I still don't know why Britney fans say Hold It Against me "had no impact"

Bees To The Honey

That song was HUGE where I lived. I remember in the 7th grade everyone loved that song and bopped to it hardcore. One time I was singing it and this guy was like "EW! That songs about ***!" LMAO :orangu:

People here still know and remember that song. My roommate who loves old Britney, but not really new Britney, says that song is a masterpiece.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Till The World Ends had a lot more impact than HIAM.

That's not the question. Obviously it is, but people (the GP) still know Hold It Against Me. I remember one time my friend randomly was like "If I said i want your body now, would you hold it against me????" randomly to try and be funny and I was like "you remember that song????"

Well they're clearly not educated.

HIAM went #1 in like over 30 countries and it went #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
That lead single also made Britney the second artist in Billboard history to debut at #1 more than once.
It also made her the third female artist to score a #1 single in three consecutive decades, with also making her the seventh artist overall.
The video was so artistic, creative, dark and different to anything she's ever done. Very original as well. Its practically a story.
The sound she went for as well ended up having MAJOR impact upon mainstream pop music.
She took an underground sound like dubstep that was NOT popular or used by most pop acts during that time and mixed it with dance, pop and electro. Within a matter of months that sound got duplicated and was then scattered all over mainstream pop music. It was very trendsetting.

Blackout and FF are her most trendsetting albums since after her breakdown.

1 hour ago, david lachapelle said:

the people who are saying that are just pressed because EVERY era had impact other than Glory. :shameless:

Hold it Against God deserves NO disrespect. 

Kindly let me know what kind of ******* impact BJ had. Thanks :rude2me:

HIAM has one of the best melodies ever, is not about the beat or the bass or whatever, is the melody of the song that is simply beautiful, and not every song out there has that as a result, that's why a lot of songs sound crap when they are remixed cause a lot of the times the instrumental gives it all, when HIAM even with a crap instrumental would still sound awesome

38 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Well they're clearly not educated.

The video was so artistic, creative, dark and different to anything she's ever done. Very original as well. Its practically a story.
The sound she went for as well ended up having MAJOR impact upon mainstream pop music.
She took an underground sound like dubstep that was NOT popular or used by most pop acts during that time and mixed it with dance, pop and electro. Within a matter of months that sound got duplicated and was then scattered all over mainstream pop music. It was very trendsetting.

Britney didn't write or produce the song.  Didn't she just say that she had no creative control over her last few albums before Glory? 

That sound was all over the pop scene because the writers of the song were writing for everyone at that time, just like Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels are now.

As a EDM/dance song, it didn't make a great impact.

I never heard HIAM in a gay club/bar (yep, that's how i judge impact).  :quirkney:  Can't say the same for TTWE, IWG, WB...

HOWEVER, i must admit that after Hold it against me, a lot of pop songs included some dubstep bridges... 

The video would have been amazing if she didnt look in a daze. No offence to Britney though, we know she was kind of depressed in this time. 

I just loved how all her music videos were on the wall in that one scene. Imagine if she did that this era and we saw the original MM video on the wall. Trollney at her finest:rihclap:

Just now, david lachapelle said:

Work ***** impacted the pop world, is still remembered to this day, and became one of Britney's classics. :kiss:

Hm I guess you're right... but the fact that BJ had more "impact" than Glory bothers me... a lot :rude2me:

HIAM is a song that stayed in 2011. The song can't fit these days unlike ttwe and iwg

I haven't listened HIAM since a long time ago, not because I don't like it, I loved it when it came out but it has no longevity

Archived