Was the 2006/2007 Britney paparazzi craze the worst its been for any artist in history?

greenbear89

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

This tbh. When social media started to rise. Youtube and everything else. And tabloid papers and magazines were selling like hot cakes and they were capitalizing on Britney. I remember in 2007, Pix and stories of Britney by the papz and the media made up a large part of the US economy that year. Which was both crazy and sad. 

I remember one magazine said that britney made up about 30% of their profits!!!

On 13.10.2016 at 7:02 AM, Mohd93 said:

Nobody (except MJ and maybe Marylin Monroe) got this level of attention from the paparazzi. Her situation was so horrible that it's legendary. They have become a HUGE part of her everyday life at the time.

I hate it when people say "she shouldn't have chosen to be famous if she can't handle it". She chose to sing and dance (what she loves to do), not to be famous and be stalked 24/7. Everybody is acting like all A-list celebs are getting the level of attention and pressure from the media that Britney got. 

SO TRUE!!! :gobaby:

3 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

WHAT?! OMG I didn't know that, that is truly sick! Far out...and people still make fun today of 2007. I don't know what is wrong with people honestly!

Yes they did! I remember feeling so sick to my stomach, and really scared when I found that out... They compared her situation to Princess Diana's at some point and that her erratic behaviors, the constant scrutiny from the media, and the constant chase by a crazy load of papz, etc would end up with her in a tragic death. 2007 was a really tough time for Britney and her fans tbh. :brityeah:

That's why those who stayed by her from the beginning, and especially through 2007, are her best fans tbh (imo). `cause we know her, what's she really been through, and we are just so thankful that she's doing so great right now.
Being #1 and having millions of albums sold is great and all but personally, I seriously don't care about that anymore, at this point in her career. All that matters is that she's doing what she loves and is happy.  And I'm sooooo thankful she's still making music and performing despite what she's been through. She's such an inspiration. :gobaby:

So when fans get annoyed with her lack of energy, lipsyncing, etc. I'm like, whatever, she's still alive and makes music for us. 

6 minutes ago, ifuseekari said:

Yes they did! I remember feeling so sick to my stomach, and really scared when I found that out... They compared her situation to Princess Diana's at some point and that her erratic behaviors, the constant scrutiny from the media, and the constant chase by a crazy load of papz, etc would end up with her in a tragic death. 2007 was a really tough time for Britney and her fans tbh. :brityeah:

That's why those who stayed by her from the beginning, and especially through 2007, are her best fans tbh (imo). `cause we know her, what's she really been through, and we are just so thankful that she's doing so great right now.
Being #1 and having millions of albums sold is great and all but personally, I seriously don't care about that anymore, at this point in her career. All that matters is that she's doing what she loves and is happy.  And I'm sooooo thankful she's still making music and performing despite what she's been through. She's such an inspiration. :gobaby:

So when fans get annoyed with her lack of energy, lipsyncing, etc. I'm like, whatever, she's still alive and makes music for us. 

This post is everything! Love you for this! :otears:

13 hours ago, ifuseekari said:

Man that is so f--ked up. I've always been a fan but I didn't follow everything really closely during that time. I remember loving Blackout and of course remember all the bad stuff happening but I think because I was younger I didn't appreciate how f--ked up it all really was. Now that I'm older and just think of all the s--t she had to go through with the world watching and basically laughing about it...it's so messed up :wontcry:

Agree 1000% I don't care about her being number 1 and all that sorta stuff now, just want her to be happy :) 

i dont think Lindsay's was comparable - i heard she said, she aspired to have the same paparazzi notoriety as britney's back in the day - it wasnt that bad if she had wanted it herself - britney didnt

Justin, Kim - their occupation is actually publicity - although i felt really bad about Kim on the recent events of media making fun of her incident

MJ, Marilyn - that's the only ones comparable to britney's. but def britney had it worse. they hounded her at the worst time of her personal life

On 10/15/2016 at 0:40 PM, Slave4Brit88 said:

Man that is so f--ked up. I've always been a fan but I didn't follow everything really closely during that time. I remember loving Blackout and of course remember all the bad stuff happening but I think because I was younger I didn't appreciate how f--ked up it all really was. Now that I'm older and just think of all the s--t she had to go through with the world watching and basically laughing about it...it's so messed up :wontcry:

Agree 1000% I don't care about her being number 1 and all that sorta stuff now, just want her to be happy :) 

While the world and the media and everyone else was making fun of her like she's some kind of amusement, I remember the fans were on the edge of the seats, hoping that she would get better.

She was so lonely. The media turned on her. Many fans boycotted her album and stopped supporting her. And she was estranged from her family.

She had no one but users who claimed to be her so-called "friends"

The only thing that kept her going were her sons but because of the custody battle and everything.... 

But that's all behind us. I'm so happy she's doing so much better now! :) 

Archived