Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

Just now, westshouse said:

hmmmmm idk, the original version of make me. She didn't even address it and then Larry just made stuff up cause he thought that would get us to stop complaining. She put out her best album since ITZ and Blackout and all she wants to do is promote POM, a show that has been going on for almost 4 years now:whitneyshade:

you haven't listed any risks, only mentioned the music video. 

lets hears some risks....

im not having a go at anyone's comments by the way I just always read "Britney should do more, she should take more risks, she should try new things" and then when asked... "well what risks, what kinda things are you looking for?" people just revert back to "ummm.... live vocals, make me original video".

2 things we know we don't get Live vocals, and the make me video. As for the vocals we've known this for 15+ years, I feel bad for anyone still shocked by that and the video, well that was a decision made by her and her management, so yeah what risks would you like to see her take?

don't you think that while she is still performing at Vegas and selling tickets from a business point of view it would be wise to promote that since that's her main gig at the moment?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, button said:

I won't try to change your opinion but I'm not really feeling this one at all so perhaps I came off as rude when I said I thought you were joking. But it's not like you're doing any better when you call the ones who prefer the BBMA "delusional". :JLostare:

I didn't say they are delusional. I meant to say I really like this performance more than the rest. I guess people loved BBMA more, that's their opinion. But I thought it's a jittery mess. I told you my honest opinion of the ones before this, so you'd understand I'm not just saying it because I praise everything she does. 

2 minutes ago, <3Britney said:

Sorry that when an artist puts out a new album, it's expected they'd perform songs from that album 

Not tired watered down routines with cheap remixes of old hits with the cd vocals from 10 plus years ago plastered on top

Honestly it's crazy, with circus we got a bad performance of womanizer and circus on gma, a overseas performance of the same thing on the X factor and some French show and that was it with performances I believe, for femme fatale we got gma again and that was bad, jimmy kimmel and that was bad and the bbmas where she looked terribly awkward.  With BJ we got nothing.

no sense of arguing

12 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I'm just sick of Vegas. She made an amazing album that's only been out for a month and she's only done 2 songs live. I wish she was concentrating on Glory instead of Vegas still. I wish she had at least put it one new Glory song last night. I really don't want this to be a repeat of the BJ era - just adding 2-3 songs into POM and having just a few singles with mediocre videos. I don't want her to forget about her album to concentrate on Vegas again. It feels like that's happening again.

Hahahhahahahhaha

Flop fan

For example

Did you know that MATM was in october and toxic in february?

3-4 months between single and single

Just now, monti50 said:

Honestly it's crazy, with circus we got a bad performance of womanizer and circus on gma, a overseas performance of the same thing on the X factor and some French show and that was it with performances I believe, for femme fatale we got gma again and that was bad, jimmy kimmel and that was bad and the bbmas where she looked terribly awkward.  With BJ we got nothing.

no sense of arguing

Circus Era performances weren't bad imo

5 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I didn't say they are delusional. I meant to say I really like this performance more than the rest. I guess people loved BBMA more, that's their opinion. But I thought it's a jittery mess. I told you my honest opinion of the ones before this, so you'd understand I'm not just saying it because I praise everything she does. 

Yeah you didn't say they are delusional. I edited my post once I read yours a second time. You were a bit fast. :JLostare:

8 minutes ago, seanl3s said:

you can drag yourself lol

something fresh? what do you want? I don't care about lip syncing so your wasting that argument with me, it doesn't give me any more respect for an artist in my opinion, if i'm in the mood for a live act i'll look up a live singer, i know what i'm getting with Brit.

every new performance she does something different, wether its choreo or a remix to a track, but yeah it's never Fresh!!! What do you actually want from her i'd like to know because it really doesn't matter if you get it or not you'll still complain.

Look, i'm not coming for you. Can't you see that? It's not personal against you or even against Britney. 

My problem is that she is doing more harm than good with these performances. If by performing her old hits she's meant to promote POM, it isn't working. She's just confirming what people already think...that she can't sing, she can't dance and is no longer relevant. 

When you say you'll look for another live act, you mean basically every other singer except Britney? Because she's the only one who lips 100% of the time.

What do I want from her? To show us she can still sing and to show us she's grown as an artist. 

Why the hell do we need to see her perform slave again? If she ain't gonna slay the choreo, dont bother. Same with Make me.... ***** your guest rapper is singing live next to you and you can't? What's wrong with her? I don't get it and nothing you say can justify her actions. She's ruining her legacy.

5 minutes ago, button said:

Yeah you didn't they are delusional. I edited my post once I read your post a second time. You were a bit fast. :JLostare:

Haha. It's just a rough day in Exhale. I hate how we can't even love a performance without rest of exhale calling us "delusional" You are not hater if you didn't like it, I'm not delusional for liking it. It's just we're looking for different things in a performance. 

