Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

Just to be clear about what I'm referring to in regards to Sunset Tan...

Larry was part of a reality series called "Sunset Tan" back in 2006. At the time, Britney was coming off the Onyx Tour. Chaotic had happened, but she was still considered America's Princess (although the cracks were starting to show). And here she is (above), being paraded by Larry in front of the paps and the reality TV cameras in an appearance that didn't exactly fit her A-list status.

I've had a hate on for Larry ever since this segment aired. For real.

More on Sunset Tan and Larry's involvement with the franchise:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/la-sunset-tan-owners-to-launch-nationwide-franchise-following-success-of-hit-reality-series-59867217.html

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think part of it is RCA just doesn't invest enough in her and I think since they footed the bill for the scrapped music video/album shoot they didn't give her much money for anything else.....which was pretty evident from the 2nd video and album shoot.......I mean if RCA truly cared more about her they would've at least shelled out some more money for a decent album art re-shoot. I feel like RCA only gives her a lot of money for the first video of each era and then after that practically nothing

Why would they spend even more money after they had already given Larry a fat check that he blew the first time? They likely handed Larry a check and the freedom to do whatever is partly why the whole Make Me video mess came about to begin with. They don't micro-manage and dictate how the artists with 18 years in the business spend the budget because they assume their management team knows what they're doing. Maybe they should and all of this mess could've been avoided.

1 hour ago, blue.monopoly said:

Why would they spend even more money after they had already given Larry a fat check that he blew the first time? They likely handed Larry a check and the freedom to do whatever is partly why the whole Make Me video mess came about to begin with. They don't micro-manage and dictate how the artists with 18 years in the business spend the budget because they assume their management team knows what they're doing. Maybe they should and all of this mess could've been avoided.

I've been wondering about this for a while now...

How much did RCA know going into the original MM shoot? Where they aware of the concept before production started? Or only after the first rough cut was delivered?

On September 18, 2016 at 2:07 AM, Onyx1126 said:

I agree however I do think that there is a quality that Britney has that still attracts some of the younger audience in a way that Madonna did not. Britney still has a tug with the younger audience largely due to the success of the FF singles, S&S and her still highly popular fragrance collection !! 

She isn't who younger audiences get fanatic about but I think she is more relatable as the icon who came b4 their favs more so than Madonna was to us 

IA, that's why I said previously that she still can reclaim her fame and attract younger crowds. There's something "youthful" about Britney. It's not "corny" to like her with the right music like Femme Fatale. My sister was 10 at that time and she and her friends were all jamming to TTWE and HIAM. If Madonna, who had a much mature and older image in 2005 than Britney now, made me a fan (Confessions album).. then Britney can make new fans too. She just has to find her groove. She's on her way there I believe.

Yeah IA with your last point too.. like if I was 14 and stanned Selena or Miley (who both stan Britney) in 2016, I can still somewhat get down with Britney's music. Unlike in 2003, I don't think Britney teen fans then could relate to 2003 Madonna's image or music. So yeah, if Britney plays her cards right.. she can do it. 

On 9/18/2016 at 1:27 AM, Someone Who Knows said:

I mean, she debuted 18 years ago. There are people who are now becoming legal adults who weren't born yet when BOMT came out.

That doesn't really make much difference though. Loads of people listen to music from before when they were born. I was born in 1990 and I listen to some 80s music and 70s and I've even heard a few 50s and 60s tunes, though I don't actively listen to them. I do know of 'classic' acts though. I'm sure there are plenty of younger Britney fans around, it's just that some might not admit to it because they don't want to be regarded as 'uncool'.

Guest Lord Bills
On 19/9/2016 at 6:25 PM, blue.monopoly said:

RCA made sure to bring Karen Kwak on board to A&R this project after Larry's Britney Jean / Will.i.am debacle

karen it wasn't the first choice, britney wasn't happy with the new music / A&R and then karen is happen. :comingthru:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived