Is Glory really dead? - Updated Sales

iZacaree

3 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

In the U.S. Glory has only sold around 105,000 - 110,000 copies (in pure sales), if that... maybe a little more with SPS. Right now it's fallen down to #138 on the Billboard 200 chart, and it's nowhere to be seen on the iTunes top 150 or any of the HDD building album sales charts. It's probably not even selling 1,000 copies per week at this point. Basically, it's dead - from a sales standpoint, and no one is talking about it anymore.

aren't those the first week sales? holy **** this is such a mess... she really lost her star power. it happens to every artist, i guess. at least i can still enjoy all of her eight albums (BOMT to BJ). 

also, nobody is talking about it anymore because nobody was talking about it from the start lmao. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glory is a GREAT album. It is just reflection fo the last two eras (two ultra generic albums, the lethargic behavior on x factor and britney playing dumb most of the times). Nowadays, people want to conect with the artist and it's gonna take a lot of work for her to sell at least a little more. (oh. and you all want her to succeed on charts, but defend her lipsync...)

The problem is dat she isnt promoting Glory.. she is promoting las vegas residency and make me..

If her team and her are a ******* mess and arent able to think properly this is what happns, cos instead of performing toxic, baby etc.. on iheart radio, Itunes festival etc.. she would perform Slumber party, love me down, if im dancing, I mean GLORY songs the things probably would be different..

2 hours ago, david lachapelle said:

aren't those the first week sales? holy **** this is such a mess... she really lost her star power. it happens to every artist, i guess. at least i can still enjoy all of her eight albums (BOMT to BJ). 

also, nobody is talking about it anymore because nobody was talking about it from the start lmao. 

I was talking about the pure album sales, not the sales plus streaming. The pure album sales for the first week were around 88,000. The album declined really fast after that - only selling a couple thousand a week, until now. It's not even selling 1K anymore. If you add it all together, you can estimate that the album has currently only sold about 105,000 copies (not counting streaming) since it's release. And even that is being somewhat generous.

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Glory is a GREAT album. It is just reflection fo the last two eras (two ultra generic albums, the lethargic behavior on x factor and britney playing dumb most of the times). Nowadays, people want to conect with the artist and it's gonna take a lot of work for her to sell at least a little more. (oh. and you all want her to succeed on charts, but defend her lipsync...)

I'm definitely not defending her lip-syncing. In all honesty, she's in the wrong line of work if she's too scared to sing live - even some of the time.

On 10/8/2016 at 10:39 AM, Maryy said:

Hard To Forget Ya

Change Your Mind

Do You Wanna Come Over?

:queenflopga:

:lanacackle:

You need to book an appointment with a priest to undergo an exorcism if you think any of those songs are even a fraction as iconic as Toxic was/is.

Bibidi, Babidi, Boo *****... get that blasphemous **** off of this thread please.

5 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

Billboard US Pure Sales Chart

#03 – 88.067
#09 – 13.728
#33 – 6.435
#59 – 3.857
#101 – 2.756
#130 – 2.152
TOTAL 116.995

:saycheese:

Are all of those pure sales or SPS? Where are you getting the last two from? Receipts please. HDD doesn't even show "Glory" in the top 50 and even the lowest entries have under 5,000 in sales... And btw, this week Glory fell to 138 on BB 200, not 130. Your facts are ****. Bye. :beynah:

Just now, iZacaree said:

Are all of those pure sales or SPS? Where are you getting the last two from? Receipts please. HDD doesn't even show "Glory" in the top 150 and even the lowest entries have under 1,500 in sales...

Pure Sales. Those numbers are by Billboard, not HDD. You can check the Top 200 pure sales chart every week at UKmix, they always post the whole thing. Check the Top 200 album sales for this week here

2 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

Albums are dead in general tbh. Shawn Mendes is really popular right now but he didn't sell 150K first week either.

Sales are bad, but everyone sells really bad, unless your name is Adele, Beyonce or Drake tbh.

Or unless you have a team and a record label that knows how to properly promote you...:nothavingit:

7 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

Albums are dead in general tbh. Shawn Mendes is really popular right now but he didn't sell 150K first week either.

Sales are bad, but everyone sells really bad, unless your name is Adele, Beyonce or Drake tbh.

Then the album is streamed a lot and the album still charts well or "sells" well under sps which is still isn't great for glory.

Archived