Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Because hardly anybody outside of Exhale has heard Glory songs so it would kill the mood. "Hey what song is this?" "A new one probably. Where's Toxic?" :crying1:

Well before Britney performed DYWCO yesterday she said, "I'm going to do a new song for y'all." And the crowd seemed to be into DYWCO, so it's not like they're closed off to hearing new music.

She could've definitely done another new song imo. Instead of the Missy Elliot break (which I think she does to catch her breath), she could've gone for another midtempo off Glory (JLvM, Slumber Party, etc.), actually sung it without heavy choreo while her dancers could've been doing a background routine and the stage production shifted to something calmer.

I think Exhalers and fans wanted to see another song off Glory performed because you still get people asking "Britney Spears still makes music? I thought she stopped a while ago?" So while I understand the reason to perform songs that the GP know, at least placing a song or two off Glory would've stopped people momentarily from saying she's a nostalgia act.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

The thing is that nowadays, everyone seems to be mediocre. I'm not saying this to defend Britney, obvi I want her to do better, but that's something I noticed. It's like no one wants to step it up and like be iconic, like no one is iconic now which is sad :rude2me: Everyone does the same old **** over and over again but the difference is that they have a better artistic team around them, unlike Britney. That's why it's harder for Britney to do good, she just needs a better team to give her better chroreo and visuals at least, if she doesn't want to step her pu$$y up tbh :rude2me:

But they're not? Selana Gomes and Ariana yes, they're basic af. But Britney's contemporaries like Beyonce and JLO... their performances are not basic sis...

Just now, BreatheOnMoi said:

Omg awwww look at you playing the innocent. "All we say is we don't like the hairflipppppsss, and the way she dances with her armssssssss, that's alllllllll, we're very nice people that aren't shady or don't say anything mean at allllll." 

And I don't need a "strategy" to express my opinion, calling you feeble minded is possibly the nicest thing I could call you. Take it with a grain of salt. 

aaaahahahahahahahahahaha please don't stop 

ekqr5t.jpg 

Guest StrawberryKisses

People need to just relax and stop setting high expectations of her... she even said it herself that her fans have high expectations. :verycool: Just relax. Everyone I talked to thought the performance was great and is happy that Britney is performing again!

Get some coke off of G-Eazy exhale... so negative :quirkney:

26 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I swear I read this somewhere here:

"It was embarrassing...she was lip syncing to 10 year old songs and didn't dance for more than 30 seconds in every song, the rest was just PURE walking"

7 minutes ago, david lachapelle said:

her dancing was very, very, very weak and she was lip syncing to 10 year old songs.

but if you're thrilled just to see her having fun, then that's great. 

sounds almost similiar right?

1 minute ago, BratzBitch said:

The thing is that nowadays, everyone seems to be mediocre. I'm not saying this to defend Britney, obvi I want her to do better, but that's something I noticed. It's like no one wants to step it up and like be iconic, like no one is iconic now which is sad :rude2me: Everyone does the same old **** over and over again but the difference is that they have a better artistic team around them, unlike Britney. That's why it's harder for Britney to do good, she just needs a better artistic team at least, if she doesn't want to step her pu$$y up tbh :rude2me:

I kinda agree. And it seems the only way the newbies think they can be iconic is by being slutty. Adele is the only artist that seems to stand as an actual artist. Lady Gaga is actually winning over fans again with her determination and passion. You can tell she wants it and will work her *** off for it, which is refreshing. But why Britney's team thinks taking Vegas on the road is the way to go is beyond me. Vegas medley's in this era of internet is a great way to piss off fans. We've already seen this show a million times before. When we hear "awards show", we think, "Oh, something new! Something exciting!" and the let down is really starting to hurt.

Girl, let's not be delusional, it was great but like please :rude2me: Even tho she doesn't dance that much, Beyoncé always gives her best visually and has a really smart team. And honestly, Beyoncé did the same medley gig she did at the VMA's in 2014 or whatever year that was, but like Britney isn't nowhere near Beyonce's team level of artistry :rude2me: 

10 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

I haven't seen it yet... Is it that bad?:ohnoney:

I haven't seen it at all. But I'm already disgusted by the setlist and her unprofessional hairstyle in the image in the OP. Who the **** performs in a prestigious music festival while wearing a NEST on their head? Finding out from everybody here that she didn't do a damn thing differently from POM routines is just icing on the cake. :lessons:

18 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But they're not? Selana Gomes and Ariana yes, they're basic af. But Britney's contemporaries like Beyonce and JLO... their performances are not basic sis...

Girl, I'm not saying basic, I'm saying the same stuff, basic or not. Like this year's VMA's performance of Bey was like the same gig she did a couple of years prior and it still slays what Britney does currently, that's my point :britdrown:

Just now, PieceofBritney said:

It's your opinion dude, what I meant is calling her the best performer out there is going too far. lol I mean saying it's Britney, but Beyonce is also not that great either. 

Is it really going too far, though? I meant she's greatest mainstream performer currently, not, you know, greatest performer of all time. No one alive and currently performing right now does it better than Beyonce. Okay maybe Adele or Pink. Just my opinion. Like I said, that does not in any way diminishes Britney as an artist or as a performer. And it also does not make me hate Beyonce less, but I give credit where credit is due. Britney is doing great. Beyonce is doing great. But they're paying on different fields.

No one can touch Beyoncè. The GP are completely over Britney, and there's nothing we can do about that. 

Unless she gives a fully sung live performance and does some epic choreography like the Boys breakdown or "light that *** on fire" with splits (which she'a definitely capable of) then there's no chance. She has to come out, nail a performance, and wow the general public.

Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, CriminalLegend said:

BBMA... yeah, toxic was different (and amazing) but the rest was POM :juggingu:

Really? I thought it was great! She seemed more into it..cuz with what I've seen from the POM.it looks like she is a little bored with the same old..

Well..all in all..the feel is different from iHeart to BBMAs...even if it is the same as her POM stuff..BBMAs looked a lot more energetic.I even feel like that she prefers to perform on award shows or different stages cuz I felt her more on those 2 award shows..like..she really had that energy

3 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Is it really going too far, though? I meant she's greatest mainstream performer currently, not, you know, greatest performer of all time. No one alive and currently performing right now does it better than Beyonce. Okay maybe Adele or Pink. Just my opinion. Like I said, that does not in any way diminishes Britney as an artist or as a performer. And it also does not make me hate Beyonce less, but I give credit where credit is due. Britney is doing great. Beyonce is doing great. But they're paying on different fields.

Pink does it better actually now that you pointed it out. She dances and also sings live EXACTLY like the record. She is really good. 

Archived