Reason why Britney is not succeding as we expect

BritneyLover

2 hours ago, seanl3s said:

I think Britney has had a very long and successful career and now she's just wynding down from it. I don't think she has the drive for this industry as much as she used to and she's found/seen a completely new life for herself which emerged post breakdown era, she's a mother now and yeah ppl say "well you can be a mom and still work your *** off" but from the same token, when you have the millions and millions of dollars that she has actually you can just put your career on the back burner and focus on friends and family. The passion and love she has for her children will never compete with the passion/love she has for her fans and the love her fans have for her combined. I totally get it tho... people love the idea of her going on and carrying her legacy and keeping her status as the ultimate pop star but fact is she doesn't care about status or competing and I don't even judge her or blame her for that at all. Her profession destroyed her persona. She was far too young to be given that amount of cruelty and it's tainted her. She'll come back every now and then to top up her bank account because people will always want to see her, she brings in the big crowds but she will never fully return to who she was when she was at maestro level, that person was ripped to pieces, why would she want to go back there.

Even if you don't like what you're getting from her these days you can't deny that she has completely reinvented herself and it was mega important that she did.

All this seems very true.

I think two of the most appealing things about Britney in the first half of her career (pre-Blackout) were -
(A) her exceptional dancing/performing skills and
(B) her image as a blonde, beautiful, barbie-like pop culture figure who pushed controversial boundaries with her "inappropriate" underage *** appeal

Regarding (A), while she has improved immensely since Aug 2015, she has lost the rhythm and confidence she once had and she's accepted this too. The fact that she's frightened over the fact that she danced with a live snake on stage at the VMAs speaks volumes on how much she's MENTALLY grown out of the performer she was, not just physically. And as for (B), she is obviously not young anymore and we know how ****** the industry/GP can be with older women. Female pop acts always face a hurdle after entering their 30s, and Beyonce and Madonna really had to FIGHT with a strong work ethic to stay on top in that age. More so, her change in physical appearance and her embracing her "mom" status (unlike most celebs who kind of try to hide it) has led to the destruction of that controversial pop princess image she once was the epitome of. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call this a gay copout, but I think she needs a Ray of Light moment. She has been through so much and people want to know that she knows about it. Her talking about having a conservatorship has been the most exciting thing of this era so far, and that goes to show that people want to hear Britney acknowledge the terrible things that happened to her. I think it's only natural that she doesn't want to open up about it, but if she did she would receive boundless amounts of respect and credibility. I think the GP and the Britney Army want to see Britney the human. Glory is a great amazing fun record but it's just Britney giving us her persona again. She can't move on in her stardom without acknowledging through music about what happened to her. The BA and myself included obviously loves her either way but things would change astronomically if she opened up about her experiences. It would be amazing. I think I may appreciate BJ more than Glory (don't kill me) because it has hints of truth to it, that Brit isn't all fun and games and she's a human too. Like Madonna, she can go back to making silly, **** fun pop music, but we need to see her human side before all of that

(B) her image as a blonde, beautiful, barbie-like pop culture figure who pushed controversial boundaries with her "inappropriate" underage *** appeal

Yes! Sadly the industry is all about the image. She was never the flawless blonde Barbie, but that shined trough the music videos with the **** dancing, even in the FF videos (and WB). I'm sorry but her instagram account (filled with constant comments like "what happened to her face?") and her Momney status aren't helping. It's so sad but she was treated like a product. The industry is so ****** up, it isn't even about the music anymore.

Omg you people are so out of touch lol, nobody else sits around and analyzes her career to death like you guys do. Make Me wasn't a big hit because the song is honestly not that ******* great. It's good, sure. But it's not great.

Britney was always known for her uptempo melodic dance songs. INSTANTLY CATCHY DANCEABLE SONGS. Almost every single one of her hits is a danceable song with an earworm chorus.

THE PUBLIC DOES NOT CARE IF BRITNEY IS SOME "ARTISTE"............They want her to DELIVER HITS...no, she isn't taken 'seriously.' But everyone admits that they find some of her songs catchy as ****.

She has not released a solo uptempo melodic dance song since ******* I WANNA GO!!!! (Work ***** doesn't have a proper chorus so it does not count). It's been OVER FIVE YEARS

This is why we need Love Me Down as the next single.

