Britney admiring Rihanna's style; She should hire her stylist Mel Ottenberg

blue.monopoly

"******* dope and unexpected."

rihanna-vmas.jpg

Since she admires Rihanna's style she should hire Mel Ottenberg who puts those looks together for Riri. He could make Britney cool and give her her own look without turning her into Rihanna.

I feel that is the big reason she's not gaining new fans: her look, the visuals despite all of the promo she's doing. Fans these days are very visual, these kids are on tumblr they're on ig. Marco Marco designs aren't going to cut it. I feel strongly that he was responsible for that yellow leotard monstrosity at the vmas. :nothavingit:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I think Britney has generally tacky taste but her team doesn't try and maximize that. They just work with cheap designers instead of trying to work around that and getting Britney cool clothes.

her video looks are always on point though. It's like she has designers giving her good stuff for music videos but then her team doesn't wanna pay to have them design her tours

15 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I love the Glory style (or more like the original MM style)...but the POM style is horrific. 

Those yellow and pink monstrosities should have been left in Vegas. :sipney:

She has a stylist for her street wear while she's promoting and doing interviews but not for the stage. They seem to freelance project to project for her costumes. Oh vmas? tacky blond highlights and zebra patterns on the backup dancers, yellow leotard and boots? Marco Marco it is! - Her team somewhere penny pinching. :lanacackle:

5 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

She has a stylist for her street wear while she's promoting and doing interviews but not for the stage. They seem to freelance project to project for her costumes. Oh vmas? tacky blond highlights and zebra patterns on the backup dancers, yellow leotard and boots? Marco Marco it is! - Her team somewhere penny pinching. :lanacackle:

:kidcries:

1 hour ago, Xhesiko said:

IT TAKES MORE THAN CLOTHES TO BE STYLISH YOU NEED AN ATTITUDE TO GO WITH IT

RIHANNA LIVE, EAT AND BREATHE FASHION

BRITNEY ON THE OTHER HAND..... I WILL LOVE HER UNTIL I DIE BUT..... SHE'S A MOM NOW(THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID)

Britney being a mom has nothing to do with her fashion sense. Britney has always never been a fashion icon even before she had children. Not every popstar is a fashion icon.

13 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

This lol Rihanna is just a girl controlled by white men in suits. She has no input in her music. Britney has more input than rihanna. 

I have the feeling she tried to have some control over ANTI and that's why the Era started like a hot mess,  those 424 copies and the smoke of flop the first few weeks was a warning of Jay Z and his company what might happen to her career if she was rebelling then she followed the rules and work went #1, Jay Z always has been a sociopath in the business.

18 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

This lol Rihanna is just a girl controlled by white men in suits. She has no input in her music. Britney has more input than rihanna. 

Yikes, last time I checked Rihanna wasn't the pop star star under a lifetime conservatorship lols 

36 minutes ago, Hispanicney said:

I agree. She was bound to flop if she took creative control. I honestly would have respected rihanna more if she stuck to her guns and stayed true to herself. It's crazy how it took her 7 albums to get a first number one album (unapologetic) and with anti not going number 1, she didn't want to risk being the butt of the joke so the samsung deal cheated her way to the top.

Anti was # 1 is the lower selling album in history to reach # 1 of BB200 with 7000 copies SPS sold, then stabilized and became a success driven by the singles hit.

Archived