Was the 2006/2007 Britney paparazzi craze the worst its been for any artist in history?

greenbear89

12 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

While the world and the media and everyone else was making fun of her like she's some kind of amusement, I remember the fans were on the edge of the seats, hoping that she would get better.

She was so lonely. The media turned on her. Many fans boycotted her album and stopped supporting her. And she was estranged from her family.

She had no one but users who claimed to be her so-called "friends"

The only thing that kept her going were her sons but because of the custody battle and everything.... 

But that's all behind us. I'm so happy she's doing so much better now! :) 

It's so sad to remember, I think also because I'm Australian - like it all definitely made the news here but I think it would have been much bigger over in the US - and because I didn't really follow celeb sites to get all the updates etc. I didn't realise how scary/serious it all was. In a way I'm kinda glad I wasn't a hard core stan following everything then because it would have been awful, scary and heart breaking. But yes you're right, so happy she's so much better now! :) Like Pink said, Britney deserves the world! 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think she might have been - there were so many crazy articles about entire magazines being supported off the revenue they made from Britney Spears pictures. I'm not sure of the specifics but whoever got the Britney shaving her head pics got INSANE amounts of $$$$$$$. There were reports of paparazzi running red lights and speeding after her. It was really bad. Not to mention she was the most googled search term WW for a few years. I think people forget how insane that time was for Britney. She may have been for famous than she was at any other time in her career, but not in a good way. 

23 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

I actually think she might have been - there were so many crazy articles about entire magazines being supported off the revenue they made from Britney Spears pictures. I'm not sure of the specifics but whoever got the Britney shaving her head pics got INSANE amounts of $$$$$$$. There were reports of paparazzi running red lights and speeding after her. It was really bad. Not to mention she was the most googled search term WW for a few years. I think people forget how insane that time was for Britney. She may have been for famous than she was at any other time in her career, but not in a good way. 

:mhm:

Thinking back to that time in her life gives me anxiety and stresses me the **** out, so I can't even imagine how awful it was for her.  The fact that she persevered and still comes across like such a happy, well-adjusted, positive person is a real testament to her strength. :tifftear:

Archived