen Stefani - This is What the Truth Feels Like : 84,000

Sia - This is Acting : 81,000

Fifth Harmony - 7/17 : 74,000

*Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele are all in their own category as there numbers are so far from any of the other artists.

WRONG.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue is not that people think it flopped compard to current pop girls. It's that she belongs in that Beyoncé Justin Timberlake category of selling minimum 500k debut. There is no reason someone of her caliber should be selling anything less.

The name Britney Spears is synonymous with pop music and to see it have such a low impact these days is very alarming.  

The problem not was the first week sales, I expect that after Make Me Underperform and the Shitty worst Music Video of her entire career. The problem is the followings weeks, Glory is dead almost out of the BB200 in less of 2 months meanwhile other albums have much better longevity. 

21 minutes ago, claug326 said:

The issue is not that people think it flopped compard to current pop girls. It's that she belongs in that Beyoncé Justin Timberlake category of selling minimum 500k debut. There is no reason someone of her caliber should be selling anything less.

The name Britney Spears is synonymous with pop music and to see it have such a low impact these days is very alarming.  

This is true, Britney was always a Album seller artist, now she is NOT a album seller artist, or even not a single seller artist. 

Glory right now is a Flop, not because the firsts week, it's because the chart run, the sales, the streaming, you can't denied the album it's amazing but right now the whole project it's a Flop since the release of the Music Video.

1 minute ago, Hypnotherapy said:

It's not first week sales that's an issue. We know Britney has a strong fanbase and we will get behind her for the initial push. It's the fact that she's almost out of the top 200 just over a month in. There is next to no interest from the GP. 

All of these albums currently outrank glory and make me.

Exactly! 

2 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Y'all need a lesson on when to be positive and supportive of your artist.  No one wonder she "flopped".

We can't keep buying it every week to avoid its freefall on the charts, I mean a lot of fans are still streaming but obvs the fanbase is not that big.. :boredashell: 

OT: Why do you always write your posts in big letters as in you want to be noticed so bad?   :bgrin:

7 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

The fact that you're comparing ******* Britney Spears with Demi Lovato says a lot 

:(

THIS! 

Britney until 2011 was a Album Seller Artist, I mean she even sold the same of Beyonce on 2011 even when her album leaked 1 month before the release date (Femme Fatale) .

15 minutes ago, GetBack98 said:

We can't keep buying it every week to avoid its freefall on the charts, I mean a lot of fans are still streaming but obvs the fanbase is not that big.. :boredashell: 

OT: Why do you always write your posts in big letters as in you want to be noticed so bad?   :bgrin:

If you're all so unhappy.  

LEAVE.

11 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

THIS! 

Britney until 2011 was a Album Seller Artist, I mean she even sold the same of Beyonce on 2011 even when her album leaked 1 month before the release date (Femme Fatale) .

yes, but that was five years ago... 

I feel like only her fanbase is supporting her and that's frustrating considering the fact that a shitty artist like Sia gets credit all the time. She's seen as some deep and powerful act when in reality her songs are about partying, dollar bills and rejects from rihanna, demi lovato and katy perry! 

4 minutes ago, Style. said:

I feel like only her fanbase is supporting her and that's frustrating considering the fact that a shitty artist like Sia gets credit all the time. She's seen as some deep and powerful act when in reality her songs are about partying, dollar bills and rejects from rihanna, demi lovato and katy perry! 

Right? Like I don't see how her album full of rejects from others is deep and meaningful. No, these songs aren't even special to Sia. Girl just proved that ppl would buy even reject leftover songs. 

23 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

If you're all so unhappy.  

LEAVE.

Or we can brainstorm about what's going wrong and try to vocalize them in hopes we are heard. Not that every idea here is going to be golden, but extreme on either end of constant bitching or applauding mediocrity isnt going to help. 

Oh and I second we stop telling this forum to buy the album when I'm certain almost all of you did and various times even. 

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

That it's because her Team. All the GP thinks she is retired on her Vegas Show and the Fanbase was so damage after Britney Jean & Pretty Girls, they released Make Me and the promotion came 1 month later seriously? They need promote the damn song since the day 1. They hyped the fanbase with a iconic Director like David LaChapelle (all the people expecting finally a GOOD music video after Perfume & Pretty Girls) and they scrapped and film a rushed $100 music video. 

Britney always was a Visual Artist in more way that Beyonce is now today, but she not delivered a good music video since Work *****

The promotion for Make Me came 1 month after the HUGE Meltdown and they hyped again the fanbase with the VMAs and they decided it was a good idea a CHEAP production with just a White backdrop with shades. The GP don't care about Glory and Make Me because the Visuals are BAD and the performance are BASIC. 

She was the Queen of the VMAs and the GP was excited about see her again, but she don't delivered and Beyonce made the show her own. 

Dont expect the GP cares about Britney when the performances for the Glory songs are basic (Work ***** performance >>>>>>>>>>>> Make Me Performance) and the visuals are ****

Archived