Make Me vs Perfect Illusion

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

No

the first time I heard make me I instantly fell in love with it, all of it

when I hear perfect illusion...I kinda wish the production was more...intense with more of an actual rock vibe to it. I like the song but it just sounds like a demo tbh :idkney:

so I don't think they would clash together well

Its so funny that around BJ era, it seemed like a Britney feat Gaga would be good for Brit's career at that point. But 3 years later it seems like a Britney feat Gaga might be needed to reintroduce the pop world to Gaga :drown:

I literally cannot at Gaga having her career low point after literally 4 pop albums. 

6 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

Wasn't planning on sleeping tonight, ***** giphy.gif

You're welcome ;)

2 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

3.5 pop albums since The Fame Monster was included in The Fame sales and was a rerelease of The Fame. Pretty tragic but I'd listen to Gaga over Lemoneyde any day of the week giphy.gif

I wouldn't :orangu:

I have never listened to an entire Gaga album. I might check out The Fame and the fame monster at some point. 

Lemonade actually sounds good tbh :coffee: 

I honestly love Gaga's previous work. Perfect Illusion is OK, but it can't be compared to Make Me. They're just way too different. And PI is not my style. MM is my style. I love MM :feelingmyself:

I'm happy that Gaga is experimenting and going through many directions, but for me she needs something like Bad Romance/Paparazzi/Poker Face/Lovegame etc. These songs really compliment her original style. I guess she just tries not to be weird anymore, because it doesn't bring her enough $$$ :verycool: She was crossing so much borders, that after 2 years she wasn't able to provide the WOW factor anymore. Her only chance for future success are solid singles and a solid album. PI is not big. Hopefully single #2 :idkney: Or we'll see Gaga flop :shameless:

p.s. I'm still mad for the MM original video. It would've brought attention to Britney in a good way. So sad. :bthink:

1 minute ago, JoffBaratheon said:

I don't care for either of them but The Fame and half of The Fame Monster are actually decent pop albums. Just Dance, Poker Face, Lovegame, Paparazzi, Bad Romance and Alejandro are cool 

I have heard all those singles :orangu: are any of the album tracks actually good?

1 minute ago, KW. said:

Rooting for pop music tbh. I am afraid "gay" pop music might be reaching a low point

You would think that someone like Gaga would deliver a great pop anthem but since ArtPop she is really trying to move away from the "pop" genre in general. 

I think it is okay if she is doing what she loves, PI is an okay song but it's not having the impact that "BTW", "TF" eras had. 

Pop was cool back in 2000-2010 after that everything sort of declined "material wise", most of the artists trying to be edgy and dark these days! I swear to god 70% of the songs on the radio are just so depressing lol. 

3 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

You would think that someone like Gaga would deliver a great pop anthem but since ArtPop she is really trying to move away from the "pop" genre in general. 

I think it is okay if she is doing what she loves, PI is an okay song but it's not having the impact that "BTW", "TF" eras had. 

Pop was cool back in 2000-2010 after that everything sort of declined "material wise", most of the artists trying to be edgy and dark these days! I swear to god 70% of the songs on the radio are just so depressing lol. 

Well, good for her for pursuing what she likes. 

It is just a bit bittersweet I guess then. Bitter because she could have been (still be? come through 2nd single!) a great pop icon. But if this continues, she will only be remembered as a fad from 2009-2011. And then some kind of an alternative artist idk.

I am glad Britney is sticking to her roots. I want fun pop music to de-stress and shake my *** to. 

1 minute ago, JoffBaratheon said:

I like Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, Big Girl Now and Monster off the top of my head. I need to go and listen to them again to remember the names 

Let me know how they have aged sis

1 minute ago, FaBritney said:

Gaga seems to be moving away from Britney, Madonna and the pop music. They're not comparable right now, in any way. :unbothered:

Somebody compared her to Cindy Lauper tbh

2 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

I'd still listen to them. As for Beyonce I like her Destiny's Child work way more. I'll still listen to Say My Name, Bootylicious and Independent Women. I do like Crazy In Love, Baby Boy, Upgrade U, Countdown and Partition though but those three DC tracks are better than her solo hits. 

Hmmm... i agree to an extent 

Archived