5 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

This... but the question is... are she really interested or needs to climb up this hole and put so much effort to be at the center of the spotlights again, just like almost every other artist out there fights aggressively to be at?

Lets just look trough this perspective, every true fan already knows this, but is never enough to repeat, summarizing:

- when she was about 16yo she released one of the most iconic and influent music/video of the music history, that the single was #1 more than 25 countries;

- when she was about 17yo she premiered at the music industry with a #1 album that sold more than 30 millions  WW;

- when she was 18 yo she released an album that sold more than a million copies at it's first week (record maintained till last year, stolen by Adele, fair enough);

- when she was 19 yo she was dancing with a snake at the VMA (one of the most iconic moments of the music industry, the most one IMO);

- when she was 20 yo she released IS4U video clip, the moment that changed and eternized her image to the world, the Britney of the Britneys....

- when she was only 21 yo she was releasing In The Zone, one of the POP bibles.... and gave birth to Toxic... her most acknowledged and Grammy awarded work...

-not mentioning her magical/iconic/legendary/etc performances when she was sooooooo young....

She is a LEGEND, anybody can say anything about her nowadays but she is one of the most ICONIC artist of the history, as magical and legendary as Michael and Madonna.... not shading but, who was Beyoncé that day? Or Lady Gaga? Katy? Rihanna? Ariana? Selena? Demi? She was the ONE AND ONLY... and still is at her way.... she had been trough a lot hard times that none of us knows ****... but thank Godney she is still out there making music... lets just enjoy it... do not expect nothing, appreciate the moments...

So, actually, I really don't know if I want her to adopt an aggressive method to promote her work, or change her image to be the thing again... she seems having fun right now... it's hard as a fan but.. let her be.... but I just want a last WW tour.... PLEASE!! 

:mj::truthtea::angietea::comingthru:

I don't think she's a Legend.   She's has definitely had ICONIC moments in the pop music scene but unfortunately she hasn't been able to break the "pop princess" mold and she's already relying too heavily on her past work and hadn't evolved much.  I think in time, her career will be bunched in with the other pop stars of the early 2000s.

Its too early to call her legend.  Teenagers these days already don't really know who she is.   She still has time to transcend.

28 minutes ago, CurtisB said:

I don't think she's a Legend.   She's has definitely had ICONIC moments in the pop music scene but unfortunately she hasn't been able to break the "pop princess" mold and she's already relying too heavily on her past work and hadn't evolved much.  I think in time, her career will be bunched in with the other pop stars of the early 2000s.

Its too early to call her legend.  Teenagers these days already don't really know who she is.   She still has time to transcend.

if i'm gonna be honest, i agree...

although, she proved to us that she's not a fad though unlike some other artists. 

42 minutes ago, CurtisB said:

I actually highly disagree with this tbh, there comes a point in every legends career where they kind of plateau and stop being successful but it doesn't discount what they have already achieved or their legend status I think that Britney most certainly has earned legend status she is one of the most successful female artists in music history and has had some HUGE pop culture moments bigger than people that are super popular today and supposedly better artists for example Beyonce, Taylor, Adele! Mariah is considered a legend and she also started having career issues around the 18th/19th year of her career, Madonna hasn't had a solo hit in almost 2 decades and hasn't done anything iconic since the 2003 VMA's, Janet has dipped in and out of popularity as well and people stopped checking for her long before she retired. Honestly the fact that Britney was able to get a top 20 single 18 years into her career with no promo at all and after a completely disastrous era is actually a testament to what a legend she really is! 

21 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I actually highly disagree with this tbh, there comes a point in every legends career where they kind of plateau and stop being successful but it doesn't discount what they have already achieved or their legend status I think that Britney most certainly has earned legend status she is one of the most successful female artists in music history and has had some HUGE pop culture moments bigger than people that are super popular today and supposedly better artists for example Beyonce, Taylor, Adele! Mariah is considered a legend and she also started having career issues around the 18th/19th year of her career, Madonna hasn't had a solo hit in almost 2 decades and hasn't done anything iconic since the 2003 VMA's, Janet has dipped in and out of popularity as well and people stopped checking for her long before she retired. Honestly the fact that Britney was able to get a top 20 single 18 years into her career with no promo at all and after a completely disastrous era is actually a testament to what a legend she really is! 

