Is Glory really dead? - Updated Sales

iZacaree

On 05/10/2016 at 9:14 AM, Scrappy said:

I think Britney has lost her spark. She's watered down her routines, disappointing die-hard fans, and taken out heavy choreography altogether in favor of armography. Post breakdown, that was fine and acceptable because folks figured she'd need something easier. But seeing how healthy she is, it just comes across as lazy, uninspired, and talentless. If she doesn't sing and she doesn't dance, and her performances are mediocre at best, and all her noticeable facial features that made her cute and unique have been shaved off/botoxed to death, what exactly is her allure? A pretty, plastic-faced blonde who flails her arms around just doesn't cut it. I mean, that was basically her competition back in the day and look where they are now.

Glory didn't stand a chance, and I would argue it has nothing to do  with Piece of Me so much as Britney just isn't stepping up her routines and making them memorable as before. They're boring and one looks the same as every other. I mean, when the highlight of a performance is an assisted back walk-over, you know it's not a good day to be a Britney fan.  This Britney would never have made it back in the day and nostalgia will only keep her memory alive so long. By the GPs reaction, her star has already faded.

IA, I also don´t get why people freak out saying "OMG SHE´S BACK" over a few performances where she kinda steps it up for 15 seconds during a mini dance break, when the remaning of the performance overall is pure laziness

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, iZacaree said:

:lanacackle:

You need to book an appointment with a priest to undergo an exorcism if you think any of those songs are even a fraction as iconic as Toxic was/is.

Bibidi, Babidi, Boo *****... get that blasphemous **** off of this thread please.

tumblr_mxf9j0MRri1qfrjqwo1_250.gif

bye.

2 hours ago, iZacaree said:

:lanacackle:

You need to book an appointment with a priest to undergo an exorcism if you think any of those songs are even a fraction as iconic as Toxic was/is.

Bibidi, Babidi, Boo *****... get that blasphemous **** off of this thread please.

Omg I'm bibidi babidi slayed by this post. 

:shadelaugh:

On 10/11/2016 at 4:31 PM, joey4228 said:

Well I think Shawn Mendes, Selena Gomez etc are promoted very well but they don't sell a lot of albums either. It's all about streaming and album sales will only get worse and worse. Till a point they stop selling albums completely. 

Yea, but they're still being played on the radio... "Make Me..." was/is nowhere to be found.

23 hours ago, soeffnperf said:

Omg I'm bibidi babidi slayed by this post. 

:shadelaugh:

:bwink:

This wouldn't happen if their main focus would remain in promoting Glory. They are doing new music to renew POM but still they aren't doing it so she is becoming a Greatest Hits performer... :(

Vegas is their focus so yeah, let's keep the legendary miss Brinny performing her old hits is what their team must be saying...

:leaving:

Instead of trying to do perfect strategies to grant her new hits that are radio and GP friendly (Glory is full of that so I don't know what is going on) :omg:

It´s weird tho because in her promo performances she has been promoting her older hits more (POM) I don´t know what their original strategy was or if there was any, but they clearly haven´t been generating any buzz for Glory at all other than saying she released it and she´s proud of it. But she has barely talked about it or anything. I think something happened backstage that we don´t know and they kind of killed the album or something :bthink:

On 10/5/2016 at 7:14 AM, Scrappy said:

I think Britney has lost her spark. She's watered down her routines, disappointing die-hard fans, and taken out heavy choreography altogether in favor of armography. Post breakdown, that was fine and acceptable because folks figured she'd need something easier. But seeing how healthy she is, it just comes across as lazy, uninspired, and talentless. If she doesn't sing and she doesn't dance, and her performances are mediocre at best, and all her noticeable facial features that made her cute and unique have been shaved off/botoxed to death, what exactly is her allure? A pretty, plastic-faced blonde who flails her arms around just doesn't cut it. I mean, that was basically her competition back in the day and look where they are now.

Glory didn't stand a chance, and I would argue it has nothing to do  with Piece of Me so much as Britney just isn't stepping up her routines and making them memorable as before. They're boring and one looks the same as every other. I mean, when the highlight of a performance is an assisted back walk-over, you know it's not a good day to be a Britney fan.  This Britney would never have made it back in the day and nostalgia will only keep her memory alive so long. By the GPs reaction, her star has already faded.

Agreed

50 minutes ago, Jite91 said:

It´s weird tho because in her promo performances she has been promoting her older hits more (POM) I don´t know what their original strategy was or if there was any, but they clearly haven´t been generating any buzz for Glory at all other than saying she released it and she´s proud of it. But she has barely talked about it or anything. I think something happened backstage that we don´t know and they kind of killed the album or something :bthink:

All this era it's a mess since:

They release the Make Me MV (that killed any chance of the song) 

Larry thinking it was a good idea perform in the VMAs with just a $100 production for her Comeback in that show. 

3 hours ago, PBoy said:

At this point there is no ''Glory'' and not having a second single at such time, shows zero interest from them and Britney

Can't wait for the next POM dates :britstare11:

Pretty much. This album has zero buzz and it didn't generate any hits or any waves of any kind in the pop world. 

Archived