Idg the hype around 'If I'm Dancing'

Shadow.

1 minute ago, - Kyle - said:

Yeah, like Barney and Britney dancing together.

And this too!  It also makes me think of Dragon Tales. :tiffanynod:

Yeah I'm sure Barney and the 12 kids he would have with him would twerk along to If I'm Dancing :britstare: I don't wanna know what goes on through your head :idkney:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
30 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

There are many viral hits that aren't anything special tbh Panda comes to mind tbh :eeek: The only difference is that I like If I'm Dancing I just don't get the hype

True! But for the track to get as much attention as it has (as only a bonus track) is pretty coo :saycheese: Aside from Make Me and the instant grass we've gotten, I think it's one of the more recognizable songs from the album. Plus it's eclectic, it's both very Britney but also something unexpected at the same time. I think the song is overall really catchy and appeals to large amounts of people across different groups since the vocals, production, and even the lyrical content are new yet familiar. It's one of the more uptempo songs on the album, too, which people generally associate Britney with more uptempo music than slower "chill/vibey" music.

1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

True! But for the track to get as much attention as it has (as only a bonus track) is pretty coo :saycheese: Aside from Make Me and the instant grass we've gotten, I think it's one of the more recognizable songs from the album. Plus it's eclectic, it's both very Britney but also something unexpected at the same time. I think the song is overall really catchy and appeals to large amounts of people across different groups since the vocals, production, and even the lyrical content are new yet familiar. It's one of the more uptempo songs on the album, too, which people generally associate Britney with more uptempo music than slower "chill/vibey" music.

I guess it does break the album up a bit :mhm:

40 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I do agree about them not being original because Just Luv Me could be a JB track (not that its a bad thing bc as much as I hate to admit it I love JB's new music)

I don't dislike Justin Bieber's new music either, but still.

I always loved Britney because she was inimitable. She appeals to my alt-pop leaning tastes. Obviously she's very mainstream, but at the same time, she's always taken sonic risks and hasn't usually sounded like the pop landscape. Her commercial dominance is clearly over, and I wish she'd focus on making the weird, unmistakably Britney music that people respect her for doing, because she does it better than anyone.

It's a STAND OUT TRACK and a ******* BOP!

Also, how are people here not realizing this song is DONNA SUMMER 2.0!??? Listen to "I Feel Love" and then listen to "If I'm Dancing". It's 100% heavily inspired by "I Feel Love" and is a delectable mix of schizo-hectic production, trap, disco and pop through a Britney filter. 

It's actually genius. Anyone who doesn't like this song - listen to it again. and again. I didn't like it at first either but after I "got it" I was addicted. SLAY. :bootyney:

Just now, badunkahunk said:

It's a STAND OUT TRACK and a ******* BOP!

Also, how are people here not realizing this song is DONNA SUMMER 2.0!??? Listen to "I Feel Love" and then listen to "If I'm Dancing". It's 100% heavily inspired by "I Feel Love" and is a delectable mix of schizo-hectic production, trap, disco and pop through a Britney filter. 

It's actually genius. Anyone who doesn't like this song - listen to it again. and again. I didn't like it at first either but after I "got it" I was addicted. SLAY. :bootyney:

THIS:angietea:

Do you wanna jam on that schizo-hectic, trap, disco pop jam wiz me hottie?:lustney:

Archived