She had a huge start to her career, no one can deny that. But she was only massively successful and consistent in terms of music from 99-04/05. It's a huge slap in the face to actual legends like Michael, Madonna, Prince ect. to prematurely call her a legend when they were consistent for decades.

The reason why she's struggling now is because the 18-24 year olds were 6-12 in 04/05 when her popularity as a musician started to wane. Then 8-14 during her breakdown, why would kids that age care about a popstar having a breakdown?

2005-2011 she wasn't at the top of the music conversation and during that time we had the rise of Rihanna, Katy, Gaga, DC3 breakup/the real start of solo Beyonce, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson's comeback and death

3 hours ago, Catalin said:

Well...that's true.

Can the OP give me the reason why Bon Jovi aren't succeeding as I expected? Their new single "This house is not for sale"(which is a great one) is doing terrible on the charts...and they are amazing live.

She wasn't #1 but the only reason Britney isn't recognized by the pop audiences nowis because she did not promote any of her work for nine years. And still in that time frame she sold more than 50+ million records.

she is definitely a legend and still influencing pop culture even with the things she does today. Britney whether we love it or hate It is always unapologetically herself and mysterious.

peoplenfrom this generation also don't know who Whitney Houston is does that mean she's not a legend?

8 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

100% agree with this. 

I think she only has 2 options if her and her team want her to be successful : She either needs to ditch the choreo completely and sing live (which is the less likely scenario) OR hire a better choreographer that can really give her iconic moves and get away with the lip sync (with convincing pre-recorded vocals). She's definitely capable of doing both options with the right guidance, but it's up to her team to be willing to spend money on a superior artistic team.

I feel like the artistic part of the era is what's destroying it and its purpose of a "pop redemption", her MV's have been tragic for the 3rd/almost 4th year in a row and her choreos are just armography with a few hairflips, no wonder no one is checking for her tbh. The only thing saving this era is the album itself. 

8 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Amen 

7 hours ago, seanl3s said:

I think Britney has had a very long and successful career and now she's just wynding down from it. I don't think she has the drive for this industry as much as she used to and she's found/seen a completely new life for herself which emerged post breakdown era, she's a mother now and yeah ppl say "well you can be a mom and still work your *** off" but from the same token, when you have the millions and millions of dollars that she has actually you can just put your career on the back burner and focus on friends and family. The passion and love she has for her children will never compete with the passion/love she has for her fans and the love her fans have for her combined. I totally get it tho... people love the idea of her going on and carrying her legacy and keeping her status as the ultimate pop star but fact is she doesn't care about status or competing and I don't even judge her or blame her for that at all. Her profession destroyed her persona. She was far too young to be given that amount of cruelty and it's tainted her. She'll come back every now and then to top up her bank account because people will always want to see her, she brings in the big crowds but she will never fully return to who she was when she was at maestro level, that person was ripped to pieces, why would she want to go back there.

Even if you don't like what you're getting from her these days you can't deny that she has completely reinvented herself and it was mega important that she did.

omg so good! i love good intellectual post, so woke!

3 hours ago, CurtisB said:

whaaattt????  how dare you? girl take this post and choke on it, and then become a "legend of your own stupidity", Britney is a legend, slave 4  u and toxic alone are legendary pop songs of our time sweetie, sweetie don't ever, ever get it twisted :tiffhair: basic hoes be trying it out here.

10 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

Seems like she's not keen on completely climbing out of that hole with all the mess lately. It's really just a 'job' now. Her passion is clearly with her kids & being a mom. 

11 hours ago, NewB said:

Seems like she's not keen on completely climbing out of that hole with all the mess lately. It's really just a 'job' now. Her passion is clearly with her kids & being a mom. 

i agree with this but I don't see it as a bad thing at all. she's a human being after all, maybe she didn't want to be a performer forever, who knows.

her success has opened so many doors for her now she can do anything she wants, I want her to find passion again and maybe the music industry isn't giving it to her anymore.

Archived