It really is sad that we're having a reasonable discussion about Britney, most of us aren't even bashing her, just saying that her routines are no longer fresh and exciting, and in swarm some of the Britards to try and make people "see the light" about how stupid we are. :embarrassney:

Britney lip-synchs. She's always done this. But we all know damn well that from 1998 up until 2011, she would lip to PRE. RECORDED. VOCALS. :lessons: And up until 2004 (or 2009 if you believe YOK was live at Circus), she would also sing live. At the very least, she'd try to sing ballads and mid-tempos.

Britney has always danced. And her dancing is the best it's ever been post-breakdown. Her choreography itself is TRASH. :lessons: No one minded when she would perform Slave with the same choreography 2000 times back in 2001-2004, because it was difficult, fresh and exciting at the time. Hell, it still would be today!

All we're saying is either pre-record or belt out the songs from this new album that has the most mid-tempo tracks on it since ******* OOPS! :lessons:

Or, if you want to put on a real show with these slower tracks... MAKE ACTUAL CHOREOGRAPHIES FOR THEM. She literally used up her entire reservoir of dance-moves for the hallway scenes in the official Make Me video, and no one can deny this.

I can't speak for anyone else but myself. And I don't care if she does the same routine 40,000 times. I don't care if she lip-synchs for her life. But ******* it Britney, pre-record vocals from this millennia for your songs, and make some MEMORABLE choreographies instead of INFAMOUS choreographies. :lessons: 

I don't expect her doing killer choreographies, I expect her to act more mature and professional (I keep on repeating this all the time). You have new album, that u're happy with, you promote it. You are bashing for lipsynch and every performance is doing more damage than good, try prerecord. Im so happy she is doing all the promo but she needs more focus and work on it.

24 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

Stop complaining and take what she gives, she owes us nothing at all.

You've got it the wrong way round - it's us who don't owe her anything. The majority of us have stuck around since her breakdown - nearly a decade now - waiting for her to improve and become a real performer again. We don't have to accept lipsyncing to 15-year-old tracks; we don't have to accept being unable to lipsync competently to her own music; we don't have to accept her lackluster dancing for the 9th year running. Not one single fan has the obligation to accept any of these changes in Britney, and a lot aren't, judging by her huge decline in record sales. It doesn't make you a "hater" or a "bad fan" to get tired of what Britney has been giving us for the past 9 years. Whether we decide to accept these changes or leave Britney behind, we are (or were) all still fans at the end of the day. Trying to vilify the people who aren't as accepting of this mediocrity as you is just going to drive more and more people away.

Every era is always the same. 

Britney needs to do this, Britney needs to do that. 

Why can't fans understand their role in all of this? 

We are not here to take down Britney when she's trying to rehabilitate her image to the public. We are here to support her every decision. No complaints. 

If you are tired of it, I suggest you stan for Adele / Lana for live singing. Gaga for weird performances. Rihanna for risqué videos. Beyoncé for out-of-this-world/over-rated as hell music. 

:comingthru:

Just now, seanl3s said:

you haven't listed any risks, only mentioned the music video. 

lets hears some risks....

im not having a go at anyone's comments by the way I just always read "Britney should do more, she should take more risks, she should try new things" and then when asked... "well what risks, what kinda things are you looking for?" people just revert back to "ummm.... live vocals, make me original video".

2 things we know we don't get Live vocals, and the make me video. As for the vocals we've known this for 15+ years, I feel bad for anyone still shocked by that and the video, well that was a decision made by her and her management, so yeah what risks would you like to see her take?

don't you think that while she is still performing at Vegas and selling tickets from a business point of view it would be wise to promote that since that's her main gig at the moment?

We keep bringing up live vocals cause we're tired of seeing articles saying she forgot the words or she's not even in sync. We keep bringing up the original make me video, cause believe it or not, that video would've caused controversy, the GP would've ate it up, and we would have gotten the second single already and a new video in a few weeks. When we say risks, we mean new choreo, new sets, more importantly a new team.

You don't think everyone already knows she has a Vegas show here that will be entering it's fourth year in 2017? Like, hello, did you forget that you just dropped an album with 15 other songs that you can perform a month ago? 

I don't know what everyone else wants, but i honestly just want her to push herself and try to compete with the other girls

6 minutes ago, westshouse said:

im glad you enjoy seeing the same POM choreo for every peformance and the same songs performed with the same backing tracks from 1998-2009

okay tryhard, see this is how it works. a song has a choreo. britney does a song. britney does a choreo for that song. she did it before. toxic was always the same. slave was always the same. that's how it always was. is it clear? should i draw it to you? use shorter sentences? just say. 

Archived