• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NotAPassenger said:

Britney Jean is arguably the worst big pop album released in recent memory. The entire album is underbaked and it's not just Britneys fault. The album was supposed to be good, working with Mike Will Made It, Blood Orange and William Orbit etc... But there was serious conflicts behind the scenes that removed Britneys *****. Will was left to create an album out of 12 vocal takes for 14 songs that require 30+. 

Hold On Tight is the standout album being clearly Britney. Alien is vastly overrated, horribly produced the lyrics are nice however. Work ***** became a camp Britney Classic and was a small hit, still recognised. Now That I Found You was a personal favourite. Her vocals were nice on Perfume, at the time expected to be her best ever again- turns out she'd been holding out on us. 

The rest of it is ****, boring and generic. Sadly fans like to mould the album to fit this image they have of Britney; that this was a transitional record embued with heartbreak. In reality it was a bad album thrown together in 12 weeks in order to promote the bigger picture; the Britney brand. Ironically they underestimated how much damage it would do. 

I used to to like Britney Jean, it served itself as a wonderful album to listen to in a hungover state. But I have no desire to listen to it ever again knowing what she's now capable of. It's an insult. 

FLAMBE HA:letitburn:

1 hour ago, arthurssimon said:

how do you know this in the video isn't britney herself?

and what documentary? "i am britney jean"? because i just can't find it to watch it... just a strange version in youtube with a lot of fan mades (?) videos from POM...

cuz it was made with stems, and stems have the name of the persons voice... (I cant confirm this was made with them though cuz i didnt do it but i read it on other youtube videos, but it clearly isnt britneys voice....i'm surprised and dissapointed of work *****:idkney:)

And yes I'm talking about "IABJ" in the part where she is picking songs for her POM show...

That's an interesting analysis. I think you're very intelligent but some thoughts you had on some tracks -ISBE for example- were a bit much. Very interesting read nonetheless :)

I do think, though, people don't understand the concept behind Chillin With You, which was bringing Britney's music (pop, or in that case, hip hop/trap in the chorus), and Jamie Lynn's music (the guitar in the verses) together, even though it was very poorly done

Archived