I think she needs a new label

lustwecantcontrol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah I can see that, they are a bigger label so its not like she's on their top priority like Jive would. 

And also I really do believe its the label's fault that the original make me video is not released, they just didnt like it and probably said new video or no video at all.

Exactly they have too many big names and for some reason they chose to focus on some of them more than Britney, I could also see that too I mean they did nix the original Perfume video concept 

1 minute ago, ukfan said:

Britneys music and videos deserve the same treatment and consistency as Beyonce and Rihanna.  Since she has been with rca everything has slowed down.  Maybe it's rca maybe it's because of Vegas,  either way I get the feeling that rca aren't treating britney with the amount of respect as they should.  Britney is a top priority artist. They need to sort it out 

Yeah they don't treat her like a top priority at all, I mean like that letter they sent to radio about MM that's so pathetic and childish tbh.....like really that's all you're doing to help the legendary Britney Spears? Come on now!

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

A lot of the problem is RCA tbh, they picked a horrible week for both BJ and Glory to be released! They sent Glory out way too early which helped cause the leak and they don't push hard enough in advertising her albums....Glory wasn't in any ads the week of its release and she only had one iTunes banner. People always blame her team for these things but those things are actually up to the label! Also has anyone else noticed that once Jive went under and Britney went to RCA she has struggled chart wise.........I think it's the label, they don't put enough care/consideration/time into her like Jive did! 

maybe they threw 2 mil dollards to Make Me Original :quirkney:

10 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Did you not read my original post at all? A lot of how her album does is RCA's fault because they don't focus on her as much as they should and I'm not really talking about singles. 

And again, some of those other artists have big album rollouts under RCA showing that they aren't completely incompetent. We have no clue what goes on behind the scenes but u can't blame a whole label, especially when they are still funding and putting a lot of money into Britney. U wanna see bad treatment? Look up any label's r&b roster. 

34 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Why do you guys keep thinking it's the label? Zayn, JT, Chris Brown, Pink, Mark Ronson, Sia... All with RCA and all doing just fine with the singles they have had out. I don't think it has anything to do with her label. 

and Kelly Clarkson and JT and most of the pop artist :tbh: 

8 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

And again, some of those other artists have big album rollouts under RCA showing that they aren't completely incompetent. We have no clue what goes on behind the scenes but u can't blame a whole label, especially when they are still funding and putting a lot of money into Britney. U wanna see bad treatment? Look up any label's r&b roster. 

Yes they still have big albums because they are giving those artists the proper focus, they totally ****** Glory over with the release week, shipping the album too early, and not sending enough copies out to retailers....oh and not making sure it was advertised.....those are all things that they are in control of and dropped the ball on! 

1 minute ago, DoSomething954 said:

And TBH I hear Kelly Clarkson songs on the radio way more than Britney's. So apparently they can do something right. For Britney, it's probably a combination of things. Not JUST the label. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say it was just the label, but I think the label is a big part of it and for the record Kelly and RCA had a terrible relationship they fought over a ton of things they even pulled her entire promo budget for one of her albums and guess what.......she left them for a different label this year because she thinks RCA sucks

Yeah i agree tbh i always thought RCA were a terrible label they've ****** with so many other artists in the past. They only ever seem to focus on one artist and don't give as much attention to others signed to the label, i think someone said this a while ago on here as well. They don't seem to allow many artists a lot of artistic freedom as well etc.

I wish she could move labels but it isn't easy because she extended her contract with RCA after BJ was released. When her contract is up she should move to Interscope (Lady Gaga and Eminem's label) or something cause that's a good label. Or Atlantic.

1 hour ago, germanguy20 said:

didn't Jive merge with RCA? 

I think Kelly Clarkson was with them too and she decided to sign up with someone else because she wasn't very happy with the label at all :rihclap:

Yes that's right, when Jive shut down every artist on the label moved to RCA including Britney. Kelly was still with them and she released her most recent album (Piece by Piece which came out last year) on the label but she's since left as that was her last album on her contract with them and is now with Atlantic. Kelly had some issues with them in the past so i don't blame her ;)

Just now, ukfan said:

Zayn is a British kid who went on X factor didn't win,  got put in some overrated boyband, argued with the band, didn't like the music, made a few million quid and left the group quick as he could,  he's been famous 5 minutes and he's already got a list of things he won't do.  Just like beiber.  Now to me as a label I would treat them like a low priority artist.  

Britney is completely the opposite.  Worked hard from the start , broken records,  achieving so much in her life and is the Queen of pop.  

Why on earth would rca push lesser artists,  when the have one of the best artists of all time?  Once Vegas ends,  they better be more consistent,  otherwise Britney has every right to look for a new label.  

I don't want Britney to change labels,  I just want her to get the attention and respect that she has earned and deserves.  

If they promoted her better and gave more of a damn, they wouldn't have to send out ridiculous letters!  

Britney is this generations Michael Jackson.  Rca need to stop spending time and money on basic undeserving acts. 

Nobody is Michael Jackson 

There only one

You can do all the promotion you want, but if you're promotion is lackluster it's not going to have a good impact.

I think this really falls on team B, not RCA. They gave team B a huge budget for an amazing music video for the first single, and team B dropped the ball, big time. Not RCA.

The **** choreography and thrown together performances. These are issues that NEED fixing :boredashell:

8 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

You can do all the promotion you want, but if you're promotion is lackluster it's not going to have a good impact.

I think this really falls on team B, not RCA. They gave team B a huge budget for an amazing music video for the first single, and team B dropped the ball, big time. Not RCA.

The **** choreography and thrown together performances. These are issues that NEED fixing :boredashell:

RCA is the problem.  There is no way Jive would have agreed to release BJ or allowed the MM or Perfume video to be scrapped.  Do you remember how they shelved the Original Doll because it wasn't good enough?

You people complain a lot about Jive but a lot of what is happening under RCA would NEVER happen under Jive.  Jive actually cared about Britney's legacy and ever since she joined RCA everything has been a mess.

Archived