Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

1 minute ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

You've got it the wrong way round - it's us who don't owe her anything. The majority of us have stuck around since her breakdown - nearly a decade now - waiting for her to improve and become a real performer again. We don't have to accept lipsyncing to 15-year-old tracks; we don't have to accept being unable to lipsync competently to her own tracks; we don't have to accept her lackluster dancing for the 9th year running. Not one single fan has the obligation to accept any of these changes in Britney, and a lot aren't, judging by her huge decline in record sales. It doesn't make you a "hater" or a "bad fan" to get tired of what Britney has been giving us for the past 9 years. Whether we decide to accept these changes or leave Britney behind, we are (or were) all still fans at the end of the day. Trying to vilify the people who aren't as accepting of this mediocrity as you is just going to drive more and more people away.

Then why don't they just leave Britney? 

Why barrage negativity towards Britney, when she's clearly trying her best? 

Quit acting like you know what's going on with her life. 

:verycool:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

I don't get you guys.

First y'all want her to dance.

Then you want her to sing live.

Her routines do not facilitate both at the same time. Didn't you see her trying to catch her breath at parts? Now imagine that with live vocals...kimkardashiantragic.jpg

I would take her getting dragged for lipping as she would get RIPPED TO SHREDS for her live vocals...let's not pretend that she's Adele.

:thetea:

She could have sang the verse of toxic live, and the verse of make me. Let's not pretend she's mute. I can't with the excuses here. SHE'S A ******* SINGER! She releases albums for god's sake!!!

2 minutes ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

You've got it the wrong way round - it's us who don't owe her anything. The majority of us have stuck around since her breakdown - nearly a decade now - waiting for her to improve and become a real performer again. We don't have to accept lipsyncing to 15-year-old tracks; we don't have to accept being unable to lipsync competently to her own tracks; we don't have to accept her lackluster dancing for the 9th year running. Not one single fan has the obligation to accept any of these changes in Britney, and a lot aren't, judging by her huge decline in record sales. It doesn't make you a "hater" or a "bad fan" to get tired of what Britney has been giving us for the past 9 years. Whether we decide to accept these changes or leave Britney behind, we are (or were) all still fans at the end of the day. Trying to vilify the people who aren't as accepting of this mediocrity as you is just going to drive more and more people away.

Drag it, scalp it, boil it. Leave it in a ******* coffin. :tiffsmoke:

30 minutes ago, Walker said:

I expected her to improve.... Lipsyncing was so bad, she was barely lipsyncing actually. The choreography was also bad and her execution of the choreography was "meh". She looked hot... but looking hot is not enough. Brit... if you're going to dance the way you're currently dancing, please just make the effort to sing some verses live.

She has improved, *****. Just two years ago there was no way she'd be performing in a soldout arena on a festival. 

12 minutes ago, <3Britney said:

Sorry that when an artist puts out a new album, it's expected they'd perform songs from that album 

Not tired watered down routines with cheap remixes of old hits with the cd vocals from 10 plus years ago plastered on top

No. It's a fckn festival which its attendants were mostly the GP. To perform tracks which the GP were not familiar with is pointless (especially Glory's undeserved underwhelming sales so far) 

there are 3 Britney.

Britney 1999-2004

Britney 2007-2013

AND NOW this Britney, that she is wonderful

If you dont like it, go out.

Britney 1999-2004 died.

take the idea! this is the reality.

32 minutes ago, saicis said:

And yet again, she's a singer who doesn't sing. How can she not be embarrassed by that? Not ONE WORD live in over 10 years?

If someone told 3-17 year old Britneh she would not sing ever. She'd be pissed off. Why is present Britney forgetting the reason she started singing?

43 minutes ago, saicis said:

They all sang live. Even if they sounded bad at parts, they sang live. 

Therefore they already have the upper hand. Full stop. 

No baby. As GP, i wanna go to a show and have fun. Believe me, you will not be ready to spend money on a mediocre boring performance with WEAK live vocals. If so, then good luck. If i wanna hear good music, i listen to the studio version. POP music is not about singing live because it is such a complicated, modern and technologic-ish style. I prefer lip syncing with an entertaining performance instead of standing with crowd hearing weak vocals with boring music and mediocre show. Full stop.

15 minutes ago, AaliyahNation1979 said:

Tbh ill just buy Britney albums from now on if they are good. Idc about her videos at this point. Or her shows. Maybe ill buy cheap tickets to see her again.

Exactly. I'm done expecting

1) bold, iconic videos with creative efforts in terms of plot, choreo and aesthetics

2) exciting and well-rehearsed live performances with rhythm and pre-recording

But I think her music is ******* amazing right now, so I will definitely keep my expectations at a somewhat high level for her forthcoming albums. 

1 minute ago, radar89 said:

No. It's a fckn festival which its attendants were mostly the GP. To perform tracks which the GP were not familiar with is pointless (especially Glory's undeserved underwhelming sales so far) 

yet Ariana performed tracks off her album? and you do realize, by her actually performing songs off of that album even if the GP hasn't heard them, it makes them get into the song and stream or purchase it when they get home? 

6 minutes ago, AaliyahNation1979 said:

:tiffeyeroll:

Oh cry me a river.

Suck my ***, 

7 minutes ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

You've got it the wrong way round - it's us who don't owe her anything. The majority of us have stuck around since her breakdown - nearly a decade now - waiting for her to improve and become a real performer again. We don't have to accept lipsyncing to 15-year-old tracks; we don't have to accept being unable to lipsync competently to her own music; we don't have to accept her lackluster dancing for the 9th year running. Not one single fan has the obligation to accept any of these changes in Britney, and a lot aren't, judging by her huge decline in record sales. It doesn't make you a "hater" or a "bad fan" to get tired of what Britney has been giving us for the past 9 years. Whether we decide to accept these changes or leave Britney behind, we are (or were) all still fans at the end of the day. Trying to vilify the people who aren't as accepting of this mediocrity as you is just going to drive more and more people away.

What you don't get is that you are not forced to buy her music and stan for her. No one held a gun to your head for 9 years to follow her and watch her improvements. Gtfo Britney is gonna do Britney and you can leave and stan someone else bye bitchhh

i do think that this fan overrects all the time a nit picks on things that are unecessary (like the leotards) but i do think this time it's valid because she has a new album out and we would like to listen to those songs for once instead of the same ones that we have been listening to for 3 years with the same bad choreo. and honestly at this point even i'm tired of the 1999 vocals because she isn't doing anything to compensate for it. the problem is that exhale complains so much that when its actually valid it gets paid dust because its seen as just another fit...

Just now, radar89 said:

She should have done at LEAST one more new track. 

Or could've picked good performances from POM

Archived