Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

I do really wish they would get rid of some of the older songs like Stronger & Crazy. If you're going to do the older songs then do Baby & Oops.

Also, she seems most "into" and alive during the Glory songs, so I wish she would have done more from Glory. 

She looked great, and seemed to be enjoying herself but I had to laugh a few times because she was off: her dancers had to turn her around to walk the other way during the missy break. after her first work ***** chorus, she was about to walk over to the left side of the stage and do the second verse. seems like she didn't rehearse enough and was realizing some of the choreography as it happened--but I sort of enjoy those flaws--she is human. 

I'm also just not sure festivals are for her. She is so classically trained, she is so set in her routine and executes it well, but festivals usually demand some spontaneity and some "let the hair down and just have fun" moments, which are not Britney's style.

This got way longer than I had anticipated but I did enjoy it and i'm glad she is putting herself out there like this. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, this performance made me realize I don't really like her choreography or performances as much anymore. I think the BBMAs were really good besides the beginning, but idk, I'm just not into all the arm movements, walking back and forth, and the shitload of dancers around her all the time. I wish she would do more hip hop choreography and scale things back. Go for a less is more approach. Less dancers, less of a production/spectacle, less "pointless" choreography. More focus just on her, more live singing (seriously, even just a few lines here and there with prerecorded vocals. The lip syncing with vocals from 10-20 years ago is ridiculous.), more meaningful choreography, maybe even some improv choreography as she's just "feeling herself" in the moment. Some of her best performances were relatively simple with just her and some dancers, not much production, some live singing, and her just focusing on getting into it. (TRL 2003, ABC Special, VMAs 2001 (production was high though))

1 minute ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Why are you guys so negative tbh? Did you not get chills watching someone you love and stan for power through the crowd to those pulsating beats of Work *****? Did you not enjoy watching her ******* show you new moves for Slave 4 U? Were you not ******* impress to watch a woman perform live in front of the nation for 30 minutes straight when she was expected to NEVER do something like this again?

Just **** off, you know? Stan for someone else please, it would be so much ******* easier.

Nope it didn't have any impact on me nor chills. Already saw that performance . Though she's working that dance moves but yeah no

Archived